• Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  10,596
  • Content Per Day:  3.70
  • Days Won:  25

Just now, kwikphilly said:

Is that true RG?

Yes, that is true.  

I do not think it is the place of the government to tell a private company/person who they must serve.  

I also think there is nothing in the Constitution that gives the government the right to do so.  

• Group:  Royal Member *
  • Followers:  8

27 minutes ago, Kris said:

I have a question to a problem that is on the horizon. In Australia, the votes for "yes" or "no" to same sex marriage are in, 10 millions votes in total were cast. The result is pending but early polls show a yes vote to be the likely winner. I have 4 young girls at home who I've taught that marriage is only between one male and one female, I've taught them much from scripture, and reiterated that the Bible is God's word and is the whole truth, anything that is in direct conflict with the God's word is wrong. This is how I have raised my children, with truth and love.

When the yes vote succeeds and legislation is written and eventually becomes law, when schools begin to educate my children that marriage between same sex couples is normal, when two male children act out school plays on stage as a couple, when my children begin to question me regarding the issue and I tell them their teachers are wrong, will I be liable and potentially charged for discrimination, bigotry etc?

My girls are strong willed, they know what is right and what is wrong, they will without doubt raise their hand in class and politely inform the teacher that same sex relationships are wrong. I'm anticipating a future call from the school, and a direct confrontation with the department of education when the time comes. 

My children went though much of the same thing.  I found that it is invaluable for them to understand that we believe what we believe based upon our faith in Christ and that not everyone in the country agrees with us and that is ok.   

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  102
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/14/1971

6 minutes ago, kwikphilly said:

stand firm & strong in your Convictions

I intend to.

most of us live in the  USA so we wouldnt be able to comment on how the Australian gov't would approach these things? I doubt there would be any charges filed for someone who lives according to their Faith

Understood and Its something I thought about, just thought perhaps you may have had this issue arise in the states already.

Thanks for your reply anyway Kwik, much appreciated and God Bless!

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  306
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,130
  • Content Per Day:  4.64
  • Days Won:  327

God Bless you too Kris......I'm sure others are likely to have a lot more information regarding these laws than I do.....I do encourage you to begin a Thread on the subject,we have plenty of Brothers & Sisters here that live in Australia too,btw    like my husband,lol               With love-in Christ,Kwik

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  306
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,130
  • Content Per Day:  4.64
  • Days Won:  327

Thanks RG

I do agree that the gov't does not have that right ,However,I strongly disagree that our Anti-Discrimination laws are unreasonable nor do I believe they are unconstitutional in regards to discriminating race/ethnicity    Because of bigotry & prejudice these Laws came into effect in the first place,it seems  the market place did not work that out,right?

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

Thanks RG

I do agree that the gov't does not have that right ,However,I strongly disagree that our Anti-Discrimination laws are unreasonable nor do I believe they are unconstitutional in regards to discriminating race/ethnicity    Because of bigotry & prejudice these Laws came into effect in the first place,it seems  the market place did not work that out,right?

There is nothing in the Constitution that gives the government the right to do so, that makes the action unconstitutional. 

I understand why we had these laws at one time but I believe we have evolved as a nation to where they are not necessary, even if they were constitutional.   Perhaps I am being a Pollyanna here, but I think at this time the market would work it out.

Guest shiloh357
44 minutes ago, Running Gator said:

The Constitution is violated by the government doing something they were not given the power to do by the Constitution.  

The whole point of the Constitution is to limit the power and actions of the government. 

That doesn't answer the question.  The question is, again, which part of the Constitution is violated by anti-discrimination laws.

Guest shiloh357
1 hour ago, ravindran said:

I guess this is what he is referring to

Section 1. All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fourteenth_Amendment_to_the_United_States_Constitution

So, how do anti-Discrimination laws deprive business owners of life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness?

Just now, shiloh357 said:

That doesn't answer the question.  The question is, again, which part of the Constitution is violated by anti-discrimination laws.

The 10th Amendment for one.  The powers not delegated by the Constitution are reserved for the people.

Why do not answer my question, what part of the Constitution gives them the right to enforce anti-discrimination laws on private citizens.

2 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

So, how do anti-Discrimination laws deprive business owners of life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness?

you are taking away their liberty to run their business as they choose.