• Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,247
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

2 hours ago, Neighbor said:
2 hours ago, enoob57 said:

feeling a little poetic today are we :D 

Perhaps.

Feeling need for adventure too. This idea of retirement, it is not so good for the body, nor soul, I think. 

I am looking forward to hitting the road, after having been pent up at California on family business stuff. Having visions of "from sea to shining sea"  for sure. Maybe I'll find a post retirement career out there somewhere.

OP;  Worst sin

For me, I think the sin God hates the most, is the one presently I commit. He has showed, inspired, indwelt me for a better aim at His targets. Like a father watching his son in competition (with the enemy, world, flesh, devil) and sees me miss. He loves me so much (as Abba), he hates to see me miss His mark. "To whom much is given, much is required".

I agree with you Neighbor, retirement from income work should not cause retirement from work. Work is a blessing, from God. As for the what and where:  Joshua 1,9  Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go.

Work is the best narcotic.
“Work is the grand cure for all the maladies and miseries that ever beset mankind – honest work, which you intend getting done.”
“Laziness may appear attractive, but work gives satisfaction.”
“When men are employed, they are best contented; for on the days they worked, they were good-natured and cheerful, and with the consciousness of having done a good day’s work, they spent the evening jollily; but on our idle days they were mutinous and quarrelsome.”-- Benjamin Franklin
“Sometimes the greatest thing to come out of all your hard work isn't what you GET for it, but what you BECOME for it.
" God does not deduct from a man's allotted life span, the hours spent fishing":D.........favorite
When a man retires, his wife gets twice the husband but only half the income........Chi Chi Rodriguez
Sooner or later I’m going to die, but I’m not going to retire.......Margaret Mead
Before you speak, listen. Before you write, think. Before you spend, earn. Before you invest, investigate. Before you criticize, wait. Before you pray, forgive. Before you quit, try. Before you retire, save. Before you die, give.William A. Ward
8. Isaiah 46:4-5 Even until your old age, I am the one, and I’ll carry you even until your gray hairs come.

God’s retirement plan is out of this world.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

5 hours ago, Dennis1209 said:

I don't want to turn this thread around, but what exactly is the sin of blasphemy of the Holy Spirit? Blasphemy is not the same as taking the Lord's name in vain (Gen 20: 7).

I would think the sin God hates most is mentioned first in Genesis 20: 3. Anytime the Lord says something is an "abomination" to Him, I can't think of a stronger word used in the Bible to describe something so offensive and despicable to the Lord?

It is not believing in Jesus Christ.

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.34
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

52 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

I said ye shall die in your SINS for if you believe Not that I AM HE , ye shall die in your sins.

sounds correct lil miss muffet.     Their is something even worse than this , really though its linked right to it.

I would rather ye be hot or cold.    Its when Christains who claim to believe in CHRIST ,  remain in sin , justify it , and make JESUS the minisitir of sin.

It when christains celebrate the all inclusive all roads  , all gods , kissing korans and buddas and putting Christs name all in it ,as though CHRIST

has anything to do with this all inclusive lie, which denies him.   KISS the SON and not the all inclusive golden calf being built as we speak. and kissed by more and more as we speak.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

1 minute ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

I said ye shall die in your SINS for if you believe Not that I AM HE , ye shall die in your sins.

sounds correct lil miss muffet.     Their is something even worse than this , really though its linked right to it.

I would rather ye be hot or cold.    Its when Christains who claim to believe in CHRIST ,  remain in sin , justify it , and make JESUS the minisitir of sin.

It when christains celebrate the all inclusive all roads  , all gods , kissing korans and buddas and putting Christs name all in it ,as though CHRIST

has anything to do with this all inclusive lie, which denies him.   KISS the SON and not the all inclusive golden calf being built as we speak. and kissed by more and more as we speak.

Yes,God tells us that being lukewarm is the worst.

• This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.34
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

56 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

the blashhemy against the HOLY GHOST is all tied into no faith in Christ.

An example was WHEN JESUS himself was casting out devils and they said HE casts out satan by SATAN.   works they themselves could not do

yet accused the HOLY SPIRIT in Christ as being satan.   that is the unpardonable sin for all time.