• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,366
  • Content Per Day:  0.78
  • Days Won:  9

2 cor 11 paul says..

I wish you would put up with a little foolishness from me. Yes, do put up with me. For I am jealous over you with a godly jealousy, because I have promised you in marriage to one husband, to present a pure virgin to Christ. But I fear that, as the serpent deceived Eve by his cunning, "your minds may be seduced from a complete and pure devotion to Christ". For if a person comes and preaches another Jesus, whom we did not preach, or you receive a different spirit, which you had not received, or a different gospel which you had not accepted, you put up with it splendidly!

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.35
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

IF we think this was bad in pauls days.  OH dear look at all the different versions of JESUS taught today. and so many just go along with it

and so few will warn out against it .   Tis like a vending machine JESUS .    Oh , I will take my Christ with some good works to the pooor

BUT OOOH , don't tell me about having to live holy .

Yes , says another , I like my JESUS with some all inclusive , the one that honors gay marriage and all paths, 

and on and on we go.

THEIR is only ONE JESUS.   if we want to know if we LOVE HIM , read what HE said , the true apostels said

and DO HIS SAYINGS.   no pick and choosing .

OH , I will have my JESUS that don't agree with gay marriage , says one as she pats her tenth husband. 

OH ,  let me have the JESUS that preaches love your neighbor as yourself ,  BUT if one does me wrong OOOOH I GET SUE BABY SUE.

we got problems all over the place.  We cant pick and choose OUR JESUS.  its either HIM or self.   but not both.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,824
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  3

Thank you. 

Edited by Your closest friendnt
  • Praise God! 1

4 hours ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

IF we think this was bad in pauls days.  OH dear look at all the different versions of JESUS taught today. and so many just go along with it

and so few will warn out against it .   Tis like a vending machine JESUS .    Oh , I will take my Christ with some good works to the pooor

Yes , says another , I like my JESUS with some all inclusive , the one that honors gay marriage and all paths, 

and on and on we go.

THEIR is only ONE JESUS.   if we want to know if we LOVE HIM , read what HE said , the true apostels said

OH , I will have my JESUS that don't agree with gay marriage , says one as she pats her tenth husband. 

OH ,  let me have the JESUS that preaches love your neighbor as yourself ,  BUT if one does me wrong OOOOH I GET SUE BABY SUE.

we got problems all over the place.  We cant pick and choose OUR JESUS.  its either HIM or self.   but not both.

Your message is not clear, with all due respect. 

11 hours ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

and on and on we go.

Since we have The Witness of Matt, Mark, Luke and John their is no excuse for another Jesus unless we only study to convince ourselves of verse doctrin gospel's and create a verse doctrin Jesus of our own vain imaginations.

There is no excuse. All creation testifies to the truth. 

• This is Worthy 1

8 hours ago, Your closest friendnt said:

Thank you. 

Thank The Lord:) He led Paul and He leads us. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Topic Count:  950
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,525
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

14 hours ago, Reinitin said:

2 cor 11 paul says..

I wish you would put up with a little foolishness from me. Yes, do put up with me. For I am jealous over you with a godly jealousy, because I have promised you in marriage to one husband, to present a pure virgin to Christ. But I fear that, as the serpent deceived Eve by his cunning, "your minds may be seduced from a complete and pure devotion to Christ". For if a person comes and preaches another Jesus, whom we did not preach, or you receive a different spirit, which you had not received, or a different gospel which you had not accepted, you put up with it splendidly!

Allow me to also parse the thread  too, please.

I think the quote is of more than of Jesus. It is also and equally about the Holy Spirit, and of the truth the gospel of Jesus. ALL of which may be imitated by the deceiver and the minions of the deceiver.

It is not about little picky mannerisms of worship of Christ Jesus as Lord God and savior at all.

It is about other Jesus', other spirits, and other truths. It is about what we call cults; all of which have one thing in common, a counterfeit Jesus,  a counterfeit spirit, and a counterfeit gospel.

As counterfeit some are very good, in fact they portray wonderful pictures of things that could be true, but are not.

The fear expressed by Paul is that many will become deceived and follow the counterfeit, to their own destructive ending.

I share that within my own time period  one prime example of Paul's expressed fear is highlighted even in the name of one church for it is called  "The Church of  Latter Day Saints of Jesus Christ".

That such a counterfeit church has grown and deceives so very many that are like Eve the deceived wo-man is a fear that Paul has expressed under inspiration  from God.

Edited by Neighbor
  • This is Worthy 1

6 hours ago, Neighbor said:

Allow me to also parse the thread  too, please.

I think the quote is of more than of Jesus. It is also and equally about the Holy Spirit, and of the truth the gospel of Jesus. ALL of which may be imitated by the deceiver and the minions of the deceiver.

It is not about little picky mannerisms of worship of Christ Jesus as Lord God and savior at all.

It is about other Jesus', other spirits, and other truths. It is about what we call cults; all of which have one thing in common, a counterfeit Jesus,  a counterfeit spirit, and a counterfeit gospel.

As counterfeit some are very good, in fact they portray wonderful pictures of things that could be true, but are not.

The fear expressed by Paul is that many will become deceived and follow the counterfeit, to their own destructive ending.

I share that within my own time period  one prime example of Paul's expressed fear is highlighted even in the name of one church for it is called  "The Church of  Latter Day Saints of Jesus Christ".

That such a counterfeit church has grown and deceives so very many that are like Eve the deceived wo-man is a fear that Paul has expressed under inspiration  from God.

have you read it in greek? The words translated "your minds may be seduced could also say "your thinking may become self destructive".

your so on target:)

21 hours ago, Reinitin said:

2 cor 11 paul says..

I wish you would put up with a little foolishness from me. Yes, do put up with me. For I am jealous over you with a godly jealousy, because I buyhave promised you in marriage to one husband, to present a pure virgin to Christ. But I fear that, as the serpent deceived Eve by his cunning, "your minds may be seduced from a complete and pure devotion to Christ". For if a person comes and preaches another Jesus, whom we did not preach, or you receive a different spirit, which you had not received, or a different gospel which you had not accepted, you put up with it splendidly!

Paul begins by emphasising that he wants to taulk about the pure gospel. 

What is the pure Gospel? 

That can result in keeping us clean before the Lord. 

In his teachings Paul is talking how to keep our selves clean from sins. 

So one kind of poluting ones self is to commit sins and this is not so simple because there difrrent kinds of sins, with different degrees of value. 

And I believe Paul is always considers the context. 

Not only Paul but even in Jesus teachings we can see that also jesus considered the context. 

I do not want to give extreme examples and we must give some examples so the reader does not get confuse as to what we are trying to comunicate . 

By experience I have find out how the guardians of righteousness react and often react quickly without considering the theme of the message and the context. 

We all know that we should not lie. 

But in reading life and even life events in the bible we can see that lieing can be a blessing. 

It would deppent whether someone lies to reasult in iniquity and gain something or hurting someone or lies to protect someone from harm or from unesasary and prematurely subject someone to a truth that is not the right time for them to hear it.  

Even by Law a spouse is protected and is not compel to testified against the other or a mother against the son and the son against the mother and that withing the proper context in offences against a third party. 

Let's say as in a country where there is prosecution of the faith and you are on a run for your freedom and you are dress up in away to deceived your pursuers and you recite their prayers and you put the lyrics and marks of their faith upon you and you confess that you are not a believer and that saves your life and your children not only form torture and dying but by forse indoctrination of your children by another non christian family by means of your children been taken from you. 

Do you thing a sin was commited or that Jesus guided this people in doing that to saved their lives or that was a Godly inpiration to them to act in this way knowing the scriptures about if you confess me i will bless you and if you denie  me I will denie you. 

When those people were praying that Jesus helps them and the answer was that Jesus won't send fire from Heaven to kill their enemies and does not want his missionaries to die like that but wants them to live and their enemies not to die and he wants them to live to continiou their mission among these people but in another country and even save some of their pursuers .