• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

42 minutes ago, Cobalt1959 said:

And one takes that risk no matter where they are or where they go.  Because fruit cakes don't just hang out on Web sites.  You are no safer in a Church than you are using the Internet.  Predators go where the prey is.  They choose target-rich environments, including churches.

Yes, although I might not use the word "fruit cake". That is name calling and I do not believe that belongs in the Christian vocabulary.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  33
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  813
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Days Won:  1

9 hours ago, Steve_K said:

Maybe its just me, but I feel like I'm spinning my wheels using dating sites.

Allot of women on those sites claim to be a Christian, yet are not. Another thing they do is post "I want" in their profile. That shows selfishness.

I can't see putting money out that drains me financially  to pay for those sites. 

I've had some negative experiences with women I've met from a certain site. Saying one thing and doing something else, etc.

The fact is, staying single is a better choice than dealing with women with more baggage than the Queen Mary 2.

Had double thoughts if i should reply but let me just be honest to you. This has been not the first nor is this the second time that you have brought this subject up. You had done so few times on chat before and you have posted few times on forums as well, and each of it revolves around the same internet dating issues and your bitterness against these women you met online, offend labelling them in demeaning ways, and these women would include your exwife. You mentioned "than women with baggage more than Queen Mary 2". Now let's see, who doesn't have baggage in life? Everyone does, so do you, Steve.

Well having said this, and you already know your online soul mate hunt isn't bearing any good fruits, but instead you seem to still go to these online dating sites then come here to vent...again. Nothing wrong with expressing yourself but, i don't know what you are expecting on these sites and the category or age of women you aim for... i mean forgive me, in all my years of chatting, ive never used a dating site, so i dont know how exactly they work and for me, if i hv to pay to find a partner...Forget it.

I met my husband through social media, but of course we met in real life afterwards too, since we lived and worked at the same city area at that point of time. Then intro and met each others parents, and the conversation about marriage was brought up eventually etc. Again... i come from different culture of how dating and marriages take place and are perceived here. In fact, the love marriage step I took has actually deviated from the traditional "arrange marriage" my culture normally practices. (Times have change)  Still.. the hopes, dreams and basic foundation of anyone wanting to have a life partner are still the same or similar.

Anyway, my question to you is, Steve...."what exactly are you looking for now that everything has been said and done?" ... "What do you want?" No need to answer me, it isn't my business, just putting it up here. And no, women placing their "wants" up there has nothing to do with selfishness, rather they do not want to waste time knowing men that do not align with their needs (or wants). It is about time you do the same too, if not you would only receive "baggages". 

I just think you need to first have a spirit of forgiveness in your heart as there are too much bitterness (understandably of course) towards these women who were around but things didn't go as you hoped for. I do feel for you on that. But perhaps it is time to take a different measure this time. Perhaps when you truly forgive and have a open heart and mind towards reality of things, blessings shall come... who knows? God bless you, Steve. Forgive me if my reply came as being disrespectful to you. That's never my intention.

• Loved it! 1
  • Thanks 1

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  626
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  0

16 hours ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

The problem with christain websites is they promote adultery

and if its non christain one has no biz  on it.

Okay what do I mean by adultery.     IF a man or woman puts away their spouse save for fornication

and remarry another they commit adultery.   JESUS said it , I sing it .    If the spouse did not cheat or is not dead,   Do not date , no.

For so long as the husband lives IF she be married to another she shall be called an adulteress.

And I don't matter who puts away who.  the one put away cannot even remarry.      Just truth to ponder on Steve.   ponder on it , and ponder long on it.

For the words of JESUS cannot be changed nor altered and any who does so walks in death.   its that serious.  

Some still know that God don't honor gay marriage but what many don't know anymore is he sure don't honor adultery either.  

we cant pick and choose which sayings of JESUS to keep or omit.    ITS that serious and if I did not remind , then how could I say I walk In the LOVE of CHRIST.

Christian dating sites do not promote adultery. However they, like any other dating site, make it easy for adultery to occur. Anyone can post on a dating site to find a potential spouse or whatever. No people choose to commit adultery whether it is through a website or not. A christian dating website can be used for good or it can be used for evil. It is however the user decides how to use it. 

As for the adultery part I do agree. Scripture is pretty clear on marriage and remarriage and yes if the two divorced people remarry it is adultery. When you take Matthew 5:32 "But I tell you that anyone who divorces his wife, except for sexual immorality, makes her the victim of adultery, and anyone who marries a divorced woman commits adultery." and then I Corinthians 7:10-11 "To the married I give this command (not I, but the Lord): A wife must not separate from her husband. But if she does, she must remain unmarried or else be reconciled to her husband. And a husband must not divorce his wife.", you get a pretty clear principle that it is adultery. I guess you could say, "Well these scriptures only apply to a divorced woman" however the principle is there and it applies to the man as well.

Sadly though there are those that don't want to here this stuff because it goes against what they want to do. Reconciliation is a must with your spouse regardless of what was done and if the does not occur then the scripture says you must remain single until that reconciliation occurs. Now this is just my interpretation of what scripture teaches and I am sure there are others more qualified to speak on this matter than I am. 

Bottom line is divorce, remarriage (under the wrong circumstances) and adultery cheapen the meaning of marriage and the picture that it represents. I am thankful that Jesus Christ is faithful even when we are not. If he was unfaithful what a sham we would be living in. But thankfully He is not and is greater than all our faults and running from Him as much as we do. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  1,573
  • Content Per Day:  0.51

21 hours ago, Steve_K said:

Maybe its just me, but I feel like I'm spinning my wheels using dating sites.

Allot of women on those sites claim to be a Christian, yet are not. Another thing they do is post "I want" in their profile. That shows selfishness.

I can't see putting money out that drains me financially  to pay for those sites. 

I've had some negative experiences with women I've met from a certain site. Saying one thing and doing something else, etc.

The fact is, staying single is a better choice than dealing with women with more baggage than the Queen Mary 2.

You have to be extremely careful of these sites, certainly if you are a man and especially if you are a woman as no one is ever vetted on these sites so its (for lack of a better way to put it), Buyer Beware.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  1,573
  • Content Per Day:  0.51

16 hours ago, 4LdKHVCzRDj2 said:

It took me some time to understand this as well. I still have some desire to marry, but sometimes I feel it is not for me. But with God's help I have learned not to be anxious about it.

If God wanted you to marry be assured in time He will lead you to the right person

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  220
  • Content Per Day:  0.09

19 hours ago, Eastern Star said:

Had double thoughts if i should reply but let me just be honest to you. This has been not the first nor is this the second time that you have brought this subject up. You had done so few times on chat before and you have posted few times on forums as well, and each of it revolves around the same internet dating issues and your bitterness against these women you met online, offend labelling them in demeaning ways, and these women would include your exwife. You mentioned "than women with baggage more than Queen Mary 2". Now let's see, who doesn't have baggage in life? Everyone does, so do you, Steve.

Well having said this, and you already know your online soul mate hunt isn't bearing any good fruits, but instead you seem to still go to these online dating sites then come here to vent...again. Nothing wrong with expressing yourself but, i don't know what you are expecting on these sites and the category or age of women you aim for... i mean forgive me, in all my years of chatting, ive never used a dating site, so i dont know how exactly they work and for me, if i hv to pay to find a partner...Forget it.

I met my husband through social media, but of course we met in real life afterwards too, since we lived and worked at the same city area at that point of time. Then intro and met each others parents, and the conversation about marriage was brought up eventually etc. Again... i come from different culture of how dating and marriages take place and are perceived here. In fact, the love marriage step I took has actually deviated from the traditional "arrange marriage" my culture normally practices. (Times have change)  Still.. the hopes, dreams and basic foundation of anyone wanting to have a life partner are still the same or similar.

Anyway, my question to you is, Steve...."what exactly are you looking for now that everything has been said and done?" ... "What do you want?" No need to answer me, it isn't my business, just putting it up here. And no, women placing their "wants" up there has nothing to do with selfishness, rather they do not want to waste time knowing men that do not align with their needs (or wants). It is about time you do the same too, if not you would only receive "baggages". 

I just think you need to first have a spirit of forgiveness in your heart as there are too much bitterness (understandably of course) towards these women who were around but things didn't go as you hoped for. I do feel for you on that. But perhaps it is time to take a different measure this time. Perhaps when you truly forgive and have a open heart and mind towards reality of things, blessings shall come... who knows? God bless you, Steve. Forgive me if my reply came as being disrespectful to you. That's never my intention.

Tan. respectfully, you have no clue about me or my life. 

• Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  33
  • Content Count:  813
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Days Won:  1

3 hours ago, Steve_K said:

True. I don't. But i only commented on what you have shared with us so far... Anyway, i am sorry if what i have said has no truth nor value in it at all. Tc. 

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.34
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

8 hours ago, Jaydog1976 said:

Christian dating sites do not promote adultery. However they, like any other dating site, make it easy for adultery to occur. Anyone can post on a dating site to find a potential spouse or whatever. No people choose to commit adultery whether it is through a website or not. A christian dating website can be used for good or it can be used for evil. It is however the user decides how to use it. 

As for the adultery part I do agree. Scripture is pretty clear on marriage and remarriage and yes if the two divorced people remarry it is adultery. When you take Matthew 5:32 "But I tell you that anyone who divorces his wife, except for sexual immorality, makes her the victim of adultery, and anyone who marries a divorced woman commits adultery." and then I Corinthians 7:10-11 "To the married I give this command (not I, but the Lord): A wife must not separate from her husband. But if she does, she must remain unmarried or else be reconciled to her husband. And a husband must not divorce his wife.", you get a pretty clear principle that it is adultery. I guess you could say, "Well these scriptures only apply to a divorced woman" however the principle is there and it applies to the man as well.

Sadly though there are those that don't want to here this stuff because it goes against what they want to do. Reconciliation is a must with your spouse regardless of what was done and if the does not occur then the scripture says you must remain single until that reconciliation occurs. Now this is just my interpretation of what scripture teaches and I am sure there are others more qualified to speak on this matter than I am. 

Bottom line is divorce, remarriage (under the wrong circumstances) and adultery cheapen the meaning of marriage and the picture that it represents. I am thankful that Jesus Christ is faithful even when we are not. If he was unfaithful what a sham we would be living in. But thankfully He is not and is greater than all our faults and running from Him as much as we do. 

Stand strong now.   if any comes no matter HOW more qualified they seem, yet twist JESUS sayings, NEVER HEED IT ONCE.   I learned something

it don't matter how kind , caring or well meaning one may sound.  IF they bring any snare , that is, any way AROUND one of JESUS sayings.  ITS a lie. 

we have an enemy and its very clever.  His job is one thing and one alone .   Get us to disobey JESUS no matter what .    You, me, man,   Who knows the law

better, who knows the rightly divided way a man should live the law better, me , you, OR JESUS .  exactly ITS JESUS.  what he has said IS and cannot be unbroken. 

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.34
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

6 hours ago, Steve_K said:

physcoloy never works.    least not with me.    an example is, if one is in error,   I see the error, it don't matter WHY they erred , it only matters that they erred

and thus Correction must be given.    Eve used it , adam used it.   stead of repenting of the evil they blamed their circumstances.  aka eve blamed the serpent

adam blamed the wife.  Yet cant none of those MAKE us sin.  They can tempt us , but they cant MAKE us err. WE ERR and its our own fault when we do.

Whether you see it or not,   I DO.  you have resentment and bitterness in you.    your circumstances are not to blame.    I have many circumstances

when people do me wrong.  ITS my fault if I allow it to spring into bitterness and resentment.    GOD forgave ME, I Let all things done against me GO and forgive the other.

Now go and do likewise by the power of true grace.    don't blame ,    for all are evil and none is good .  ONLY GOD IS GOOD.   be quick to forgive as you have been forgiven for Christs

sake alone.  LET IT GO STEVE.  your drowing in misery.

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  626
  • Content Per Day:  0.23

7 hours ago, TheMatrixHasU71 said:

You have to be extremely careful of these sites, certainly if you are a man and especially if you are a woman as no one is ever vetted on these sites so its (for lack of a better way to put it), Buyer Beware.

Problem with dating sites is that there are a number of men that pose as women. So you never really know who is on the other end of the internet. Plenty of predators out there to play with your mind. Caution is definitely warranted.

• Thumbs Up 1