• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.84
  • Days Won:  226

48 minutes ago, Yowm said:

You forgot the image that goes with it LOL.

Counterfeit-Christianity-713x509.jpg

Oh ya, it does kind of make it doesn't it? :)

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,172
  • Content Per Day:  3.50
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  135
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

9 hours ago, missmuffet said:

Know what you believe and why
“Preach the Word! Be ready in season and out of season. Convince, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and teaching. For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine, but according to their own desires, because they have itching ears, they will heap up for themselves teachers; and they will turn their ears away from the truth, and be turned aside to fables.” 2 Tim 4:2.

The most important task of following Christ today is to know what you believe and why you believe it. Without a solid grounding in God’s Word you can easily stray from the truth. The responsibility to fill your mind with the knowledge of God rests squarely on your shoulders.

http://www.joydigitalmag.com/burning-issues/counterfeit-christianity/

Hear! Hear!  Well said, sis.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,000
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  12/08/1950

Thank you missmuffet.  I agree with you.  We need to keep our minds focussed on Him and His Word!   As for me and my house, we will choose the Lord.

Just wanted to add:  Galations 1:1-12, especially V10, "For do I now persuade men, or God? or do I seek to please men? for if I yet pleased men, I should not be the servant of Christ.".

Edited by SisterActs2
Wanted to add a scripture.
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,604
  • Content Per Day:  3.99
  • Days Won:  21

Thank you for this. all that glitters is not gold!

We Christian have to buckle down to some really individual and personal study to show ourselves approved. Even the mainline 'acceptable' denominations have tilted just a bit. I recall Paul Harvey, before his death ('the rest of the story') said that the seminary he was familiar with years ago (same name) was vastly different today than when he first knew it.

Little by little the adversary erodes Christian values and beliefs. Many unfortunates think this is those of us that read and study in depth extra-canonical books. They call us heretics and falsifiers of truth and un-Christian.
Quite the opposite I would venture to declare. We are all seeking truth in very hazardous times.

You know who the 'big names' are in popular TV evangelism and the internet. I am not saying that they are all suspect, but it is of vital importance that we individually study for ourselves. Our pastor may not be on the ball. Our friends may not have it quite correct. The spirit that burned Cranmer in Oxford is still around inciting people against those who dare to look for themselves and perhaps disagree with the establishment.

If you are a part of a crowd-belief system, then it is wise to study for yourself. Be careful.

Someone once told me:
Take the average IQ of the crowd, then divide the IQ number by the crowd number. The resultant is the IQ of an earthworm!

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  899
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,634
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

Not to argue with the OP or to point fingers.

I just want to bring up a vital point here.

What IS Christianity?

Most presume it is a way of life based on the New Covenant God made with the Jews and Gentiles with a lot of emphasis on the Old Covenant God made with the Jews.

If you DO this or DON'T DO that sort of thing...

I would remind us:

Ephesians 2:8–10 (AV)
8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.
10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

1 Corinthians 6:12–20 (AV)
12 All things are lawful unto me, but all things are not expedient: all things are lawful for me, but I will not be brought under the power of any.
13 Meats for the belly, and the belly for meats: but God shall destroy both it and them. Now the body is not for fornication, but for the Lord; and the Lord for the body.
14 And God hath both raised up the Lord, and will also raise up us by his own power.
15 Know ye not that your bodies are the members of Christ? shall I then take the members of Christ, and make them the members of an harlot? God forbid.
16 What? know ye not that he which is joined to an harlot is one body? for two, saith he, shall be one flesh.
17 But he that is joined unto the Lord is one spirit.
18 Flee fornication. Every sin that a man doeth is without the body; but he that committeth fornication sinneth against his own body.
19 What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?
20 For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God’s.

Romans 3 (AV)
1 What advantage then hath the Jew? or what profit is there of circumcision?
2 Much every way: chiefly, because that unto them were committed the oracles of God.
3 For what if some did not believe? shall their unbelief make the faith of God without effect?
4 God forbid: yea, let God be true, but every man a liar; as it is written, That thou mightest be justified in thy sayings, and mightest overcome when thou art judged.
5 But if our unrighteousness commend the righteousness of God, what shall we say? Is God unrighteous who taketh vengeance? (I speak as a man)
6 God forbid: for then how shall God judge the world?
7 For if the truth of God hath more abounded through my lie unto his glory; why yet am I also judged as a sinner?
8 And not rather, (as we be slanderously reported, and as some affirm that we say,) Let us do evil, that good may come? whose damnation is just.
9 What then? are we better than they? No, in no wise: for we have before proved both Jews and Gentiles, that they are all under sin;

10 As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:
11 There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God.
12 They are all gone out of the way, they are together become unprofitable; there is none that doeth good, no, not one.
13 Their throat is an open sepulchre; with their tongues they have used deceit; the poison of asps is under their lips:
14 Whose mouth is full of cursing and bitterness:
15 Their feet are swift to shed blood:
16 Destruction and misery are in their ways:
17 And the way of peace have they not known:
18 There is no fear of God before their eyes.
19 Now we know that what things soever the law saith, it saith to them who are under the law: that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God.
20 Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin.
21 But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets;
22 Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference:
23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;
24 Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:
25 Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;
26 To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus.
27 Where is boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? of works? Nay: but by the law of faith.
28 Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law.
29 Is he the God of the Jews only? is he not also of the Gentiles? Yes, of the Gentiles also:
30 Seeing it is one God, which shall justify the circumcision by faith, and uncircumcision through faith.
31 Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law.

We must strive to be perfect as our Heavenly Father is perfect.  But we are never going to actually be perfect.

We can excuse this in ourselves easily enough. Ah, but when it comes to others... we make glib statements or post photos of signs that pronounce judgment on others at the very least or worse: bring OT Law into NT Grace. 

People people people ours is a RESCUE mission!

How many of those poor people in Vegas did first responders and civilian responders pummel victims with their dogma?

Be sure you believe in and preach the genuine Jesus and then proceed.

God will sort out the rest.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,453
  • Content Per Day:  0.53
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  09/23/1991

16 hours ago, missmuffet said:

Counterfeit Christianity

I couldn't imagine there were so many, this article brought a lot I did not know.

"Then many false prophets will rise up and deceive many.
And because lawlessness will abound, the love of many will grow cold.
But he who endures to the end shall be saved." - Matthew 24:11-13

We see it happening a lot these days, people kill, steal, burn people alive, and say: "Jesus is Lord".

The Parable of the Wheat and the Tares

“The kingdom of heaven is like a man who sowed good seed in his field;
but while men slept, his enemy came and sowed tares among the wheat and went his way.
But when the grain had sprouted and produced a crop, then the tares also appeared.
So the servants of the owner came and said to him, ‘Sir, did you not sow good seed in your field? How then does it have tares?’
He said to them, ‘An enemy has done this.’ The servants said to him, ‘Do you want us then to go and gather them up?’
But he said, ‘No, lest while you gather up the tares you also uproot the wheat with them.
Let both grow together until the harvest, and at the time of harvest I will say to the reapers,
“First gather together the tares and bind them in bundles to burn them, but gather the wheat into my barn.” - Matthew 13:24-30

"But you are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God dwells in you.
Now if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he is not His." - Romans 8:9

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.36
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

11 hours ago, Yowm said:

You forgot the image that goes with it LOL.

Counterfeit-Christianity-713x509.jpg

Amongst many christains I have heard this all.   specially the im living in sin and the don't judge sin .

I hear that so often .    She or He  are living in sin , but you aint GOD , you aint judge, GOD knows their heart , he knows WHY they do as they do.

Yeah, I say GOD does KNOW the heart of man.    He does indeed.    AND ITS WICKED, COME TO CHRIST and HAVE A NEW ONE.

no excuses for sin period.    it don't matter why one sins , physcology has destroyed much.   what matters is that they are IN SIN

and NEED to repent of it .    Yowm,  I know ya spotted that all inclusive dung pile message in them churches.

I warn us all, its growing fast .   Miss muffet IS RIGHT , the foundation of the one world religioin IT IS.

its foundation is the false daughter churches built upon the very stone of ROME.    Oh dear it starts small too.

it begins always with UNEQUALLY YOKED SEEKER FRIENDLY MENTATLITY  from their it worsens .

Its all over the media, its all over major churches.   But I KNOW you already KNOW this.     I just despise it so and must

keep warning against it.    

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.36
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

1 hour ago, JohnD said:

Not to argue with the OP or to point fingers.

I just want to bring up a vital point here.

What IS Christianity?

Most presume it is a way of life based on the New Covenant God made with the Jews and Gentiles with a lot of emphasis on the Old Covenant God made with the Jews.

If you DO this or DON'T DO that sort of thing...

I would remind us:

Ephesians 2:8–10 (AV)
8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.
10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

1 Corinthians 6:12–20 (AV)
12 All things are lawful unto me, but all things are not expedient: all things are lawful for me, but I will not be brought under the power of any.
13 Meats for the belly, and the belly for meats: but God shall destroy both it and them. Now the body is not for fornication, but for the Lord; and the Lord for the body.
14 And God hath both raised up the Lord, and will also raise up us by his own power.
15 Know ye not that your bodies are the members of Christ? shall I then take the members of Christ, and make them the members of an harlot? God forbid.
16 What? know ye not that he which is joined to an harlot is one body? for two, saith he, shall be one flesh.
17 But he that is joined unto the Lord is one spirit.
18 Flee fornication. Every sin that a man doeth is without the body; but he that committeth fornication sinneth against his own body.
19 What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?
20 For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God’s.

Romans 3 (AV)
1 What advantage then hath the Jew? or what profit is there of circumcision?
2 Much every way: chiefly, because that unto them were committed the oracles of God.
3 For what if some did not believe? shall their unbelief make the faith of God without effect?
4 God forbid: yea, let God be true, but every man a liar; as it is written, That thou mightest be justified in thy sayings, and mightest overcome when thou art judged.
5 But if our unrighteousness commend the righteousness of God, what shall we say? Is God unrighteous who taketh vengeance? (I speak as a man)
6 God forbid: for then how shall God judge the world?
7 For if the truth of God hath more abounded through my lie unto his glory; why yet am I also judged as a sinner?
8 And not rather, (as we be slanderously reported, and as some affirm that we say,) Let us do evil, that good may come? whose damnation is just.
9 What then? are we better than they? No, in no wise: for we have before proved both Jews and Gentiles, that they are all under sin;

10 As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:
11 There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God.
12 They are all gone out of the way, they are together become unprofitable; there is none that doeth good, no, not one.
13 Their throat is an open sepulchre; with their tongues they have used deceit; the poison of asps is under their lips:
14 Whose mouth is full of cursing and bitterness:
15 Their feet are swift to shed blood:
16 Destruction and misery are in their ways:
17 And the way of peace have they not known:
18 There is no fear of God before their eyes.
19 Now we know that what things soever the law saith, it saith to them who are under the law: that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God.
20 Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin.
21 But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets;
22 Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference:
23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;
24 Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:
25 Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;
26 To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus.
27 Where is boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? of works? Nay: but by the law of faith.
28 Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law.
29 Is he the God of the Jews only? is he not also of the Gentiles? Yes, of the Gentiles also:
30 Seeing it is one God, which shall justify the circumcision by faith, and uncircumcision through faith.
31 Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law.

We must strive to be perfect as our Heavenly Father is perfect.  But we are never going to actually be perfect.

We can excuse this in ourselves easily enough. Ah, but when it comes to others... we make glib statements or post photos of signs that pronounce judgment on others at the very least or worse: bring OT Law into NT Grace. 

People people people ours is a RESCUE mission!

How many of those poor people in Vegas did first responders and civilian responders pummel victims with their dogma?

Be sure you believe in and preach the genuine Jesus and then proceed.

God will sort5 out the rest.

John.    what miss muffet brought was a gem.    No one hardly warns at all anymore today.    and if I recall

the word GRAVE was to be in all christains .    WHERE the heck have the grave ones went.

I am wore out with excuse after excuse on why any appearance of grave is wrong.  

You should have leaped for joy at what she brought .  and also reminded all its all about Christ.  

And about compassion too.   But miss muffett did a job , that heck most don't even do anymore.

OR if they do they do it all wrong .  Wrong as in their approach.   I seen some I know who were grave ,but were hateful at the same time.

Like westboro for example.   They even sang songs about gays going to hell.  THAT alone would have let me know their heart is all wrong.

BUT to be very grave is not wrong , its right and tis needful.  ITS JUST THIS...............OUR DESIRE no matter how grave or compassionate we are

SHOULD be the DESIRE for one to be saved.  that is how we know if one is really following CHRIST or not .   DO they truly desire those in error to be saved.

IF they did , they would do SOMETHING about it.  not just sit and hug.  or not just sit and yell.    DO SOMETHING this world and churches are drowning

in delusion and deception of sin and false doctrine.  WE GOTTA DO SOMETHING , IF WE LOVE THEM.  if not just hug and say all is well.    But judged for that all will be who did.

• Thumbs Up 2