• Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  266
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,181
  • Content Per Day:  3.50
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

6 minutes ago, SisterActs2 said:

One further thing:  I remember way back when my friend and I were very young Christians.  She was married to someone who was a born-again believer but was still working through his problems.  She told me she had prayed to the Lord, asking Him to change her husband.  He apparently answered her along the lines of "you change and I will change him".

I agree with Marilyn C as well.  I think she thought more thoroughly about the fb rants than I did.  Champion! God teaches us every day.

Hi SisterActs2,

You are so right. I woke up this morning singing -

`Change my hear oh Lord, Make it ever new,

Change my heart oh Lord, may I be like You.

You are the Potter, I am the clay,

Mould me & make me, this is what I pray....(Change my heart.....)

And why would we think the world, in the sway of the evil one, would get any better, ...only worse. No surprises.

God bless, Marilyn. 

• Brilliant! 1
  • Thanks 1

Guest shiloh357

I can't imagine anyone making a better sandwich than me. My wife (if I had one) would not make my sandwiches. I would make them myself as I alone know what a sandwich should be.  :P

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.83
  • Days Won:  226

30 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

I can't imagine anyone making a better sandwich than me. My wife (if I had one) would not make my sandwiches. I would make them myself as I alone know what a sandwich should be:P

One reason why you are still single :)

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  950
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,525
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

On 10/9/2017 at 11:14 PM, Omegaman 3.0 said:

An Australian mother asked a FaceBook group of 26,186 mothers:

“I would love to hear what other mums make their hubbies for lunch and snacks throughout the work day,” she posted on Tuesday. “We are getting over sandwiches.”

Some of these helpful ladies, offered their ideas:

• “Your husband is a grown up and you’re not his mother”
  • “My husband can make his own damn lunch.”
  • “I make my husband the same thing he makes me. Nothing!!”
  • “Stuff that, hubby is a grown man. I already do his laundry and keep his children alive.”
  • “Our advice is to stop making his lunches.”
  • “My role is childcare during working hours and that’s it.”
  • “He’s lucky if I decide to make dinner some nights”.
  • “I was married for twenty years and my favourite packed lunch for my husband was called a Get it Yourself with a side order of I’m not your mother.”
  • one mother of a toddler recounting her horror at finding out she was pregnant with a boy: “I felt sick at the thought of something male growing inside me.”

The woman who was seeking lunch ideas said:

She and her husband are saving up to buy their first home and, “he works in an extremely physically demanding job, he does housework, he cooks dinner every second night... He gets up in the middle of the night with our Bub. He is a champion.

“The least I can do is make him a bloody sandwich. I love my man, he deserves to eat lunch and we can’t afford to eat out.”

Exerpts are from an article you can read in it's entirely here:
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/rendezview/when-making-a-sandwich-is-a-crime-against-feminism/news-story/966a541e2e1ffe7bd5f13047d483ef51

From real life adventures:

My spouse always made me a lunch, except when I knew I was going out to eat, which wasn't usually known ahead of time. There would be five guys trying to eat a hurried lunch between  helping client families. Each day I would put out my lunch  till one day  my elbow neighbor  tried to set me up  with the other guys for a razing. He said; Geesh, does your poor slave wife have to peel your oranges for you like that every day? The others joined in,  and I responded; Oranges have peels? To which he added; And does she peel the skin  off your grapes too? I responded; Why would grapes have skins?

My wife made terrific lunches designed  knowing I often had just a few moments to eat them. Occasionally  I could not get time to eat at all. I once told her the chicken sandwich sure tasted salvey would she change brands for future refence? She said, Chicken? I haven't fixed you chicken  all this week. I fixed you tuna, but that was days ago, didn't you eat it? 

-Oh oh, and I then knew the reason for my stomach distress.

I always disliked tuna too for I had to use a lot of breath stuff afterward in order to  meet with families. Tuna and Binaca, yum yum.

Edited by Neighbor
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  65
  • Topic Count:  105
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,568
  • Content Per Day:  1.39
  • Days Won:  7

3 hours ago, Neighbor said:

From real life adventures:

My spouse always made me a lunch, except when I knew I was going out to eat, which wasn't usually known ahead of time. There would be five guys trying to eat a hurried lunch between  helping client families. Each day I would put out my lunch  till one day  my elbow neighbor  tried to set me up  with the other guys for a razing. He said; Geesh, does your poor slave wife have to peel your oranges for you like that every day? The others joined in,  and I responded; Oranges have peels? To which he added; And does she peel the skin  off your grapes too? I responded; Why would grapes have skins?

My wife made terrific lunches designed  knowing I often had just a few moments to eat them. Occasionally  I could not get time to eat at all. I once told her the chicken sandwich sure tasted salvey would she change brands for future refence? She said, Chicken? I haven't fixed you chicken  all this week. I fixed you tuna, but that was days ago, didn't you eat it? 

-Oh oh, and I then knew the reason for my stomach distress.

I always disliked tuna too for I had to use a lot of breath stuff afterward in order to  meet with families. Tuna and Binaca, yum yum.

Thanks for sharing Neighbor. :) 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,242
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

As a kid, I ate a sliced bologna on day old bread with mustard and a banana or apple every day at school. Every day! Tuna on Friday. (seven of us kids)  My Mexican friends in school would not trade even one of their tacos for the bologna. Since school days, I have never eaten bologna again, unless fried crisp (burnt) with cheese and tomatoes and onions and  mayonnaise, and never mustard. Being a carpenter all my life, I lived fifty years  on construction job sites, brown bagging. After marriage my wife made my lunches, (Thank You Jesus!) most all the time. And it was like having her speak to me through her small oasis of home in that little brown bag of goodies, for my thirty minuets of rest and quiet. And she liked to leave love notes. Sometimes I missed them, hidden somewhere in the bag. So she would put them in the sandwich. I sometimes missed them also. (Hard to explain to a group of old carpenters why I sometimes pull a slip of paper out of a mouth full of food) Since discovering the playmate cooler many years back, I looked forward to lunch with curiosity, since now I would get just about anything, from thermos hot stew, to bowls of fresh fruit. And my favorite, leftovers. Salt and pepper, napkins, jalapenos, Soda and cold water, main meal, fruit and usually a mint or candy. (occasional note still).  I really believe that getting those cool tasty  lunches daily, the reminder of her thoughtfulness and love, contributed greatly to our forty six years of marriage.  For sure.
I was on face book when it came out for one day, as required to join to view pictures sent by my cousin. When I discovered the software went into my PC and found my contacts (friends) and sent my email address to them, I decided there is something a little too invasive with this new club of crazies, and unsubscribed. I do have business friends who say it is a necessary evil to conduct their businesses, the modern way of advertising.  I wouldn't know. But what I see and (hear) is it creates a sense of heard instinct. The crowd, the pack, the mob mentality.  People change when they want to be included in the conversation, the pack,  and with it, their morals often, and their individuality. No, not all, but most. Like some forums. Someone makes a comment, the next one has to top it, and pretty soon it's no holds bared, anything goes.  What would have happened if the first couple of res ponders had posted their praise for the wife for her wisdom in being careful with their income and saving for the future, and shared ways to make their own lunches more appetizing,  more personal, as a loving spouse who appreciates her hardworking man? And the direction gravitated towards more on how each individual showed her love in helping her life-mate through the daily struggles of life?  A soft answer.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1
  • Loved it! 1
  • Brilliant! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  138
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  1,214
  • Content Per Day:  0.50
  • Days Won:  0

the mystery of a successful and happy marriage

some people can do all the right things and their marriage can still falls apart

others follows the philosophy of feminism and their marriage turns out great.....

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  138
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  1,214
  • Content Per Day:  0.50

On 10/10/2017 at 4:14 PM, Omegaman 3.0 said:

• one mother of a toddler recounting her horror at finding out she was pregnant with a boy: “I felt sick at the thought of something male growing inside me.”

pray for the woman who made the comment....

i wonder  if the woman made this comment did so because of other issues besides being influenced by the feminists' philosophy?

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  414
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  1,273
  • Content Per Day:  0.36

This is stupid. It she's happy doing something for her husband then what's the problem. I wonder how many of those women are happily married