Fidei Defensor

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  165
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  1.57
  • Days Won:  15

The Anglican Church was born when the Pope refused to give Henry VIII an annulment to his marriage to Catherine of Aragon (his first wife) and concede to let Him marry Ann Boleyn. Henry not to be denied his desire, agreed to create a new church, one the monarchy (that is him) would be head of instead of Pontiff (Pope). Thus the English Church and Reformation was born. While the Reformation in Germany was started by Monk named Martin Luther and 95 Thesis, the English Church was born by one man's lust and 95 impatient days. 

Since Henry, the Anglican Church has been a middle way between Radical Protestantism and Roman Catholicism. Many Anglican Churches vary from being convervative and almost Lutheran and Evangelical to being more liberal and Catholic in liturgy. 

Anglican-Church-Zanzibar_art.jpg

header8.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  207
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

:emot-heartbeat:

And he is the head of the body, the church, who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he may hold the primacy: Colossians 1:18 (Douay-Rheims Bible)

:emot-heartbeat:

• 4 months later...

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,228
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

I haven't found any Anglican churches that are evangelical in character.  The trend seems to be to chuck the Bible and even the 39 Articles.  They don't care so much about what you believe as long as you adhere to the ritual.  My hope is that I am wrong.  The Episcopal has followed the lead of the Church of England in ordaining gays and lesbians to the clergy.  This breaks my heart.  We need to pray for revival in that church.  I am encouraged when I see so many joining Worthy from countries that are predominantly Anglican.  God has a remnant.

• This is Worthy 1

• 5 months later...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  165
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  1.57
  • Days Won:  15

On 2/16/2018 at 8:13 PM, Willa said:

I haven't found any Anglican churches that are evangelical in character.  The trend seems to be to chuck the Bible and even the 39 Articles.  They don't care so much about what you believe as long as you adhere to the ritual.  My hope is that I am wrong.  The Episcopal has followed the lead of the Church of England in ordaining gays and lesbians to the clergy.  This breaks my heart.  We need to pray for revival in that church.  I am encouraged when I see so many joining Worthy from countries that are predominantly Anglican.  God has a remnant.

The Anglican Church is split on these concessions to the world as is The Lutheran and Presybeterian Churches. All of them have schismed into progressive-rainbow-liberal churches and traditional-bible-conservative churches. 

I like what you’ve said. There is remnant in all churches. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1