• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.24
  • Days Won:  115

48 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

May  I place my commentary  from the peanut gallery first? 

I love my Russian Catalogue bride. She is perfect, absolutely perfect.  She doesn't cook and I hate to eat in. She doesn't do dishes and I never use them at home.  She is younger than me and loves older men, me at least. 

Now seriously; I romanced my present wife  over the internet on a Christian website. Bad bad me.

Started out on a light hearted thread about old love songs. Real geezers posted about their dating their wives, back before music had notes. Others got around to early rock and roll times and love of cars, etc. I used a lot of songs from just before my own "time" for I  like the music.  

Then she posted, Hello is it me you're looking for?- Lionel Richie;  I posted "Starting A New Life"- Van Morrison.  We countered back and forth in the middle of dozens of other posts by individuals on the board.  We met soon after a the River Walk  San Antonio, and decided we would marry. No one on the message board seemed ever catch on, and all were quite stunned when we finally announced that we had married. 

My bride and I are about to celebrate our first anniversary!  She loves me enough to stay with this "bargain"  for a year now, how bout that?

So, What's love and romance for to do with it? Everything! Absolutely everything.

Thank you for sharing! 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  950
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,525
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

Vanity is it's own enemy.

I know a mature and older man that lost 37 pounds getting to the point he was walking/slow running  a full five miles a morning in order to be in better form  to go to the San Antonio River  Walk and meet a lady  he had become interested in.

Now don't ask if he kept it off. Or even if he still walks/runs those five miles a day.

Any old geezer that has a desire for a companion had better learn to look in the mirror before thinking  a new companion need look like they think they too once did in days of old. Thing is most of us never did look that way,  and are very unlikely to ever in the future look it either.

I try to think  of the line that it is like being an old Ford truck  with dings dents and some rust to boot. Makes for character, beautiful character lines to be appreciated and cherished for the earning of each of them.

Besides as to the female of the species all are beautiful, for God created them that way!  May all women be protected by many angels from such a vanity in a man if he doesn't know that. For he likely isn't much worth seeing, never mind getting to know. A man should honor what God has made wo-man, specifically because it is good that He did. God saw that Himself and said so. A man should see the glory of her in every form in which she may be manifested by God. 

Amen?  Amen from here.

Edited by Neighbor
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  950
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,525
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

BTW- As a note, this man never ever asked to see a picture nor description of the lady  he was to soon marry. And, she never asked for one of him. A year of cyber romance was built much like a pen pal relationship of old might have been. The meeting at San Antonio River Walk hit a snag when the meeting point was unavailable. Seems we had picked a weekend of a famous rock and roll group's tour concert, and places were jammed. Great eh? Anyway it was  a bit like one of those silly romance movies plot. Complete with - "are you the one I'm looking for" and  a moment of "starting a new life" too. The two songs played out even in that first meeting.

Praises and thanks to God for the fun of it all. In the midst of life's very hard knocks, extremely hard ones, came  an opportunity  for love to flourish yet again.

This 1950 's rock and roll guy met a 1970's  Texas country music gal ( Though she says she grew up on classical music - Yeah sure, me too, that and Broadway Musicals I was really into those-ha) and we have become  Fernando Ortega groupies  traveling to see his few  public concerts. Might make it yet this year but time and opportunity are fast running out. Massachusetts or North Carolina is about all that is left for this year. That and a waiting list at the Cove.

Edited by Neighbor
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  220
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0

22 hours ago, OneLight said:

Is this thread going anywhere?  If this continues to be all about you issues with dating, then perhaps the mans lounge is the best place for this thread. 

I thought this thread was quite productive actually. I've seen allot of different viewpoints. Nothing wrong with that.