• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.36
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

12 hours ago, Neighbor said:

Cannot devine wisdom utilize Godly psychology? :)

That is a deception.  but let me explain what I mean.    Any true christain counsler would not use physcology to help the church.

IT would use GODLY wisdom in Biblical truth alone  .      Any mixing of the two is just mixture of good and evil and it wont aide the one to getting closer to GOD

Sure it may help with self improvement , self peace, self edification .   the problem is SELF

physcology may be able to give some a kind of aide to dealing with problems, but never the REAL ANSWER nor the real solution to their ills.

for their ills are SIN RELATED.   and the only cure for that is CHRIST , HIS SAYINGS.  mans wisdom cannot free none from the bondage of sin

at most it puts a bandaide on a sucking chest wound.   and that saves none .  no not one

• This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  3,371
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  5

13 hours ago, Neighbor said:

Cannot devine wisdom utilize Godly psychology? :)

Well ......Godly psychology and divine wisdom says that there are none righteous, no not one.....and that in our flesh dwells no good thing.  It absolutely confronts head-on and corrects the wrong thinking of man's psychology which profits nothing.  When we just bow down and say you're right and I'm wrong Lord to anything that He has said......then or soon after he will give understanding of that thing.  

And no worries at all about staying on the original topic as far as I'm concerned.......I pray and hope the Lord will take the thread anywhere He wants and let it bear fruit to His glory and our good.  A thread is only a vessel and all we are seeking is Him, His will and His truth, His light unto our path......come Lord Jesus, come, and have your way Lord......blow where you will and blow mightily I ask, because we need you.....thank you Lord for all your wonderful truth and most of all for you.

• This is Worthy 1

6 hours ago, Neighbor said:

When any person is without the indwelling of the  Holy Spirit things are askew.

Application of principles of psychology without the leading  of the Holy Spirit leaves no room for understanding God, and so also to the denial of Jesus who is God. But the  principles expressed by two famous individuals in  psychology declare the very same attributes are in man that Jesus declared must be  attributes of a person and are components of faith in Him, including a childlike faith.

It is not pyschology that fails for it is simply a methodology. It is man that fails, for man is depraved from the beginning. Pyschology a methodical study  or reasoning can lead to God just as well as  it can led away.

What fails is not the method of study, it is the lack of prayer with contrition, a refusal to turnabout and repent of sin against God and thus the lack of indwelling by the Holy Spirit. That lacking leads to a darkening  from which there is no recovery.  The method of study  Psychology may continue in such a person but they will simply find themselves reasoning that there is no God, when they could have  found there is Jesus  just as easily using the same method of study. The difference being only the key to undertanding what is studied- the Holy Spirit.

God never says park your brains and worship me. God reasons with man and is patient even in His wrath. He is patient with us both the unsaved and to lesser degree perhaps the saved. For I think we as saved born again saints are more exasperating to God than the unknowing are ( unknowing in not having  the Holy Spirit, not as in having an excuse).

God does say,  I am at the door.... He is no trickster, man can use sound reasoning to decide to open that door or to bar it tightly against God. God in turn can wait some for it to be opened,  bringing light of the Holy Spirit,  or He can seal it from the outside leaving man darkened in his own  reasoning and suffering strong delusion, never finding a way to open that door ever again.

Prayer to receive God can be complex multi ported, or it can be as simple as HELP! The key, the key for the door into faith is the Holy Spirit, not whether man uses psychology as a tool of thought process or not.

As a Christian I can and do use psychology, perhaps more so as a Christian than I ever did as an atheist. I may not use it well, but that has nothing to do with whether I have  the indwelling of God the Holy Spirit or not. Pschology  is also the tool of the soft word that turns away anger as instructed and encouraged by God. It seems to me that the ever venting angry declarations by some Christians, though well meaning,  lack the power of that tool and therefore are mere kickings  and noisey gongings that chatter without any positive result upon any  other person. As such the strong rantings for God bare no fruit they don't till the soil for faith,  they don't even plant a seed of faith. They just make noise. The ranters could benefit from learning  a little of the methods, the disciplines of psychology in sharing of Jesus with an unsaved world. Also in the agape love for brotherhood and sisterhood of the saints in Christ Jesus.

Just my own present conclusions, never having seen a ranting Christian do good work. I just haven't seen anyone bullied into a faith like a child's faith. I have only seen the fleeing from the gonging noise of the rant. I have heard the gentle voice of the saint declare our help is in the name of the Lord, and then declare with sound exchange the reason faith makes sense, and is something to be desired, prayed for, and received in repentance from sin against God and His will. I have felt and I have witnessed the indwelling of the Holy Spirit, but never have I seen the Spirit crammed into an unwilling heart by menacing, by threat,  by mockery, nor by declaring you must park your brains throw out all systems of reasoning to become saved.

The word of God is psychology at it's best, methodical, connected, self proving, feeling,  truth for the heart and soul in those that have come to the point of receiving the Holy Spirit and to undertanding what the  unrepentant  and unbroken heart cannot grasp.

I guess it depends on what a person means when they use the word "psychology"............notice that in the bible, God doesn't say we are victims of life circumstances.........on the contrary, He says we are sinners.  Whaaaaat?  Who me Lord?  But somebody did me wrong, and that is why I went so far astray.  Except that just doesn't fly, because God's word is the truth , it is higher than our assumptions and reasonings........what happens is that we follow the exact same pattern that Eve followed into sin.......tempted by the devil, accepting his word/lie and rebelling against God.  Life circumstances only provide an opportunity to be tempted.  If we stop using life circumstances as an excuse and only acknowledge our own sin and ungodly ways of responding or "coping" with life circumstances, the Lord will be faithful and just to forgive us our sin and cleanse us from our unrighteousness and deliver our soul from bondage.  There is no circumstance or human being on earth which has power to put our souls into bondage........that happens only as a result of OUR sin, not somebody else's sins against us.  This is what God's word teaches..........so if that is the "psychology" you are talking about Neighbour, then amen.......but if you are talking about the psychology of men which says the opposite of God's word then you had best chuck that out and believe God.

• This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  949
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,515
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

2 hours ago, Yowm said:

I took 3 years of Psychology in college (as an unbeliever) but it was enough for me to know due to the multitude of theories of psychology that were swirling around that they had only guesswork at best. Psychology has little to add to one who knows the Word and has a gift for discerning behavior. God's Word and Spirit are sufficient when it comes to ministering to the soul. Yes, there is the nouthetic Christian approach based on Scripture but that is barely known in the world of psychology let alone Christians.

"Yes, there is the nouthetic Christian approach based on Scripture but that is barely known in the world of psychology let alone Christians."

Yes there is, and I know of it. My wife was such a counselor.

The local body of Christ where I  was employed and am now a member has had  several trained nouthetic counselors doing ministry to couples families and individuals for many years now, actually a couple of decades.

At our  local body of Christ, individuals must first be screened, informed, and then introduced to a counselor. The counselor's work is reviewed, questioned, and overseen  along with follow up by the leader of the ministry, and  the trained full time staff NANC counselor- church pastor/elder.

There are no fees involved at all.

a  resource:

http://www.nouthetic.org

• Group:  Mars Hill

1 hour ago, Heleadethme said:

Well ......Godly psychology and divine wisdom says that there are none righteous, no not one.....and that in our flesh dwells no good thing.  It absolutely confronts head-on and corrects the wrong thinking of man's psychology which profits nothing.  When we just bow down and say you're right and I'm wrong Lord to anything that He has said......then or soon after he will give understanding of that thing.  

And no worries at all about staying on the original topic as far as I'm concerned.......I pray and hope the Lord will take the thread anywhere He wants and let it bear fruit to His glory and our good.  A thread is only a vessel and all we are seeking is Him, His will and His truth, His light unto our path......come Lord Jesus, come, and have your way Lord......blow where you will and blow mightily I ask, because we need you.....thank you Lord for all your wonderful truth and most of all for you.

AMEN SISTER that is so rare.   most want the glory of recognition from they own thread and say KEEP it on topic

BUT you said, let the LORD take the thread.   GLORY < GLORY TO THE LORD , oh yes LET the SPIRIT lead and not man , but the SPIRIT.   sing it sister , sing it one more time

sing it one more time and praise the Lord.

• Praise God! 1

I guess it depends on what a person means when they use the word "psychology"............notice that in the bible, God doesn't say we are victims of life circumstances.........on the contrary, He says we are sinners.  Whaaaaat?  Who me Lord?  But somebody did me wrong, and that is why I went so far astray.  Except that just doesn't fly, because God's word is the truth , it is higher than our assumptions and reasonings........what happens is that we follow the exact same pattern that Eve followed into sin.......tempted by the devil, accepting his word/lie and rebelling against God.  Life circumstances only provide an opportunity to be tempted.  If we stop using life circumstances as an excuse and only acknowledge our own sin and ungodly ways of responding or "coping" with life circumstances, the Lord will be faithful and just to forgive us our sin and cleanse us from our unrighteousness and deliver our soul from bondage.  There is no circumstance or human being on earth which has power to put our souls into bondage........that happens only as a result of OUR sin, not somebody else's sins against us.  This is what God's word teaches..........so if that is the "psychology" you are talking about Neighbour, then amen.......but if you are talking about the psychology of men which says the opposite of God's word then you had best chuck that out and believe God.

GOOD NIGHT it was PHYSCOLOGY eve and adam used.   BUT LORD it was the serpent who tempted me

and adam, IT WAS the WIFE , it was LIFES SITUATIONS .   the blame it on the circumstance game.   TO death with Sigmund frauds lies of demons .

I sure hope that man repented as new age as he was he had no hope at his end, lest at his end he did repent then he is saved. 

• This is Worthy 1

17 hours ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

GOOD NIGHT it was PHYSCOLOGY eve and adam used.   BUT LORD it was the serpent who tempted me

and adam, IT WAS the WIFE , it was LIFES SITUATIONS .   the blame it on the circumstance game.   TO death with Sigmund frauds lies of demons .

I sure hope that man repented as new age as he was he had no hope at his end, lest at his end he did repent then he is saved. 

The Lord has compassion on us in our bondages and predicaments in life, in all our afflictions He is afflicted......and so He made a way for us.......and repentance is really the best kept secret in christendom.......this is what John the Baptist meant when he came preaching to make our crooked paths straight...through repentance.  Repentance is how we make our crooked ways straight, rather than psychology.  But our sins hide in darkness, we need His help to even know what they are.......that's why David prayed, search me and know me O God and see if there be any wicked WAY in me.  The Lord is good...if we are sincere and truly want to be sanctified and made holy, and willing to pay the price of following Him, He will help us along the way.

• This is Worthy 1

The Lord has compassion on us in our bondages and predicaments in life, in all our afflictions He is afflicted......and so He made a way for us.......and repentance is really the best kept secret in christendom.......this is what John the Baptist meant when he came preaching to make our crooked paths straight...through repentance.  Repentance is how we make our crooked ways straight, rather than psychology.  But our sins hide in darkness, we need His help to even know what they are.......that's why David prayed, search me and know me O God and see if there be any wicked WAY in me.  The Lord is good...if we are sincere and truly want to be sanctified and made holy, and willing to pay the price of following Him, He will help us along the way.

OH dear sister , this is so true.    Think how merciful GOD is, that not only were we drawn to Christ , not only was it HISGOODNESS alone that led us to repentance

ITS HIS GOODNESS that even unctions us this desire from a new heart by the SPIRIT to both have the desire and the ability to walk pleasing by faith unto Him.

The problem is that many don't realize that the sin can harden the heart .   they under the guise that either sin is no big deal

and now even most sins are not called sin , its called issues at best , or its called LOVE in many cases.  We have major issues.

I truly wish christains would take the time to ponder this,  I mean I really do.

WHY take our advice from renown men of phycology , mans wisdom, when THE CARNAL MIND IS ENMITY with GOD and cannot be subject unto HIM.

WHY heed  men or women like that.  it makes NO SENSE.   WHY not rather HEED JESUS ONLY the SPIRIT ONLY and FEED from the pages of GODS OWN WORDS

and men WHO SPOKE BY AND WROTE BY the HOLY SPIRIT. 

I understand why its done.  for most know not Christ , if they have began to follow Him, they will flee concepts of men.

HIS SPIRIT WILL URGE THEM TO, the words of mens wisdom will and do become empty REAL FAST for a NEW LOVE of ONLY TRUTH is on the heart of those born again.

GRACE really is real and it really DOES change the heart, it gives a whole new heart with whole new God pleasing actions.

ONLY once again, we must heed HIS SPIRIT or lust will choke the word right out of us .  MANY a heart gets hardned through the deceitfulness of sin

and then a JESUS is chosen that no longer sees their lust as a sin.   IT HAPPENS way more than most realize.   I have heard of it and I have personally

seen it happen in some.    They leave off the unctions of the SPIRIT and go and seek out a place where their lust is not seen as a lust but rather is just accepted

I warn us all,  if we think the delusion is bad now, and my it is................shes about to go viral .   And believe me none wants to go under that for its end is

the son it leads too.  IT wont the THE SON.......................but it will be the son of perdtion.   ONLY IN JESUS can we resist

ONLY IN CHRIST can we overcome .  the trust cannot be in men, women nor in ourselves .  IT MUST BE IN CHRIST and thus LOVE HIS EVERY SAYING

do and keep them ON THE HEART by the power of CHRIST the SPIRIT within all who are  truly born again of SPIRIT and TRUTH.

A tidal wave of delusion can be seen pouring down and all whose names are not in the lambs book of life will believe the lie .

HEED CHRIST , HEED THE SPIRIT and test all others against the SAYINGS OF CHRIST .

Read the holy scrips let them cleanse the mind , let one be made wise unto salvation through faith in Christ .  Cause I am warning us all again

we are running out of time.  

• This is Worthy 1