IGNORED

The "Aramaic Bible in Plain English" translation

Psalms37:4

Guest shiloh357
12 minutes ago, Justin Adams said:

In peace.

I do hope you will read all of this before you pass any hasty judgments. I have not ONCE detracted from the 66 (or 80) books that I read as the Bible. Even though I have been labeled harshly with detrimental names and characteristics because I dare to be a radical. I like the 1611 Authorized version too because I highly respect Tyndale. There are 80 books in the 1611 canon.

You are not entirely correct.   The original 1611  KJV has 66 books of the canon AND it also contains the Apocrypha.   The inclusion of the Apocrypha was not because the translators believed it be canonical.   It was at that time considered valuable only in terms of having historical value.   It was never considered canonical at that time by anyone other than the Roman Catholic cult.

The Apocrypha was kept separate from the OT and NT canons.   It was never included as part either canon.

Again, there is no BC LXX.   It never existed.

There is no such word in Hebrew:  "Yahhashua."  That is made up out of whole cloth.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,604
  • Content Per Day:  3.99
  • Days Won:  21

54 minutes ago, Sojourner414 said:

With that said, a "witch hunt" is defined as: a campaign directed against a person or group holding unorthodox or unpopular views. But when it comes to Scripture, it is more than just an "unpopular view"; it is the battle for the truth.  And in that battle, you would do well to keep in mind that even a drop of poison poisons the water. We cannot endorse or condone a "translation" that plays fast and loose with the word of God, and anyone who calls it a "witch hunt" for seeking to avoid that which perverts it does a tremendous disservice to themselves and anyone/everyone they push this "piece of work " upon.

GOD DOESN'T PLAY GAMES. WE MUST NOT PLAY THEM WITH HIS WORDS EITHER.

Calm down please. If the cap don't fit, don't wear it.

Attitudes like you seem to portray burned Cranmer at the stake in 1552.

You cannot protect GOD's TRUTH. And I do not think the Lord needs you to "steady the Ark" either.
I do not see that TRUTH needs anyone to battle for it - inquisitors do though.

Words are marks on paper. THE WORD is God Himself; is Yeshua: HOLY SPIRIT is a person of the Trinity and is well capable of looking after His Co-Creation. FATHER looks after His affairs and the affairs of men and of angels. The Lord God can breath life and understanding thru whatever medium he chooses. Yes, even a donkey will talk if men need it. 

Guest shiloh357
9 minutes ago, Justin Adams said:

Calm down please. If the cap don't fit, don't wear it.

Attitudes like you seem to portray burned Cranmer at the stake in 1552.

Baloney.  Another fallacious comparison.

You cannot protect GOD's TRUTH. And I do not think the Lord needs you to "steady the Ark" either.
I do not see that TRUTH needs anyone to battle for it - inquisitors do though.

You are not presenting God's truth.   God's truth is found in the 66 books of the ONLY Christian canon.

Protestant doctrine constantly affirms that the apocryphal books were added to the Bible in the 4th century by the Catholic Church because they contain texts which support traditional Catholic and Orthodox teaching and practice, such as the intercession of saints and prayers for the dead, and the performance of good works and almsgiving as a means of deliverance from death and purging of every sin (see The Great Heresies, External links below). Since the Apocrypha were already in the Septuagint Old Testament from before the time of the apostles, and have been an integral part of the Greek Bible as read in the ancient Church and preserved by Eastern Orthodoxy from the 1st century to this day, it is difficult to see how they had been "added". Eastern Church leaders rejected the proposed Protestant canon of 66 books in the Bible.

The Episcopal Church includes the books of the Apocrypha in the cycle of scripture readings in its services, but holds that the apocryphal books are useful for study and edification, but not for doctrine. Most Protestant churches do not use the Apocrypha as scripture at all, and they are not included in standard published editions of Protestant Bibles.

Most Protestant Christians are unaware that numerous quotations in the New Testament are from the Septuagint Old Testament containing the Apocrypha.[14] Protestant doctrine has traditionally affirmed that the books of the Apocrypha were not originally written in Hebrew or Aramaic, presenting this as an additional indication that they cannot be regarded as sacred inspired scripture.

However, Biblical researchers in the 20th and 21st centuries have also discovered that most of the Apocrypha, except the Book of Wisdom (originally written in Greek?), were in fact originally written in Hebrew or Aramaic (Syriac) prior to the Christian era.[15][3] The New Testament quotes from all of the Old Testament Books except Ezra, Nehemiah, Esther, Ecclesiastes, and the Song of Solomon, and the New Testament books themselves were originally written in Greek.[16] This does not mean they are not inspired.

4 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

You are not presenting God's truth.   God's truth is found in the 66 books of the ONLY Christian canon.

Brother. I understand your position. I do not wish there to be enmity here between us. Much of what you say is very good. I enjoy reading your points and posts.
But you might be mistaken in the above statement...

Guest shiloh357
10 minutes ago, Justin Adams said:

Brother. I understand your position. I do not wish there to be enmity here between us. Much of what you say is very good. I enjoy reading your points and posts.
But you might be mistaken in the above statement...

I am not mistaken at all.   There are ONLY 66 books in the Christian Bible.  Period.    If you say otherwise you are promoting false teaching and that is anathema (cursed of God). 

I will do all I can to make sure  as few as possible that are on this board agree with you and that your views are marginalized influence here will be  blunted. 

Guest shiloh357
36 minutes ago, Justin Adams said:

Most Protestant Christians are unaware that numerous quotations in the New Testament are from the Septuagint Old Testament containing the Apocrypha.

That is false.  The Septuagint doesn't exist and never existed BC.  No NT references to the OT are from the Septuagint.   The Septuagint is not referenced until the 2nd Century AD and is part of Origen's Hexpela. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  24
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,459
  • Content Per Day:  0.60
  • Days Won:  2

1 hour ago, shiloh357 said:

That is false.  The Septuagint doesn't exist and never existed BC.  No NT references to the OT are from the Septuagint.   The Septuagint is not referenced until the 2nd Century AD and is part of Origen's Hexpela. 

This is the first statement I've ever read disputing the 3rd to 2nd century or so BC origin of the Septuagint as well as disputing that the Septuagint was used by the early church and likely quoted in the Greek NT.   Upon researching it a bit more, the only groups I found that seem to dispute this are KJV-only groups.  My take on it (based on a quick skim through a few articles) is there seems to be a notion that modern "perversions" were based primarily on the Septuagint rather than the Hebrew text and that attacking the Septuagint is a way to prove modern "perversions" are not reliable.

I'm not going to debate this issue.  I'm just pointing out that most Christians would consider this a fringe viewpoint that is not generally accepted by the majority of Christian scholars.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 4 months later...

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  20

On 10/17/2017 at 4:45 AM, Justin Adams said:

Muslims use bullets.

Walmart sells bullets.

Let's boycott Walmart.

The Aramaic studies sometimes opened people's eyes to various errors, and/or to

seeking YHVH in Yeshua , as YHVH was pleased to do for simple people needing Him;

Walmart though ?  "good?"

oh oh ......  they found "a better mousetrap" /// a way to devastate the usa people ......

Small towns devastated after Wal-Mart Stores Inc decimates mom-and ...

business.financialpost.com › Retail & Marketing › News
Jan 25, 2016 - Small towns devastated after Wal-Mart Stores Inc decimates mom-and-pop shops, then packs up and leaves: 'They ruined our lives'. Though ... The Town'n Country grocery in Oriental, North Carolina, a local fixture for 44 years, closed its doors in October after a Wal-Mart store opened for business. Now ...

Jun 6, 2017 - The harm to small towns was multiplied when Walmart closed 154 stores, leaving some towns without any options for groceries. (Other studies suggest that the biggest victims of Walmart aren't mom-and-pop stores but less successful retailers like Sears and Kmart, and that town residents benefit from lower ...

Jan 25, 2016 - Whenever the mom-and-pop supermarket cut prices, the Walmart would match or undercut them. The store finally succumbed to the inevitable last October, closing up entirely. This is a common enough tragedy in rural America. But what happens when the Walmart itself closes? Until recently, this wasn't ...
Missing: 100000

What happened when Walmart left | US news | The Guardian

Jul 9, 2017 - Much has been written about what happens when the corporate giant opens up in an area, with numerous studies recording how it sucks the energy out of a locality, overpowering the competition through sheer scale and forcing the closure of mom-and-pop stores for up to 20 miles around. A more pressing ...

Jan 29, 2016 - She's talking about "Pettit's," the mom and pop grocery that was a mainstay in this small town for nearly 60 years. "Business - it just quit coming," Larry Deeds, the store's co-owner said. Pettit's closed about nine months after Walmart opened. "It's almost enough to bring a tear to your eye to see all these ...
Missing: 100000

Walmart - Biggest Retailer Abandon Small Towns Around USA

www.themadeinamericamovement.com/.../walmart-abandon-small-towns-around-usa/

Jan 26, 2016 - The Town'n Country grocery in Oriental, North Carolina, a local fixture for 44 years, closed its doors in October after a Walmart store opened for business. ... Though mom-and-pop stores have steadily disappeared across the American landscape over the past three decades as the mega chain methodically ...

• Thumbs Up 1