IGNORED

What will the mark of the beast look like?

Kris

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

I don't know. I do not think that the Bible tells up what the MOB will look like. It is best to be silent where the Bible is silent.

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,986
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  4

32 minutes ago, Kris said:

Revelation 14:9

And a third angel followed them, calling in loud a voice, “If anyone worships the beast and its image, and receives its mark on his forehead or hand, 10he too will drink the wine of God’s anger, poured undiluted into the cup of His wrath. And he will be tormented in fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels and of the Lamb.…

Revelation 20:4

Then I saw the thrones, and those seated on them had been given authority to judge. And I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded for their testimony of Jesus and for the word of God, and those who had not worshiped the beast or its image, and had not received its mark on their foreheads or hands. And they came to life and reigned with Christ for a thousand years.

The first verse you quoted speaks of those who persist in the idolatry of worshiping the false prophet to the end.  It does not say "if anyone worshiped" (past tense) or "received its mark" (past tense).  It it did, I'd agree with you, but it doesn't.  To interpret Revelation 14:9 to support the notion of an idolatrous action being unforgivable runs contrary to what Jesus taught about repentance and forgiveness.

The second verse speaks about those who refused to take the mark or worship the image and were consequently martyred.  They are the ones who kept the word of God's patience and their faith in Jesus.  It doesn't imply a "sealed fate" for those who didn't.

The whole notion of "selling your soul to the devil", that taking the MoB seals one's fate and they are unable to repent, is man's teaching.  Jesus taught repentance for the forgiveness of sins and only identified one sin as unforgivable, and it wasn't idolatry.  To take one passage and twist it into a teaching that runs contrary to what Jesus taught is irresponsible.  Instead, maybe reconsider who Revelation 14:9 is talking about.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  102
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/14/1971

10 minutes ago, Last Daze said:

The first verse you quoted speaks of those who persist in the idolatry of worshiping the false prophet to the end.  It does not say "if anyone worshiped" (past tense) or "received its mark" (past tense).  It it did, I'd agree with you, but it doesn't.  To interpret Revelation 14:9 to support the notion of an idolatrous action being unforgivable runs contrary to what Jesus taught about repentance and forgiveness.

The second verse speaks about those who refused to take the mark or worship the image and were consequently martyred.  They are the ones who kept the word of God's patience and their faith in Jesus.  It doesn't imply a "sealed fate" for those who didn't.

The whole notion of "selling your soul to the devil", that taking the MoB seals one's fate and they are unable to repent, is man's teaching.  Jesus taught repentance for the forgiveness of sins and only identified one sin as unforgivable, and it wasn't idolatry.  To take one passage and twist it into a teaching that runs contrary to what Jesus taught is irresponsible.  Instead, maybe reconsider who Revelation 14:9 is talking about.

Understand what your saying brother, however both verses refer specifically to the MoB. I lean to a literal interpretation and I believe what is written is black and white for all to see. 

Edited by Kris
spelling correction

3 hours ago, GiftofGod said:

Maybe there will be a time to repent of this idolatry.  I'm unaware of a reference to it within scripture.

Jesus infers that such is the case in this passage.

• Behold, I am coming like a thief. Blessed is the one who stays awake and keeps his clothes, so that he will not walk about naked and men will not see his shame.  Revelation 16:15

The context of this verse is between the 6th and 7th plague as the armies are gathering together for Armageddon.  Who is Jesus addressing here if it is not those who repented of the mark and image?  Anyone who managed to make it to that point alive without ever having received his mark or worshiped the image are kept from this time of testing per Rev 3:10.

2 minutes ago, Kris said:

Understand what your saying brother, however both verses refer specifically to the MoB. I lean to a literal interpretation and I believe what is written is black and white for all to see. 

Then hang on to this one:

Truly I say to you, all sins shall be forgiven the sons of men, and whatever blasphemies they utter; but whoever blasphemes against the Holy Spirit never has forgiveness.  Mark 3:28-29a

Either all idolatry is forgivable, or Jesus lied.  My faith is in what Jesus taught.

It would appear that taking the mark of the beast will be a blasphemous act of willful defiance against God. Christ does not save those who do not want to be saved, nor does He save those who reject Him. Receiving the mark of the beast is essentially worshipping Satan. Those who take the mark have made the choice to serve Satan rather than obey God and receive Christ as Savior. When people make that decision during the tribulation, God will grant their request to be eternally separated from Him.

Edited by Kris
Addition

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,957
  • Content Per Day:  0.57

"It would appear that taking the mark of the beast will be a blasphemous act of willful defiance against God."

Exactly .... this is what taking the mark will be

25 minutes ago, Kris said:

It would appear that taking the mark of the beast will be a blasphemous act of willful defiance against God. Receiving the mark of the beast is essentially worshipping Satan. Those who take the mark have made the choice to serve Satan rather than obey God and receive Christ as Savior. When people make that decision during the tribulation, God will grant their request to be eternally separated from Him.

8 minutes ago, Daniel 11:36 said:

"It would appear that taking the mark of the beast will be a blasphemous act of willful defiance against God."

Exactly .... this is what taking the mark will be

The unforgivable sin is specifically blasphemy against the Holy Spirit not just blasphemy.  The people who take it are deceived by the signs and wonders the man of sin performs; they think he is God.  They aren't taking the mark in willful defiance against God.  They are deceived into thinking it shows their support for God.

Anyway, I know most people's minds are already made up concerning the subject, but for those who what to examine it more thoroughly, its something to consider.

Deceived and coerced yes. When one knows the truth and refuses to obey it, he is subject to any lie, any deception, any untruth that man can conjure up.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.40
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

2 hours ago, missmuffet said:

I don't know. I do not think that the Bible tells up what the MOB will look like. It is best to be silent where the Bible is silent.

A major description of it is given.   its something ya wont be able to buy or sell LEST ye have it.

just member that.   one more hint.    The temple, our BODY is not even ours, ITSGODS.   thus never put that wicked thing in or on Gods holy temple.

OH.  its going to be rfid.   I know most don't want to see this , due to they know its here and will be offered.  and most want no difficutly in their life.

ME,  JESUS Fed five thousand , four thousand and GOD took care of ISRAEL in the desert.  SO I SHUN that wicked thing far from my skin  , CORECTION far from GODS TEMPLE.

Render unto ceasar that which is his , and render unto GOD that which is his

BUT NEVER render to ceasar the temple which is GODS ALONE , we been bought , we are not our own .     LOYALTY to GOD alone, not the beasts system which hates GOD .

guess many have forgotten simple truths. You be blessed now dear sister.  ponder and remember.........never give to Caesar that which is GODS ONLY.