• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

22 hours ago, Cobalt1959 said:

And this rational always amazes me.  Like internet dating sites are the only place you will meet someone that is jacked up.  Are your chances greater of meeting a creeper on an Internet site?  Probably.  But creepers are everywhere.  And they look for victims everywhere, not just the Internet because they are creatures of opportunity.  I met my wife on an Internet dating site and we've been married 16 years.

Well no one said that ALL people on dating sites are shady nor that one couldn't meet their soul mate there.  We are all just talking about the perils of dealing with the unknown.  But, yes, you're right, one can meet absolute scumbags out in the real world just as easily.  That's nice that you met your wife on one of those sites, Cobalt, and I'm happy for you.  But you do know you're the exception rather than the rule, right?

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  220
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0

8 hours ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

physcoloy never works.    least not with me.    an example is, if one is in error,   I see the error, it don't matter WHY they erred , it only matters that they erred

and thus Correction must be given.    Eve used it , adam used it.   stead of repenting of the evil they blamed their circumstances.  aka eve blamed the serpent

adam blamed the wife.  Yet cant none of those MAKE us sin.  They can tempt us , but they cant MAKE us err. WE ERR and its our own fault when we do.

Whether you see it or not,   I DO.  you have resentment and bitterness in you.    your circumstances are not to blame.    I have many circumstances

when people do me wrong.  ITS my fault if I allow it to spring into bitterness and resentment.    GOD forgave ME, I Let all things done against me GO and forgive the other.

Now go and do likewise by the power of true grace.    don't blame ,    for all are evil and none is good .  ONLY GOD IS GOOD.   be quick to forgive as you have been forgiven for Christs

sake alone.  LET IT GO STEVE.  your drowing in misery.

You have a right to your opinion. I respect that.

7 hours ago, MorningGlory said:

Well no one said that ALL people on dating sites are shady nor that one couldn't meet their soul mate there.  We are all just talking about the perils of dealing with the unknown.  But, yes, you're right, one can meet absolute scumbags out in the real world just as easily.  That's nice that you met your wife on one of those sites, Cobalt, and I'm happy for you.  But you do know you're the exception rather than the rule, right?

Agreed, MG. A while ago, I met several women from a site that were totally dishonest. I even drove 2 hours for one woman. NEVER AGAIN.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.35
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

1 minute ago, Steve_K said:

You have a right to your opinion. I respect that.

Steve.  don't you want the JOY of the LORD.   Also grudge not one against another.    Let this all go.  forget it .   Forgive and move onward.

When you pray forgive others their trespasses against you.  For if you forgive others , my Father which is in heaven will forgive you your trespasses,

but if you forgive not others their trespasses, now take a deep breath steve,   MY Father WILL NOT forgive you yours.   that don't end well.

The thing is steve, when true grace enters into one, like me,   it led me right into the holy scrips.    It did not take long for me to see how dark and wicked I WAS

and how truly dire I NEEDED CHRIST .   it became also REAL EASY for me to forgive anyone who wrongs me.  cause I KNEW how much evil I had done and did against both

God and man.  YET I was forgiven , not because of me, but for WHAT CHRIST DID and not only that , GOD , HIS grace led me to CHRIST .  Yes steve

I was led from darkness.  I did not lead myself out  , GOD drew me out .  ITS ALL by his grace.  I SEE THIS IS LOVE

yet if I have not HIS LOVE in me, if I cannot forgive people their grain of sand wrong they do against me, YET GoD forgave me for a mountain of those grains

THEN how on earth is GODS LOVE really in me.  the LOVE that desires none to perish.  Steve.  truly you should let it all go and really just start over .

pick up the bible and just feast on the sayings of Christ and they will cleanse the mind .  

38 minutes ago, Cobalt1959 said:

I know other people that have had success as well, but yes, I feel personally that it is the exception, and not the norm.  But once again, that rational extends to any venue one chooses to seek out a mate.  Christians are repeatedly told to look for a mate in a Church like prospective spouses are sprouting out of the ground like spring daffodils.   Is that rational any more realistic?  Full disclosure:  The very first girl I ever dated, I found at the church I attended at the time.  I was head-over-heels for her and the actually reason she dated me a few times was because she was trying to make someone else at the church that she liked jealous.  So the Church is not free of the same drama and games when it comes to spouse-choosing that goes on in the secular world.  Care has to be exercised no matter where one is looking. 

Well that I can agree with.  Especially that potential mates are not sprouting like spring daffodils at church!  Single christian men in my age group are not too plentiful...anywhere.  But, if the Lord wills it, I will meet a nice Christian man.  If He does not then I won't.  But I'm always happy for others when they meet the person they have been looking for.

8 hours ago, Jaydog1976 said:

Problem with dating sites is that there are a number of men that pose as women. So you never really know who is on the other end of the internet. Plenty of predators out there to play with your mind. Caution is definitely warranted.

Catfish again

5 minutes ago, Steve_K said:

Agreed, MG. A while ago, I met several women from a site that were totally dishonest. I even drove 2 hours for one woman. NEVER AGAIN.

Women have to be even more careful.  I would NEVER go to meet a strange man...anywhere.  Sorry to hear about your bad experiences but it goes back to 'Catfish'.  My goodness, some of those women post pictures they steal from FB pages of beautiful women and then they turn out to be 400 pound couch potatoes.  I'm not sure why anyone would do those things unless they have mental issues.  but the worst part is hurting other people with their lies.

7 hours ago, MorningGlory said:

Women have to be even more careful.  I would NEVER go to meet a strange man...anywhere.  Sorry to hear about your bad experiences but it goes back to 'Catfish'.  My goodness, some of those women post pictures they steal from FB pages of beautiful women and then they turn out to be 400 pound couch potatoes.  I'm not sure why anyone would do those things unless they have mental issues.  but the worst part is hurting other people with their lies.

MG, Catfish is a very good show. I met a woman like that. She said she had a "few extra pounds". All I could think of when I saw her was "Mount Reiner" or whatever. You're right, whacko.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.24
  • Days Won:  115

Is this thread going anywhere?  If this continues to be all about you issues with dating, then perhaps the mans lounge is the best place for this thread. 

• Thanks 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  950
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,532
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

11 hours ago, OneLight said:

Is this thread going anywhere?  If this continues to be all about you issues with dating, then perhaps the mans lounge is the best place for this thread. 

May  I place my commentary  from the peanut gallery first? 

I love my Russian Catalogue bride. She is perfect, absolutely perfect.  She doesn't cook and I hate to eat in. She doesn't do dishes and I never use them at home.  She is younger than me and loves older men, me at least. 

Now seriously; I romanced my present wife  over the internet on a Christian website. Bad bad me.

Started out on a light hearted thread about old love songs. Real geezers posted about their dating their wives, back before music had notes. Others got around to early rock and roll times and love of cars, etc. I used a lot of songs from just before my own "time" for I  like the music.  

Then she posted, Hello is it me you're looking for?- Lionel Richie;  I posted "Starting A New Life"- Van Morrison.  We countered back and forth in the middle of dozens of other posts by individuals on the board.  We met soon after at the River Walk  San Antonio, and decided we would marry. No one on the message board seemed ever catch on, and all were quite stunned when we finally announced that we had married. 

My bride and I are about to celebrate our first anniversary!  She loves me enough to stay with this "bargain"  for a year now, how bout that?

So, What's love and romance for to do with it? Everything! Absolutely everything.

Edited by Neighbor
  • Praise God! 1