Justin Adams

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,602
  • Content Per Day:  4.02
  • Days Won:  21

Greetings. May the Lord Yeshua Bless you and Keep you and cause His Countenance to Shine upon you.

We Christians will have to buckle down to some individual and personal study to show ourselves approved. Even the mainline 'acceptable' denominations have tilted just a bit. I recall Paul Harvey, before his death ('the rest of the story') said that the seminary he was familiar with years and years ago was vastly different today than when he first studied it.

Little by little the adversary erodes Christian values and beliefs. Many think it is those of us that read and study in-depth extra-canonical books that are the heralds of the 'apostasy', the 'falling away'. They call us 'heretics' and 'falsifiers of truth' and 'un-Christian'. They appear to be fueled by uncertainty, so they respond with less decorum or kindness than one might expect.

It is quite the opposite I would venture to declare. We are all seeking truth in very hazardous times; but times with unprecedented access to information. Yes, information that may be laced with poison. This I am well aware of. And so is our Lord God. The Holy Spirit is still HOLY, and quite able to talk to anyone that is willing to listen. We ought to be as harmless as doves, and as wise as serpents.

Do any have the right to be an inquisitor? We sometimes look down on our brothers and sister for not following the party line. We are quick to judge another Person's servant. But do we ever actually read and study what we are so vehemently opposed to? Or do we do a quick web search for that which will most aptly vilify our 'opponent' and gain us brownie points with our buddies?

We know who the 'big names' are in popular TV evangelism and the internet. I am not saying that they are all suspect, yet it is of vital importance that we individually study for ourselves. Our pastor may not be on the ball. Our friends may not have it quite right. The spirit that burned Cranmer in Oxford is still around inciting people against those who dare to look for themselves and perhaps disagree with the establishment. Read about Cranmer if you will.

The cross marks the spot in Oxford, UK. Cranmer burnt here. March 21, 1556.

20150421_130802.jpg

If we are a part of a crowd-belief system, then it is important that we study for ourselves as well. We must take great care.

Someone once said:
Take the average IQ of the crowd, then divide that av. IQ number by the crowd number. The resultant is the IQ of an earthworm!

• Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,130
  • Content Per Day:  3.50
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

5 hours ago, Justin Adams said:

It is quite the opposite I would venture to declare. We are all seeking truth in very hazardous times; but times with unprecedented access to information. Yes, information that may be laced with poison. This I am well aware of. And so is our Lord God. The Holy Spirit is still HOLY, and quite able to talk to anyone that is willing to listen. We ought to be as harmless as doves, and as wise as serpents.

Hi Justin,

So appreciated your post. I highlighted the part of our Lord being quite aware of what is happening. So pleased to see that you believe that the Holy Spirit is quite able to talk to anyone willing to listen. I think in the coming days as great catastrophes are coming on the earth & people`s hearts are `failing for fear...` it will be a wonderful opportunity to help others.

Also, as others learn truths it can quickly and easily be spread from friend to others around the globe via the internet. Exciting times indeed.

The `harmless as doves & wise as serpents,` is so important, as you pointed out, for our attitude, our hearts need not to be overcome but steadied on the Lord.

regards, Marilyn.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,602
  • Content Per Day:  4.02
  • Days Won:  21

Thanks people.

Just read in The Times about Tim Peake's amazing trip to the space station. He describes the wonders of our beautiful earth and his experiences. So much for 'flat-earthers'.

I know they will argue the NASA paid them off, and it is all a conspiracy. But really? NASA paying off The Times. I do not think so!

Nothing that man ever says can detract from the Glory of God and His Creation.

• Thumbs Up 1