• Group:  Newbie
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

God Bless!! 
I am new here and I was hoping to get some advice. A guy started coming to my church and a couple months ago we started taking. I am 30 and he is 32 but he has 2 daughters from a previous relationship. I have grown to really care about him but I am afraid that people won’t accept our relationship because he has kids. How do I know if this is a relationship approved by God? Can I ask God for a sign or how do I pray on this? I don’t want to invest time in liking him more if we are not meant to be. Thanks for the advice in advance.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,228
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

Are you both committed Christians who read you Bibles regularly and pray often?   Is he the type of person who brings out the best in you and leads you closer to God?  Do the two of you pray aloud together about concerns?  Jesus should be the center of your friendship.  

Was he legally married to the mother?  What caused the divorce?  Only adultery on the wife's part is scriptural grounds for divorce that might allow him to remarry.   Does he have custody of the children?   Do you get along well with the girls?  Children around 12 and even into the teens often try to reunite their parents and may reject another woman to the point of breaking up a marriage.  You would have a better chance of success if they are younger.  Divorce is hard on all but can destroy the kids.

I wouldn't worry so much about what people might think unless it is your parents.  But the other questions are much more important.  You  spoke of "relationship" but not marriage.  Any sex outside of marriage is fornication and is sin, and people who live together won't be found in heaven.  If he did so and repented and became a Christian afterwards, obviously he is a new person in Christ and is forgiven.  But if he was living with a person but not married while pretending to be a Christian, that speaks against his character.  It is never God's will for you to be serious friends with a person who is not a committed Christian.  1Co 15:33 ESV Do not be deceived: "Bad company ruins good morals."

I hope that helps.