IGNORED

Roger Goodell says NFL believes players should stand during national anthem

Guest shiloh357

Guest shiloh357
3 hours ago, OldSchool2 said:

It's not what the message is, but its intended audience, i.e., how can Kaepernick send a "personal" message to everyone he doesn't know?

He can host his own protest in a park and invite the media to cover it.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  701
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,511
  • Content Per Day:  1.35
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/18/1955

1 hour ago, shiloh357 said:

He can host his own protest in a park and invite the media to cover it.

Kaepernick could have, but he didn't; he simply took a knee during the national anthem in front of the mass media, so the message he sent had no personal preference, i.e., "to whom it may concern."

Guest shiloh357
23 minutes ago, OldSchool2 said:

Kaepernick could have, but he didn't; he simply took a knee during the national anthem in front of the mass media, so the message he sent had no personal preference, i.e., "to whom it may concern."

Which he should have done on his own time and on his own dime.

• Group:  Royal Member *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  10,596
  • Content Per Day:  3.69
  • Days Won:  25

1 hour ago, Cletus said:

i do kinda see your point but i think its a moot point.  the reason i think that is because your scope of view is limited to its a business.  and its a lot more to it than a business. besides that, that workplace is very public.  if they want to disrespect america/americans publicly, the response should be just as public.  IMO.

Can you prove Trump dont like the nfl?  

I am not sure it matters that their work place is very public, it is still in the end something they and their employers have to hash out.

I personally do not agree that anyone is being disrespected.  As a retired Marine of 20 years I do not feel disrespected, in fact I feel I spent those 20 years for people to have the freedom to protest.  

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  275
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  5,208
  • Content Per Day:  1.00
  • Days Won:  0

2 hours ago, Running Gator said:

I am not sure it matters that their work place is very public, it is still in the end something they and their employers have to hash out.

I personally do not agree that anyone is being disrespected.  As a retired Marine of 20 years I do not feel disrespected, in fact I feel I spent those 20 years for people to have the freedom to protest.  

Some people feel disrespected, some people don't. This is ultimately a free-market situation. Being as how this is a business that provides a service (entertainment in the form of football) to the public, they have to decide whether or not it is detrimental to allow it to continue. It being public matters because they are trying to convince people to give them money through both advertising revenue and merchandising. The advertising revenue doesn't matter at this very moment, but those contracts will eventually come due. They certainly wouldn't want a snowball situation that devalues their brand overall when it is negotiation time a few years down the road because the NFL is dependent on tv contracts above any other single thing.

You are correct that they and their employers have to hash it out, but the fact that their actions may be costing their employers money is going to have pretty much everything to do with that decision for the most part. 

• Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, Steve_S said:

Some people feel disrespected, some people don't. This is ultimately a free-market situation. Being as how this is a business that provides a service (entertainment in the form of football) to the public, they have to decide whether or not it is detrimental to allow it to continue. It being public matters because they are trying to convince people to give them money through both advertising revenue and merchandising. The advertising revenue doesn't matter at this very moment, but those contracts will eventually come due. They certainly wouldn't want a snowball situation that devalues their brand overall when it is negotiation time a few years down the road because the NFL is dependent on tv contracts above any other single thing.

You are correct that they and their employers have to hash it out, but the fact that their actions may be costing their employers money is going to have pretty much everything to do with that decision for the most part. 

I agree with all that you said, none of that though changes the fact it was not something the POTUS should be sticking his nose in to.

8 hours ago, Cletus said:

so i take your reply as a no, you cant prove trump dont like the nfl.  am i misreading you here?

Nope, you are correct, I cannot "prove" anything and it is a waste of time to even try.   Proof is in the eye of the beholder and people see what they want to see.    It is just really not important anymore. 

I could show where he sued them many years ago and I could post his dozens of tweets bashing the NFL from years ago, I could post his tweet where he was a sore loser after being denied buying the Bills.  But really, what is the point, in the end the answer will be the same "well, that does not PROVE anything".  

Edited by Running Gator