creativemechanic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  414
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  1,273
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Days Won:  0

im starting my own  christian comic series about biblical parallels or the way stuff in the bible mirrors how people live today. any comments .What d you think of the point in this one?

Slide1.JPG

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,602
  • Content Per Day:  4.02
  • Days Won:  21

Good idea!

Maybe: they stole my parking spot, that's why I go to church early - but don't tell anyone because they all think I am super spiritual.

If you have heard of Spooner, here are a few of his.

Many other quotations, "probable and improbable, were invented"[1] and attributed to Spooner, including:

• "It is kisstomary to cuss the bride" (...customary to kiss the bride)[1]
  • "I am tired of addressing beery wenches" (weary benches)[1]
  • "Mardon me padam, this pie is occupewed.[1] Can I sew you to another sheet?" (Pardon me, madam, this pew is occupied. Can I show you to another seat?)
  • "You have hissed all my mystery lectures, and were caught fighting a liar in the quad. Having tasted two worms, you will leave by the next town drain" (You have missed all my history lectures, and were caught lighting a fire in the quad. Having wasted two terms, you will leave by the next down train)[1]

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  940
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,412
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

1 hour ago, creativemechanic said:

im starting my own  christian comic series about biblical parallels or the way stuff in the bible mirrors how people live today. any comments .What d you think of the point in this one?

Slide1.JPG

I'm kind of a tombstone guy myself.

Give me the word of God the Bible or reasoned text on  commentary about the Bible and my mind will form the pictures.

Cartoons? Not so much.

Only a cartoonist could really believe a picture is worth a thousand words.  It is truer that a thousand pictures is not worth a single word, except maybe augh! 

Sorry, just not a fan at all of the idea of reducing God's guidance and command to a cartoon. He created us with brains capable of so much more than fight or flight reactions, and quick quips and stick drawings. He produced reasoning  in us, told us of prayer to Him, and gave us His Word for our illumination.

There is no good substitute for study and prayer, reading and applying, the word of God. Cartoons? Nope, not a good thing at all, sorry.

Further; I find it  rather degrading to me for someone to  think that I need to have little picture stories in place of the real word of God. It is as though the drawer must  believe themself the only one capable of understanding words, and therefore they must draw little stick pictures for me.  Well that is rather brutal. Sorry, it is also my straight up impression for which I believe you have asked.

Perhaps others many others will see it quite differently and be an encouragement to do more of the same. I just am not one of them I guess.  

PS - Perhaps even a brutal word will enlighten  at some level and be a challenge to overcome the critique put so very bluntly. On this one I find no good talent within me to express it any other way. Perhaps if I could draw it out- Nope, afraid  that  drawing would be banned, and would not be good personal testimony either.

Edited by Neighbor

7 hours ago, Yowm said:

I may be a little dense but the only parallel I see is that both show animosity to a convicting question. Is there more I’m missing?

exactly, people have always dont that. Also  they give silly excuses to oppose christians and christianity

2 minutes ago, Yowm said:

LOL, and here I thought there was may be a hidden parallel between demons (1st) and pastors(2nd).

HUH?????

7 hours ago, Neighbor said:

I'm kind of a tombstone guy myself.

Give me the word of God the Bible or reasoned text on  commentary about the Bible and my mind will form the pictures.

Cartoons? Not so much.

Only a cartoonist could really believe a picture is worth a thousand words.  It is truer that a thousand pictures is not worth a single word, except maybe augh! 

Sorry, just not a fan at all of the idea of reducing God's guidance and command to a cartoon. He created us with brains capable of so much more than fight or flight reactions, and quick quips and stick drawings. He produced reasoning  in us, told us of prayer to Him, and gave us His Word for our illumination.

There is no good substitute for study and prayer, reading and applying, the word of God. Cartoons? Nope, not a good thing at all, sorry.

Further; I find it  rather degrading to me for someone to  think that I need to have little picture stories in place of the real word of God. It is as though the drawer must  believe themself the only one capable of understanding words, and therefore they must draw little stick pictures for me.  Well that is rather brutal. Sorry, it is also my straight up impression for which I believe you have asked.

Perhaps others many others will see it quite differently and be an encouragement to do more of the same. I just am not one of them I guess.  

PS - Perhaps even a brutal word will enlighten  at some level and be a challenge to overcome the critique put so very bluntly. On this one I find no good talent within me to express it any other way. Perhaps if I could draw it out- Nope, afraid  that  drawing would be banned, and would not be good personal testimony either.

????????? well... different strokes for different folks then.

• Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,204
  • Content Per Day:  3.35
  • Days Won:  30

1 hour ago, creativemechanic said:

exactly, people have always dont that. Also  they give silly excuses to oppose christians and christianity

My neighbor's answer to would she like to receive Christ was that she would have to ask her husband when he got home!  I wasn't selling vacuums, I was asking her where she wanted to spend eternity!

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  940
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,412
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

15 hours ago, creativemechanic said:

????????? well... different strokes for different folks then.

MY apology to you creativemechanic. I had not realized how  'brutal" my post had read (even to me today). It surprised me today. While  I shared accurately an impression on most cartoons that express what I think of as negative messages my tone is unacceptable to me.

Perhaps my dislike of the anti Arab cartoons posted in another resource that I do otherwise enjoy affects my thinking. I find that monthly Christian ministry's anti Arab as a race cartoons offensive and damaging to the cause of Christ from my own perspective.

ON THE OTHER HAND there is the absolutely wonderful use of cartoon in a comic strip used by Dr. David Reagan's Ministry Lamb and Lion that tells the gospel of Jesus. It has become a very popular tool at women's prisons  at America. And why? Because the visuals  do convey the message of the gospel in an interesting manner to a group of individuals that in general have very limited reading skills. Plus they lack the time to hear literally hear the word of God being presented. So the book a comic book does work to encourage some ot come to Jesus as Lord God and Shepherd.

With that in mind I should encourage such efforts by as many as will do so!

I guess if I am to reconsider and yet still have a critique of any kind, I will suggest a third panel at least, one with the positive solution to  the problem or situation being drawn by an artist expressing their own  mind's eye. And perhaps even a fourth panel that always signs off with the love of Christ to the reader/viewer.

Again sorry for the tone of my first critique, it is not especially productive nor Christ like.

Edited by Neighbor

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,573
  • Content Per Day:  0.52

On 10/9/2017 at 8:52 AM, creativemechanic said:

Slide1.JPG

You drew that? That's pretty good.