• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

25 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

Let me tell you a story why I do not think placing tape on a child's mouth is funny  but actually abusive Sojourner:

When I was in first grade I had an old cantankerous teacher. I was talking to a child who was my friend sitting next to me. She did not like that. She taped my mouth and made me wear it all day long. She made me wear it home on the bus and told the bus driver that I was not to take the tape off of my mouth until I got off of the bus.

Had I been your mother that school would have gotten a not very nice phone call from me! :exclaimation:

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.83
  • Days Won:  226

8 minutes ago, LadyKay said:

Had I been your mother that school would have gotten a not very nice phone call from me! :exclaimation:

My father marched right up to the Principles office. He called in the teacher Mrs. Southon. She told the principle and my father " If she talks in class again I will put tape on her mouth again. Those were different times Lady. That was a long, long time ago. If it were to happen today she would have been sued and it could even be in the newspaper. But I have dealt with it and the Lord knows what she did to me. She will not get away with it. But I will never ever forget it.

Romans 12:19 19 Beloved, do not avenge yourselves, but rather give place to wrath; for it is written, “Vengeance is Mine, I will repay,”[a] says the Lord.

I think that a parent needs to tell an older child when they can understand what their expectations for them would be in Church. They would tell them if they do not meet those expectations they would not be allowed to remain in the Church service. I think it is appropriate to bring some paper, pencils or a coloring book or something for the child to do while the service is taking place. They will get teaching of the Lord in Sunday School on their level. A very small baby there is not a lot you can do but remove the child.

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  165
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  1.57
  • Days Won:  15

I think anyone who gives a glare over noisy children in church should consider Jesus' own words, "Jesus said, "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these," (Matthew 19:14), "Truly I tell you," He said, "unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven," (Matthew 18:3), "Truly I tell you, whoever does not receive the kingdom of God like a little child will never enter it," (Mark 10:15), and, "Truly I tell you, if anyone does not receive the kingdom of God like a little child, he will never enter it." (Luke 18:17). 

Another thought, young children are next generation and if you alienate, shame, and make them feel unwelcomed and like nuisance in church, why should you be surprised they seek solace in the world, and join gangs, and other groups that are antithetical to the church. Finally, if you shun the children or make them feel unwelcome, you are actually destroying future of your ministry. 

Edited by Fidei Defensor
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Brilliant! 1

1 minute ago, Fidei Defensor said:

I think anyone who gives a glare over noisy children in church should consider Jesus' own words, "Jesus said, "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these," (Matthew 19:14), "Truly I tell you," He said, "unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven," (Matthew 18:3), "Truly I tell you, whoever does not receive the kingdom of God like a little child will never enter it," (Mark 10:15), and, "Truly I tell you, if anyone does not receive the kingdom of God like a little child, he will never enter it." (Luke 18:17). 

Another thought, young children are next generation and if you alienate, shame, and make them feel unwelcomed and like nuisance in church, why should you be surprised they seek solace in the world, and join gangs, and other groups that are antithetical to the church. 

But a child needs to learn what is right and what is wrong. That is a parent's job. A child needs to learn how to behave according to where they are. It would be different in a Church or a Library vs. a child's play house or a park.

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  165
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  1.57
  • Days Won:  15

9 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

But a child needs to learn what is right and what is wrong. That is a parent's job. A child needs to learn how to behave according to where they are. It would be different in a Church or a Library vs. a child's play house or a park.

I am glad you brought this up, yes Children need to learn respect and to care about others; but how do they learn this in world? If we the Church do not instruct children, and just give them pictures to paint with watercolors on Sundays, while world teaches them five days a week, can we be surprised they have such disrespect having learned Humanism (the I religion of Satan, Isaiah 14:1-17), and other erroneous teachings? 

Sure children should learn to behave, but how can they when their mentors are malevolent forces in school curriculum and entertainment? 

I say that half of battle here is that children are raised by antichrist people and ideologies through their entertainment, and then on Sunday they are shelved in a 500sq feet room to color a picture of Peter or fishes. This is not discipleship. "Brothers and sisters, we urge you to warn those who are lazy. Encourage those who are timid. Take tender care of those who are weak. Be patient with everyone." (1 Thessalonians 5:14). 

16 minutes ago, Fidei Defensor said:

I am glad you brought this up, yes Children need to learn respect and to care about others; but how do they learn this in world? If we the Church do not instruct children, and just give them pictures to paint with watercolors on Sundays, while world teaches them five days a week, can we be surprised they have such disrespect having learned Humanism (the I religion of Satan, Isaiah 14:1-17), and other erroneous teachings? 

Sure children should learn to behave, but how can they when their mentors are malevolent forces in school curriculum and entertainment? 

I say that half of battle here is that children are raised by antichrist people and ideologies through their entertainment, and then on Sunday they are shelved in a 500sq feet room to color a picture of Peter or fishes. This is not discipleship. "Brothers and sisters, we urge you to warn those who are lazy. Encourage those who are timid. Take tender care of those who are weak. Be patient with everyone." (1 Thessalonians 5:14). 

If a parent really loves their children they will give them instructions on how to behave and have respect for others. I do not know if that is such a common concept today. I have gone to the grocery store before and some kids act like they have been brought up by a pack of wolves. We bring our children up with the love of the Lord and we teach them who God is and we tell them how much He loves them and we read Bible stories to them. They need a good basic understanding of what a Christian is.

2ef222fa4e19dd9678b0c7e83501f16c.jpg

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  33
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  813
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Days Won:  1

8 hours ago, LadyKay said:

I will tell you what I think. Then you all can tell me what you think. I do not think that people should flash dirty looks at parents who have noise children in church. This makes the parents feel like they are not welcome. And that they should just leave and maybe not come back, if they do not have anyone to take care of the children.  I think that noise children should be ignored. Or one should try as much as they can do ignore it. In the less they should not be flashing dirty looks  at the parents. Anyway that I what I think. 

After going through most of the replies here, i am left speechless. Anyway,this is what i would do and had done when parents struggle with noisy children or crying babies. I would not even look or glare at the parents, except once to make sure if nothing out of the ordinary is happening. I would still bear in mind that these are little children and not all children are alike. They aren't robots to be expected to behave the same way as other "more disciplined, silent children". If one would expect a toddler or little ones to sit quietly for 30 to 40 minutes, "listening" to the pastor giving his sermons when they are at the age of exploring and figuring out the new world before them, i think he or she seriously needs to examine his or her own childhood years. I could say more actually because less we forget we have also in the midst of us, children who are autistic, down syndrom, developmental delays, short attention span etc where "disciplining" could harm them more than good. And to actually equate parents with noisy children as "lacking parenting skills" is baffling. Not all young children would be content with nurseries, some adapt, some do not. Older children of course would adapt better in Sunday Schools (if there are any) but again, not ALL children are the same. To expect young children to not behave like children is depriving them. I grew up with Asian parenting, "spare the rod, spoil the child". There are of course pros and cons here. Too much "disciplining" has adverse affects, no "discipline" at all is destructive. I think first and foremost, church going christians should ask themselves..."why are we even bothered going to church every Sunday etc in the first place, when we can't even put up with noisy children, which our beloved Lord has not hindered them to come to Him.... noisy or not... One can never imagine that they came to Him "all disciplined like soldiers". One can only imagine these kids were running, giggling and pushing each other as they approach the One, who "rebuked the wind and said to the waves, “Quiet! Be still!”. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,453
  • Content Per Day:  0.53
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  09/23/1991

39 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

If a parent really loves their children they will give them instructions on how to behave and have respect for others. I do not know if that is such a common concept today.

OK, they're still children... And even us as adults do not follow the rules perfectly 100% of the time. Of course, when we're adults we do not act like children anymore but we still have our bad moments.

I tell you this because I already was a child, and for some reason, sometimes I chose to rebel and decided to do what I should not... Sometimes in fury, not getting attention, etc.

I believe it is not as simple as that, children will misbehave sometimes. Considering that all children who do that lack instructions is not accurate in my opinion.

A good example: God gave us instructions for us to follow, but are we following them perfectly all the time?!

• Thumbs Up 1

25 minutes ago, Eastern Star said:

After going through most of the replies here, i am left speechless. Anyway,this is what i would do and had done when parents struggle with noisy children or crying babies. I would not even look or glare at the parents, except once to make sure if nothing out of the ordinary is happening. I would still bear in mind that these are little children and not all children are alike. They aren't robots to be expected to behave the same way as other "more disciplined, silent children". If one would expect a toddler or little ones to sit quietly for 30 to 40 minutes, "listening" to the pastor giving his sermons when they are at the age of exploring and figuring out the new world before them, i think he or she seriously needs to examine his or her own childhood years. I could say more actually because less we forget we have also in the midst of us, children who are autistic, down syndrom, developmental delays, short attention span etc where "disciplining" could harm them more than good. And to actually equate parents with noisy children as "lacking parenting skills" is baffling. Not all young children would be content with nurseries, some adapt, some do not. Older children of course would adapt better in Sunday Schools (if there are any) but again, not ALL children are the same. To expect young children to not behave like children is depriving them. I grew up with Asian parenting, "spare the rod, spoil the child". There are of course pros and cons here. Too much "disciplining" has adverse affects, no "discipline" at all is destructive. I think first and foremost, church going christians should ask themselves..."why are we even bothered going to church every Sunday etc in the first place, when we can't even put up with noisy children, which our beloved Lord has not hindered them to come to Him.... noisy or not... One can never imagine that they came to Him "all disciplined like soldiers". One can only imagine these kids were running, giggling and pushing each other as they approach the One, who "rebuked the wind and said to the waves, “Quiet! Be still!”. 

What is giving the parents a dirty look going to do other than make you angry?