prodigy

Name the things you are grateful for?

If you know me at all, you know that I love counting my blessings. It’s a full time job, I tell ya. 
October is a month of 31 days and i am inspired to write 31 things I am thankful for.
My hope is to challenge you to look for the blessings in your own life.
I know life can be hard: there are so many challenges we face in this fallen world. But, I would challenge you, even among the financial troubles, the illness, the loss, the pain, and the struggles of life, to see the blessings that have been bestowed upon us.

I challenge you to write a list of your own 31 blessings. In the meantime, here are mine:

1. Life – the very fact that I woke up today is a blessing.

2. Faith – I shudder to think of where and who I would be without my faith in Jesus Christ.

3. Family – My eyes fill with tears when I think of the family God has blessed me with.

4. My Church Family – there is something deep and beautiful about worshipping, serving, and praying with fellow believers.

5. Friends – My friends are some of the most kind, loving, generous, and faithful people I know.

6. Food – While attempting to keep teenagers full of good food has its challenges, we are abundantly blessed to not know hunger.

7. Water – clean, abundant, hot, cold water

8. Forgiveness – Oh, how great is the forgiveness of our heavenly Father! And of others.

9. Grace, Not Perfection – It is all about grace.
10. Hope – Christ in me, “the hope of glory” ~Colossians 1:27

11. My Home – Home is where I spend my days with my best friend, where I learn what it is to care for my family, and where I feel at peace.

12. God’s Gifts – God has gifted each of us so that we may minister to others for our growth, their benefit, and His glory.

13. Love – “And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love” ~1 Corinthians 13:13 (NJKV)

14. Trials – This is probably something not often found on a gratitude list, but I believe that God uses trials to grow us, and for that I am thankful. (James 1:2-3 )

15. Prayer – That the God of the universe desires continual communion with us astounds me.

16. God’s Word – Much like my faith, I would be lost without the word of God. It truly is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path.

17. Laughter – I love hearing people laugh.

18. Joy – Not just happiness as a result of circumstances, but the true joy of the Lord.

19. Freedom – to worship, and most importantly, freedom in Christ

20. Pets – Like furry family members, my pets often bring us great companionship.

21. The Beauty of Creation: northern lights, fall leaves, falling snow, starry skies, ocean waves. God’s creation is as endless as it is majestic and beautiful.

22. Knowledge & Wisdom– I am so thankful for the things I have learned in this life.

23. Electricity & Internet – both only need be out for a few hours to realize how much we rely on them

24. Modern Conveniences – As much as I love the simple life, I am thankful for the appliances that make my life easier.

25. Giving & Receiving – both are blessings in countless ways

26. Health & Modern Medicine – I know there is much to be desired in this area, but I am thankful nonetheless.

27. Wild Flowers – they are simply beautiful.

28. My Relationship

29. My Local Library – movies, books, music, and homeschool material all for free (well, sorta free)

30. Dirty Dishes – though I tire of washing them, they are a reminder that I am blessed to have them, a kitchen, hot water, food, and friends to dirty them

Name the things you are grateful for???
31. You. Thank you for taking the time to read the words that God has placed upon my heart.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 3
  • Thanks 2

Love a challenge, and this one seems most worthy!

• Thumbs Up 1

God 'IS' Who He 'IS' ...

• Thumbs Up 1

We are saved.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 10/11/2017 at 4:49 AM, prodigy said:

30. Dirty Dishes – though I tire of washing them, they are a reminder that I am blessed to have them, a kitchen, hot water, food, and friends to dirty them

Hi Prodigy,

I love the idea of taking time out to think what we are grateful for. I once did a photo album online throughout the year and put up a picture for each day, about something I was grateful for. It was amazing how it caused me to begin to look for things that I was taking for granted, even simple things. And sometimes, it was more than once that I listed I was grateful for the same thing.

I loved the idea of being grateful even for things that we may not feel all that grateful for, and seeing you mention Dirty Dishes. It reminded me of a poem that we used to have hanging in our kitchen when growing up. I am sure you have probably heard it: 

Thank God for dirty dishes; They have a tale to tell.
While others may go hungry, We're eating very well
With home, health, and happiness,
I shouldn't want to fuss;
By the stack of evidence, God's been very good to us.

(Author: Mary Stuber)

I am grateful that He saved me because I couldn't save myself. I am grateful for my three children and for being born in the U.S. of A. :)

• Thumbs Up 1

God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit.

• Thumbs Up 1

So many things, but most importantly I'm thankful for Jesus. 

• Thumbs Up 1