Sinbad

Music 🎶 what type is you preferred

Hi I'm a musician and play guitar, banjo and mandilin also a songwriter over the years my taste has changed and now lean towards bluegrass what our your favourite types off music 🎶 

• Thumbs Up 1

Posted (edited)

I really  love music and I studied violin. piano and clarinet in the past 

I have wide tastes but I like classical music the most and after that I like folk, county, rock, pop, jazz, calypso, cabaret, etc. I don't really like most rap, heavy mettle, hip-hop, R&B (with rare exceptions) or most things after 2000. For me, the older the better is the best way to sum it up. 

It's easier for me to identify artists that I like than genres. 

Edited by IainL
  • Thumbs Up 1

I'm indifferent to genres, but I prefer more high energy music. Be it anything from rap, electronic, or metal to orchestra, choir, or acoustic guitar, as long as its got a faster-paced beat or rhythm I'm into it.

• Thumbs Up 1

I like Contemporary Christian; Classic Rock from the '60s, '70s, '80s, '90s, '00s; Country Rock; Light Jazz; Blues; and Soul.  I dislike most Country (Old or New); Rap; Hip-Hop; Punk; and what currently passes for Heavy Metal.  I do like some Classical Music, but not fond of Show Tunes.

• Thumbs Up 1

lets just say that my all around favorite song is In-a-Gadda-De-Vita

• Thumbs Up 1

I also play guitar, more of a flat picker.  Picked up a nice Boulder Creek a couple years back and enjoy playing folk and christian.  As for listening, that depends on what I am doing.

Climbing - nothing but nature

Exercise - techno

Relax - classical or acapella

Worship - guitar or acapella

work - mostly christian, but sometimes folk

• Thumbs Up 1

I grew up with power metal and it remains my favorite genre. 

Early 2010 to now, I've listened to a lot of Early music -- my favorite song is a renaissance piece titled Est hett ein Biedermann ein Weib by Ludwig Senfl, to this day I have no idea what this song is about but the melody is incredible, and it remains my favorite song because of the melodies retention, it's very timeless. 

• Thumbs Up 1