IGNORED

WorthyNews: Antibiotic resistance could spell end of modern medicine, says chief medic

WorthyNewsBot

• Group:  Bots
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  39,879
  • Topics Per Day:  6.47
  • Content Count:  44,256
  • Content Per Day:  7.18
  • Days Won:  2

(Worthy News) - England’s chief medical officer has repeated her warning of a “post-antibiotic apocalypse” as she urged world leaders to address the growing threat of antibiotic resistance.

Prof Dame Sally Davies said that if antibiotics lose their effectiveness it would spell “the end of modern medicine”. Without the drugs used to fight infections, common medical interventions such as caesarean sections, cancer treatments and hip replacements would become incredibly risky and transplant medicine would be a thing of the past, she said.

“We really are facing – if we don’t take action now – a dreadful post-antibiotic apocalypse. I don’t want to say to my children that I didn’t do my best to protect them and their children,” Davies said.

Health experts have previously said resistance to antimicrobial drugs could cause a bigger threat to mankind than cancer. In recent years, the UK has led a drive to raise global awareness of the threat posed to modern medicine by antimicrobial resistance (AMR). [ Source: Guardian (Read More...) ]

View the full article

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.22
  • Days Won:  58

Yep he is right. And all of us in the medical community know it. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,604
  • Content Per Day:  3.98
  • Days Won:  21

I understand their point. What is the alternative?

I had to recently suffer quite bad tonsillitis. I could not swallow, and it was hard to lie down and breathe. Eventually the doc relented and gave me a 10 day course. I have never had this before, ever. But the environment I was in was very dusty and with so much construction going on, this kind of thing is prevalent.

I knew the signs, and asked for anti-bi's but they would not give them until I was really suffering badly.

This nation was very heavily industrialized in the past. They call the area I was living in 'The Black Country'.

With all the construction I am sure the air quality is quite bad; old earthen workings are constantly being disturbed and uprooted. Just recently in Birmingham they unearthed a 500 Lb bomb from WWII.  The army had to set it off and damaged a nearby freeway's concrete supports. They had covered the bomb with twelve truck loads of dirt and sand. Then detonated it.

If they ban antibiotics completely, I see there will be problems that they are not really prepared for. 
So my question is: What is the alternative?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,453
  • Content Per Day:  0.53
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  09/23/1991

57 minutes ago, Justin Adams said:

I understand their point. What is the alternative?

Faith.

"And there will be great earthquakes in various places, and famines and pestilences; and there will be fearful sights and great signs from heaven." - Luke 21:11

"Let not your heart be troubled; you believe in God, believe also in Me." - John 14:1

Those who do not have it may experience hard moments, to the point of doing everything (not of faith) to cease their worries.