• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,366
  • Content Per Day:  0.78
  • Days Won:  9

Jesus said...

"I am the resurrection and the life. The one who believes in Me, even if he dies, will live. Everyone who lives and believes in Me will never die ever. 

Do you believe this?

and

Do you believe in Him?

• Thumbs Up 3

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,453
  • Content Per Day:  0.53
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  09/23/1991

3 hours ago, Reinitin said:

with so many teaching, What to believe?

Believe in the Lord Jesus Christ... Yes, many things try to distract us.

"My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me.
And I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; neither shall anyone snatch them out of My hand." - John 10:27-28

• Thumbs Up 3

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,829
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  3

1 hour ago, 4LdKHVCzRDj2 said:

Believe in the Lord Jesus Christ... Yes, many things try to distract us.

"My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me.
And I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; neither shall anyone snatch them out of My hand." - John 10:27-28

Thank you for the good word. 

Edited by Your closest friendnt
  • Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Topic Count:  951
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,556
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

14 hours ago, Reinitin said:

Jesus said...

"I am the resurrection and the life. The one who believes in Me, even if he dies, will live. Everyone who lives and believes in Me will never die ever. 

Do you believe this?

and

Do you believe in Him?

Hi, I understand it to be an answer to a question asked of Jesus, that clears up concerns of many a person, from Job to and including Martha, on through to all that live today. He clears up the vaguer understanding that  there is a general resurrection,  and a faith that  resurrection is to come, for those that know  of God, by answering the question of; what of it, as to the when and how.

Jesus makes it very personal! He brings it to a present time, for Martha and for us too. Resurrection is in Him. He needs not the Father  for resurrection, He is the resurrection. Resurrection is not a thing for future only, with doubt as to what is  in between death and resurrection. Resurrection is standing right before Martha as she asks of Jesus.

See many commentaries at http://biblehub.com/commentaries/john/11-25.htm

Do I believe Jesus to be the power and the person of resurrction?  Yes I do. Plus to believe that, I must also believe on His faith, His gospel and accept the words of His apostles as being of devine origin, sufficiently transliterated into many languages to be relied upon as truth from God, for my benefit in learning and in gaining deeper sanctification after being made righteous in the sight  of God through the specific call by the Holy Spirit. That specific call is sufficient for me to turn about from my own rebellion , and my own sin, against God. It is the event of my accepting that Jesus is my salvation, my Lord, my redeemer the god-man that made voluntary sacrifice as the Good Shepherd. He gave his life for the sheep of which I am one, by His grace and His mercy. He has foreknown all the sheep given to Him by His Father.  He has foreknown each, and He also has predestined each to be with Him eternally. He never loses a one. 

This is the mercy of God on me and on all that turn to Jesus as Lord God and personal savior.

I Am the Resurrection and the Life

Now when Jesus came, he found that Lazarus had already been in the tomb four days. Bethany was near Jerusalem, about two miles off,  and many of the Jews had come to Martha and Mary to console them concerning their brother.  So when Martha heard that Jesus was coming, she went and met him, but Mary remained seated in the house.  Martha said to Jesus, “Lord, if you had been here, my brother would not have died.  But even now I know that whatever you ask from God, God will give you.”  Jesus said to her, “Your brother will rise again.”  Martha said to him, “I know that he will rise again in the resurrection on the last day.” Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life. Whoever believes in me, though he die, yet shall he live, and everyone who lives and believes in me shall never die. Do you believe this?”  She said to him, “Yes, Lord; I believe that you are the Christ, the Son of God, who is coming into the world.”

In Jesus what was  an abstract, and a mystery is solved. Standing before Martha is the answer, talking to her and making very clear that He Jesus is God. That the Father and He are one.  He is the resurrection it is not an abstract mystery yet to be resolved. Jesus is the answer.

Each individual that is of the flock of the Good Shepherd will receive hear and heed the specific call by the Holy Spirit to turn about. Each will turn to Jesus and receive His grace and mercy that He may life eternally with God, knowing Jesus to be his own personal resurrection that He may life forever with Jesus by way of Jesus alone.

Edited by Neighbor
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,605
  • Content Per Day:  3.98
  • Days Won:  21

I agree that there are a lot of teachings and talk. Some of it I think is 'stirring up the spirit' and might be someone trying to convince themselves. I.e. If you say it often enough and loud enough, the people will believe it. (Hitler's quote)

At some point the penny might drop. The WORD became flesh and dwelt among us. By the SPIRIT of TRUTH the LIGHT of MEN will one day perhaps get thru to us, and dwell in us; and then from the former death of our spirits will come a new birth. We get converted by recognizing our sins and Redeemer; then translated and recorded in the Lamb's Book of Life.

There are as many differing stories of this happening as there are converts.
One that always intrigued me is as follows:

A quite famous preacher in the UK in the 17-18th century was holding forth eloquently on some passage of scripture.
He was articulate and was presenting a wonderful sermon - but suddenly, midway, he was silent - he looked up and smiled.
- From the rear balcony came a voice: HEY, THE PREACHER JUST GOT SAVED!

• Loved it! 2

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,366
  • Content Per Day:  0.78
  • Days Won:  9

23 minutes ago, Justin Adams said:

I agree that there are a lot of teachings and talk. Some of it I think is 'stirring up the spirit' and might be someone trying to convince themselves. I.e. If you say it often enough and loud enough, the people will believe it. (Hitler's quote)

At some point the penny might drop. The WORD became flesh and dwelt among us. By the SPIRIT of TRUTH the LIGHT of MEN will one day perhaps get thru to us, and dwell in us; and then from the former death of our spirits will come a new birth. We get converted by recognizing our sins and Redeemer; then translated and recorded in the Lamb's Book of Life.

There are as many differing stories of this happening as there are converts.
One that always intrigued me is as follows:

A quite famous preacher in the UK in the 17-18th century was holding forth eloquently on some passage of scripture.
He was articulate and was presenting a wonderful sermon - but suddenly, midway, he was silent - he looked up and smiled.
- From the rear balcony came a voice: HEY, THE PREACHER JUST GOT SAVED!

:) love the work of the Lord.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,829
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  3

7 hours ago, Neighbor said:

Hi, I understand it to be an answer to a question asked of Jesus, that clears up concerns of many a person, from Job to and including Martha, on through to all that live today. He clears up the vaguer understanding that  there is a general resurrection,  and a faith that  resurrection is to come, for those that know  of God, by answering the question of; what of it, as to the when and how.

Jesus makes it very personal! He brings it to a present time, for Martha and for us too. Resurrection is in Him. He needs not the Father  for resurrection, He is the resurrection. Resurrection is not a thing for future only, with doubt as to what is  in between death and resurrection. Resurrection is standing right before Martha as she asks of Jesus.

See many commentaries at http://biblehub.com/commentaries/john/11-25.htm

Do I believe Jesus to be the power and the person of resurrction?  Yes I do. Plus to believe that, I must also believe on His faith, His gospel and accept the words of His apostles as being of devine origin, sufficiently transliterated into many languages to be relied upon as truth from God, for my benefit in learning and in gaining deeper sanctification after being made righteous in the sight  of God through the specific call by the Holy Spirit. That specific call is sufficient for me to turn about from my own rebellion , and my own sin, against God. It is the event of my accepting that Jesus is my salvation, my Lord, my redeemer the god-man that made voluntary sacrifice as the Good Shepherd. He gave his life for the sheep of which I am one, by His grace and His mercy. He has foreknown all the sheep given to Him by His Father.  He has foreknown each, and He also has predestined each to be with Him eternally. He never loses a one. 

This is the mercy of God on me and on all that turn to Jesus as Lord God and personal savior.

I Am the Resurrection and the Life

Now when Jesus came, he found that Lazarus had already been in the tomb four days. Bethany was near Jerusalem, about two miles off,  and many of the Jews had come to Martha and Mary to console them concerning their brother.  So when Martha heard that Jesus was coming, she went and met him, but Mary remained seated in the house.  Martha said to Jesus, “Lord, if you had been here, my brother would not have died.  But even now I know that whatever you ask from God, God will give you.”  Jesus said to her, “Your brother will rise again.”  Martha said to him, “I know that he will rise again in the resurrection on the last day.” Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life. Whoever believes in me, though he die, yet shall he live, and everyone who lives and believes in me shall never die. Do you believe this?”  She said to him, “Yes, Lord; I believe that you are the Christ, the Son of God, who is coming into the world.”

In Jesus what was  an abstract, and a mystery is solved. Standing before Martha is the answer, talking to her and making very clear that He Jesus is God. That the Father and He are one.  He is the resurrection it is not an abstract mystery yet to be resolved. Jesus is the answer.

Each individual that is of the flock of the Good Shepherd will receive hear and heed the specific call by the Holy Spirit to turn about. Each will turn to Jesus and receive His grace and mercy that He may life eternally with God, knowing Jesus to be his own personal resurrection that He may life forever with Jesus by way of Jesus alone.

You said something about the resurrection that I hope many who preach the Gospel must understand.

Jesus is the resurrection and the life, in him we also have the resurrection and the life the moment we believe and as long we believe. 

The same thing Paul, John, and JAMES teach, that the believer in Jesus Christ is not afraid of death. 

Spiritual death that's and as a result phycical death.