• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  42
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  138
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/09/1965

OK I failed in taking my own life however 2 days in decompression. Chamber due to the bends I lost a lot off memory Apparently I used to be a preacher before Iwas a back slider however I know now I'm searching for spiritual inspiration don't know how I came to this site lovely and genuine people sad to say I don't know how to change from backslider to Christian 

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  422
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0

So what's a good way to get spiritually inspired?  For me, the best option is to read articles and books about people that have followed Jesus and what happened.   It doesn't really matter if it's fiction or non-fiction, actually.  I think reading the story, getting involved in the plot, and seeing what those people did makes me look at myself and ask why I can't do the same.  

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  24
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Content Count:  1,459
  • Content Per Day:  0.60
  • Days Won:  2

Hang in there brother.   God's still working on you.   I don't think any of us grow spiritually as fast as we would like.  The main thing is hanging in there and letting God help us grow.

One thing that is a challenge (for most of us) is getting into long term habits that are spiritually healthy that help us grow.   About the only practical advice I can think of is to figure out what works for you spiritually.  For some people, praying in the morning when they wake up works, for others it's at night before bed, for others it might be at different times during the day.  The same goes for bible reading.  For some it works better in morning or for others at night.  Some people read a single passage or verse and think and pray about it.  Others might read a number of chapters at once.  We also have different needs with respect to having Christian friends and people we hang around with.  There've been times in my life where my local church was it, at other times a small group, for a period of about 6 months it was an online forum.   It's what each of us individually needs to do at a given time that is best for us.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  2,366
  • Content Per Day:  0.78
  • Days Won:  9

On 10/8/2017 at 5:02 PM, Sinbad said:

OK I failed in taking my own life however 2 days in decompression. Chamber due to the bends I lost a lot off memory Apparently I used to be a preacher before Iwas a back slider however I know now I'm searching for spiritual inspiration don't know how I came to this site lovely and genuine people sad to say I don't know how to change from backslider to Christian 

I'll pray for you to be forgiven and for the Lord to grant you repentance. mostly humble yourself and have a talk with the Lord. renew you mind in the word. gospel of John is a good place to start walking with the Lord in a new spirit. talk to the Lord about what you read and ask him for the things in humility you can see you need from Him.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  86
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  6,858
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  11/10/1986

Praying for you. And I'd start there. Do you genuinely desire God and His will? Ask Him! He will be more than delighted to answer that prayer. Ask Him to change your heart and mind to one that seeks His will first, and that truly loves and desires to obey Him.

• Thumbs Up 1