Undermining Church Leaders

• Group:  Newbie
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

How do you handle leaders who are undermine the pastor? The Pastor is new and seems unaware. He appears to be guided mostly by men. His sermons including funerals are downloaded straight from the internet. He intimidates members publicly. He is a bully. The people undermining him has a grip on his background and personal life. I think this is why they do what they do and he knows that they know if his private life. HELP! Congregation is suffering. I am praying that God would move on his heart

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praying! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  86
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  6,867
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  11/10/1986

So the leaders are undermining him, but he's not a good pastor in the first place? It sounds like you might need to find a new church home.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  135
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

On 10/10/2017 at 9:23 AM, Wannalive said:

How do you handle leaders who are undermine the pastor? The Pastor is new and seems unaware. He appears to be guided mostly by men. His sermons including funerals are downloaded straight from the internet. He intimidates members publicly. He is a bully. The people undermining him has a grip on his background and personal life. I think this is why they do what they do and he knows that they know if his private life. HELP! Congregation is suffering. I am praying that God would move on his heart

I like the fact that you feel burdened to help, especially as the congregation is suffering.  Have you asked one of the leaders to have a word with the pastor about his behaviour?  Most importantly, it is prayers that can change the situation.  I do not believe what the leaders are doing is the right thing to do.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  50
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

-

Edited by Ana