IGNORED

Why Facebook Protects Liberal Fact Checker Sites

Guest shiloh357

Guest shiloh357

Why Facebook Is Fiercely Protecting Left Wing Fact-Checker Site

By Geri Ungurean

After my last article about being placed in FB jail after just 3 shares of an article about Snopes, I found the reason why FB is so protective of the ultra liberal outfit.

I vaguely remember reading about some affiliation between FB and Snopes, but I guess I missed just how solid the affiliation really was.

It seems that right after the last election, Mark Zuckerberg pledged to the liberal community to put an end to “FAKE NEWS.”  He said that he would accomplish this by hiring 4 well known fact-check outfits:

SNOPES

ABC News

Politifact

factcheck.org

All 4 of these so-called “fact checkers” are known Liberals. Why did he not add at least one more Conservative site? That question is of course rhetorical. The leftist sites verify any news that could hurt Conservatives and vilify news that would expose the liberal Left.

Mark Zuckerberg could teach a course on Saul Alinsky’s “Rules for Radicals.”

Have you read the “forward” to Alinsky’s  book?

“Lest we forget at least an over the shoulder acknowledgment to the very first radical: from all our legends, mythology and history (and who is to know where mythology leaves off and history begins – or which is which), the very first radical known to man who rebelled against the establishment and did it so effectively that he at least won his own kingdom – Lucifer.”   (emphasis added)
― Saul D. Alinsky, Rules for Radicals: A Pragmatic Primer for Realistic Radicals

Mr. Alinsky is now deceased and is in “Lucifer’s final Kingdom” for eternity.  I’ve heard it’s blazing hot down there.

From dailycaller.com

Facebook Using Unreliable Liberal Fact-Checker To Fight ‘Fake News’

As part of a new initiative cracking down on fake news announced on Thursday, Facebook will be partnering up with third party “fact-check” organizations that will alert users if a story they are about to read or share is “disputed.” One of the organizations Facebook is partnering up with is Snopes, which The Daily Caller has exposed more than once butchering the truth or seemingly outright lying in service of a liberal narrative.

“We believe in giving people a voice and that we cannot become arbiters of truth ourselves, so we’re approaching this problem carefully. We’ve focused our efforts on the worst of the worst, on the clear hoaxes spread by spammers for their own gain, and on engaging both our community and third party organizations,”

Facebook vice president Adam Mosseri said in a press release Thursday.NiemanLab notes that Facebook will be relying on four fact-check organizations: ABC News, FactCheck.org, PolitiFact and Snopes. (RELATED: Fact-Checking Snopes: Website’s Political ‘Fact-Checker’ Is Just A Failed Liberal Blogger)

In July, The DC caught Snopes lying about the lack of visible American flags at the first day of the Democratic National Convention, claiming an image from the second day of the convention was actually from the first day, in an attempt to debunk a factual story from The DC: (RELATED: Snopes Caught Lying About Lack Of American Flags At Democratic Convention)

Facebook has been under pressure to censor “fake news” — a term which some liberal journalists have applied to their conservative competitors.

Legitimate conservative news organizations like The Blaze or Independent Journal Review (IJR) have been smeared with the fake news label by liberal journalists. (RELATED: Journalists Struggle To Define ‘Fake News’ Even As They Declare War On It) – source

I know that I am putting myself at risk as I write this second piece on Snopes. But truth is truth, and as long as I am able, I will write Truth. If my articles are not published in FB groups, hopefully there are other Conservative websites who will pick them up.

Shalom b’Yeshua

https://grandmageri422.me/

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't take these so-called fact check groups serious and never have.  They often times claim something true is false and the other way around.  It is just another propaganda tool.  You see a story claiming the President was fact checked on something and they claim he said things that aren't true, and we are supposed to believe the fact checkers.  I don't.  They have their own agenda.  Fact checkers in a story is fake news.  

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

I don't advice anyone to get their news from FB. 

Also I wonder why  it seem anytime someone questions someone's new story they are label a liberal? But that might be an issue for another topic. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,708
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

I'm wondering just how accurate this article really is. I've posted numerous articles bashing both politifact and Snopes and never gotten into any trouble over it. Think I've even gone after ABC a few times.

Guest shiloh357
7 hours ago, LadyKay said:

I don't advice anyone to get their news from FB.

This wasn't news. It was an opinion piece.

Also I wonder why  it seem anytime someone questions someone's new story they are label a liberal?

No one is labeling anyone a liberal simply because they fact check claims.   The problem is that the fact-checkers are given an unspoken air of infallibility, as if they are dispassionate, completely impartial entities and they are not.   More than often people do that with Snopes.  Snopes has been used on this site shut down conversation.   It's has as if, "when Snopes speaks, the thinking has been done for you."

These fact checkers are as biased as any one of us.  They are people with political views, and biases, and personal paradigms that shape how they look at the world just like all of us.   But the primary "fact checkers"  do demonstrate a liberal bent, and that is fact.

3 hours ago, shiloh357 said:

This wasn't news. It was an opinion piece.

This opinion piece was about posting news stories on FB. So that is why I said that my advice to everyone is not to get your news stories from FB. 

Personally I think some people don't like being called out on stuff. So they try to discredit the fact checker. Since this is an opinion piece as was stated. This is only my opinion.  Peace ?

3 hours ago, LadyKay said:

Personally I think some people don't like being called out on stuff. So they try to discredit the fact checker. Since this is an opinion piece as was stated. This is only my opinion.  Peace ?

Fact checkers start out with a bias.  They will claim something to be "discredited" or "false" when it is not.  I have heard of a lot of people that have said they were blocked for a period of time at fb for things they posted.  I have bashed liberals for years and never had that happen.  It might be the way they say something.  

23 hours ago, shiloh357 said:

Why Facebook Is Fiercely Protecting Left Wing Fact-Checker Site

By Geri Ungurean

After my last article about being placed in FB jail after just 3 shares of an article about Snopes, I found the reason why FB is so protective of the ultra liberal outfit.

I vaguely remember reading about some affiliation between FB and Snopes, but I guess I missed just how solid the affiliation really was.

It seems that right after the last election, Mark Zuckerberg pledged to the liberal community to put an end to “FAKE NEWS.”  He said that he would accomplish this by hiring 4 well known fact-check outfits:

SNOPES

ABC News

Politifact

factcheck.org

All 4 of these so-called “fact checkers” are known Liberals. Why did he not add at least one more Conservative site? That question is of course rhetorical. The leftist sites verify any news that could hurt Conservatives and vilify news that would expose the liberal Left.

Mark Zuckerberg could teach a course on Saul Alinsky’s “Rules for Radicals.”

Have you read the “forward” to Alinsky’s  book?

“Lest we forget at least an over the shoulder acknowledgment to the very first radical: from all our legends, mythology and history (and who is to know where mythology leaves off and history begins – or which is which), the very first radical known to man who rebelled against the establishment and did it so effectively that he at least won his own kingdom – Lucifer.”   (emphasis added)
― Saul D. Alinsky, Rules for Radicals: A Pragmatic Primer for Realistic Radicals

Mr. Alinsky is now deceased and is in “Lucifer’s final Kingdom” for eternity.  I’ve heard it’s blazing hot down there.

From dailycaller.com

Facebook Using Unreliable Liberal Fact-Checker To Fight ‘Fake News’

As part of a new initiative cracking down on fake news announced on Thursday, Facebook will be partnering up with third party “fact-check” organizations that will alert users if a story they are about to read or share is “disputed.” One of the organizations Facebook is partnering up with is Snopes, which The Daily Caller has exposed more than once butchering the truth or seemingly outright lying in service of a liberal narrative.

“We believe in giving people a voice and that we cannot become arbiters of truth ourselves, so we’re approaching this problem carefully. We’ve focused our efforts on the worst of the worst, on the clear hoaxes spread by spammers for their own gain, and on engaging both our community and third party organizations,”

Facebook vice president Adam Mosseri said in a press release Thursday.NiemanLab notes that Facebook will be relying on four fact-check organizations: ABC News, FactCheck.org, PolitiFact and Snopes. (RELATED: Fact-Checking Snopes: Website’s Political ‘Fact-Checker’ Is Just A Failed Liberal Blogger)

In July, The DC caught Snopes lying about the lack of visible American flags at the first day of the Democratic National Convention, claiming an image from the second day of the convention was actually from the first day, in an attempt to debunk a factual story from The DC: (RELATED: Snopes Caught Lying About Lack Of American Flags At Democratic Convention)

Facebook has been under pressure to censor “fake news” — a term which some liberal journalists have applied to their conservative competitors.

Legitimate conservative news organizations like The Blaze or Independent Journal Review (IJR) have been smeared with the fake news label by liberal journalists. (RELATED: Journalists Struggle To Define ‘Fake News’ Even As They Declare War On It) – source

I know that I am putting myself at risk as I write this second piece on Snopes. But truth is truth, and as long as I am able, I will write Truth. If my articles are not published in FB groups, hopefully there are other Conservative websites who will pick them up.

Shalom b’Yeshua

https://grandmageri422.me/

I want to give you an example of how this fact check mess works.  Lets suppose I am a fact check organization, with the task of dealing with this article.  I am the usual leftist, so I hate what it says.  I just go through the article and pick it apart.  

1.  It has been long known that there is no connection between FB and Snopes.  

2.  The idea that Mark Zuckerberg met with the liberal community is not true.  

3.  The notion that these fact check organizations are liberal has been widely discredited.  

4.  Facebook was never under pressure to deal with "fake news."  This notion was shown to be wrong numerous times.  

5.  The Daily Caller is an unreliable source and not to be trusted.  

Overall, the article is filled with misrepresentations and fabrications.  

I just made up everything I wrote.  Still, a gullible public would read what I said, a so-called fact checker, and think I am telling the truth because I say so.  Are all of the things in this article true?  I don't know if they are or not, but I am not going to disbelieve it based on someone who claims to be a fact check organization.  How many times have people been persuaded they are wrong because a confident person just says they are wrong.  You will say the grass is green, and another person says the grass is blue, and you just accept it because they act like they know what they are talking about.  They claim that color is an illusion and our eyes make us see blue as green, but the grass is really blue.  Some people would believe it.  

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58