IGNORED

Why Facebook Protects Liberal Fact Checker Sites

Guest shiloh357

Guest shiloh357
16 hours ago, The_Patriot2017 said:

I'm wondering just how accurate this article really is. I've posted numerous articles bashing both politifact and Snopes and never gotten into any trouble over it. Think I've even gone after ABC a few times.

It probably depends on how high profile you are and the number of friends you have and stuff.   The author of this article is a prolific author and is in tons of groups on FB and her articles are shared thousands of times.    So she is going to get noticed more readily by FB.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest shiloh357
7 hours ago, LadyKay said:

This opinion piece was about posting news stories on FB. So that is why I said that my advice to everyone is not to get your news stories from FB. 

It's more about warning people about posting conservative news on FB, not about getting news from FB.   Liberal sites like FB are about suppressing what they don't agree with.  They can do it, because they are privately owned business.    The problem is that they pretend to protect free speech while they actively suppress that which is not  anti-Christian, anti-America, pro-Communist, pro gay, hard Left values.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

56 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

It's more about warning people about posting conservative news on FB, not about getting news from FB.   Liberal sites like FB are about suppressing what they don't agree with.  They can do it, because they are privately owned business.    The problem is that they pretend to protect free speech while they actively while they suppress that which is not  anti-Christian, anti-America, pro-Communist, pro gay, hard Left values.

I'm on Fb and I have a lot of conservative friends who post all kinds of conservative stuff. With no issue at all. I am calling this stuff thinking the article is questionable. Not based on "fact check" but basses on what I see posted to my Fb wall nearly every day. 

Guest shiloh357
17 minutes ago, LadyKay said:

I'm on Fb and I have a lot of conservative friends who post all kinds of conservative stuff. With no issue at all. I am calling this stuff thinking the article is questionable. Not based on "fact check" but basses on what I see posted to my Fb wall nearly every day. 

It depends on who is posting it, though.   I post conservative stuff with no problem.   But as I pointed out to Pat, this woman posts in several groups.  I mean, she is in A LOT of groups and she writes her own articles and posts her materials.   She doesn't merely share what someone else has said.   She posts articles of her own and her stuff is shared thousands of times through many groups and so she has a much higher profile presence on FB than the average person.   And so she is censored by FB.   There are other high profile conservatives like her on FB that get in trouble for their articles and videos because they are heavily critical of the far Left agenda and personalities, which Mark Zuckerberg supports and promotes on  a regular basis.

The article is not questionable.   Reports about this have been surfacing for several months, now.   FB has tried to pretend they are addressing the issue, but they are not.  Even mainstream news outlets have noticed that actively FB suppresses conservative views.

And because "fact checkers"  are assumed to be infallible and impartial, the fact that they demonstrate a Leftist bent is ignored by those who are Leftists who use Snopes as a club to bludgeon those that Leftists disagree with and shut down conversations.    There is an unspoken attitude that once Snopes has spoken, you are expected to sit down and  shut up, because Snopes is the infallible, final authority and the thinking has been done for you.

The hallmark of Leftists is that you are not allowed to disagree with them and fact checkers are often used as a weapon to shut down anyone who has the courage to say something that Lefists don't want to hear.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,604
  • Content Per Day:  3.99
  • Days Won:  21

I am glad that I do not subscribe to social media.
It surprises me considering the worldview that FB supports, that so many Christians want to support its message and adgenda.
I am just on this site. I do not wish to contribute to face's bottom line. I hear they make lots of money.
No problem there. People are still free to choose, but they should not confuse that freedom with other's freedom to lie or tell the truth as they see fit.
It is what it is.

15 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

The article is not questionable.

I question everything. I always have and always will. I'm going to do some poking around and see what more I can find on this issue. Because that is what I do. 

17 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

The hallmark of Leftists is that you are not allowed to disagree with them

I always thought that was how conservatives were. At less it seems that way on this site. This comment is said in fun so don't get mad.  

16 minutes ago, Justin Adams said:

It surprises me considering the worldview that FB supports, that so many Christians want to support its message and adgenda.

What agenda is that? I post many Bible verses on my page and have many times posted testimonies of what God is doing in my life on my FB page.  I have never once ever been told to remove anything. FB has   TOS just as this site does. Truth be told, I have had my post removed from this site and none removed from FB. 

Guest shiloh357
27 minutes ago, LadyKay said:

I question everything. I always have and always will. I'm going to do some poking around and see what more I can find on this issue. Because that is what I do.

When I say the article is not questionable, I mean that it is not maliciously or intentionally presenting false or misleading information.   I don't mean that it is above scrutiny, just to be clear.  

You said it was questionable, as if it is somehow suspect.   I was responding to that claim.

After reading over FB TOS. Another possibility as to why this person got their articular removed from FB or put in FB jail  is that someone they shard it with may have flagged as spam.  I am not saying that is what happen. I am simply giving another possibility of what could have happen.  

Guest shiloh357
24 minutes ago, LadyKay said:

What agenda is that? I post many Bible verses on my page and have many times posted testimonies of what God is doing in my life on my FB page.  I have never once ever been told to remove anything. FB has   TOS just as this site does.

That's probably because you are not as high profile and are not like the author of the OP who is perceived has having a significant sphere of influence on FB and is high profile enough to show up on the radar of FB's censors.   

There are not enough folks working for FB to monitor every single post from every account.   So they address either what is reported, or what they see from more high profile Op-Ed. authors, like the one in the OP.   You and I are not, generally speaking, going to get censored by FB.