• Followers:  65
  • Topic Count:  105
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,568
  • Content Per Day:  1.39
  • Days Won:  7

18 hours ago, FresnoJoe said:

Some Folk Easily Take Offense

For you have been called for this purpose, since Christ also suffered for you, leaving you an example for you to follow in His steps, WHO COMMITTED NO SIN, NOR WAS ANY DECEIT FOUND IN HIS MOUTH; and while being reviled, He did not revile in return; while suffering, He uttered no threats, but kept entrusting Himself to Him who judges righteously; 1 Peter 2:21-23 (New American Standard Bible)

Others, Not So Much

:emot-heartbeat:

Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful;it does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.

Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful;it does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. 1 Corinthians 13:4-7 (English Standard Version)

Beloved, What Do You Think?

Very good FresnoJoe. This is the second time today I have gone back to 1 Corinthians 13 and been given the chance to review what love is and can be. 

I think for me, the goal is to develop the patience and kindness in dealing with others, and not being rude, arrogant or selfish. 

Blessings :) 

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  475
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,556
  • Content Per Day:  2.29
  • Days Won:  9

Love endured all things. That's helpful. I need that.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Royal Member

9 hours ago, Wayne222 said:

Love endured all things. That's helpful. I need that.

Hi Wayne, Its amazing how sometimes just one phrase stands out. 

This morning I have one line of a song going over in my mind.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  475
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,556
  • Content Per Day:  2.29
  • Days Won:  9

11 hours ago, Annette said:

Hi Wayne, Its amazing how sometimes just one phrase stands out. 

This morning I have one line of a song going over in my mind.

Hi Annette i am sure that one line was inspiring. It fills us with God's spirit.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  950
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,524
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

On 10/10/2017 at 7:55 PM, Annette said:

Very good FresnoJoe. This is the second time today I have gone back to 1 Corinthians 13 and been given the chance to review what love is and can be. 

I think for me, the goal is to develop the patience and kindness in dealing with others, and not being rude, arrogant or selfish. 

First, Hi! Great to see your name attached to a thread.

As to the subject, if I am to connect the two thoughts, I have to then conclude that the easily offended have little love within them.

But is that so much the case? Or is it that they  are so often beaten down that they  become ever unsure of themselves and defensive?

Perhaps much work is at hand for the saint that knows such a person  in order to help them gain the confidence to  not concern themselves so much about what people say or do, and to not think any of it to be personally directed at them, especially when it is not.

Edited by Neighbor
  • Thumbs Up 2

14 hours ago, Neighbor said:

First, Hi! Great to see your name attached to a thread.

As to the subject, if I am to connect the two thoughts, I have to then conclude that the easily offended have little love within them.

But is that so much the case? Or is it that they  are so often beaten down that they  become ever unsure of themselves and defensive?

Perhaps much work is at hand for the saint that knows such a person  in order to help them gain the confidence to  not concern themselves so much about what people say or do, and to not think any of it to be personally directed at them, especially when it is not.

Hi Neighbor,

Thanks for taking the time to read and respond. It did give me a chance to rethink my response. 

A good question. Trying to live up to what love is in 1 Corinthians 13 is kind of like trying to live like the Proverbs 31 wife! There are some who are so much better at applying the lesson than others.:vacuum: 

I do think that our personal experience can impact how we respond or react.  And sometimes it is past hurt/s that have an impact on us.

I have had to learn that sometimes even when something is directed at you, that it may require making a decision not to allow oneself to be upset by the situation. 

Earlier this year, I returned a teaching CD set. I found out months later, that me returning it, had caused a problem. And this story was told to my mother in law, who in turn told my husband, who then had to come and verify the story. I could have gone in to try and defend my actions, but instead chose to leave it.  There are some people who are just always looking out for the wrong in what others do. 

It is still very much a learning process for me, in taking time to think about how to respond to a situation.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  950
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,524
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

Oops!!!!  I am such a clutz at times!

I'll blame it on my swiss cheese vision that affects  up close  sight, reading especially. I have to be more careful. It is quite hard at times to know what one does not fully see when up close. I think it is there on a page, but it may not be. 

I thought I was responding to Fresno Joe when I stated it is great to see your name. It was and is good to see that name on the forum.

But hey, I do so enjoy the upbeat tone of your posts too.

Sorry,

embarrassed neighbor

Edited by Neighbor
  • Thumbs Up 3

On 10/13/2017 at 12:30 PM, Neighbor said:

Oops!!!!  I am such a clutz at times!

I'll blame it on my swiss cheese vision that affects  up close  sight, reading especially. I have to be more careful. It is quite hard at times to know what one does not fully see when up close. I think it is there on a page, but it may not be. 

I thought I was responding to Fresno Joe when I stated it is great to see your name. It was and is good to see that name on the forum.

But hey, I do so enjoy the upbeat tone of your posts too.

Sorry,

embarrassed neighbor

It's all good. 

Talking about being an embarrassed neighbor, we have been speaking about "Circles" at church, referring to people we come into contact with in our lives, and coming to make the most of the opportunities that come to interact with them. The pastor has been speaking about even looking for opportunities to encourage people that we come into contact with at the grocery store and such. But back to neighbors, he was saying that sometimes we just need to walk to the end of our driveway and see who is there. In speaking to our neighbors the other day, he commented on the fact that we had changed where we parked and asked if we were concerned about the way his wife reversed. I am glad we had the conversation as we had moved the cars around to make space for a wheelchair while my dad and stepmom had been staying with us. 

Hope you have a good week :) Blessings 

• Thumbs Up 1