• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,240
  • Content Per Day:  2.11
  • Days Won:  4

16 hours ago, Enoch2021 said:

The path taken by the photon is not an element of reality. We are not allowed to talk about the photon passing through this or this slit. Neither are we allowed to say the photon passes through both slits. All this kind of language is not applicable.”
Prof. Anton Zeilinger (Particle Physicist)

"So we have to play this game in two ways, it is particles but it's future is determined by a wave--but 'the wave' is PURELY MATHEMATICAL you cannot put an instrument to measure the energy due to that wave.  It's a CONSTRUCT we use to determine what will happen in this experiment".
Ramamurti Shankar; Professor of Physics, Yale. 
Quantum Mechanics I: The key experiments and wave-particle duality.  (21:03 minute mark.)

Still waiting for you to provide the statements from Professors Zeilinger and Shankar (whom I trust) saying that we cannot know the speed of light with any accuracy, thus supporting your opinion. I trust their opinions, your opinion is completely untrustworthy.

Edited by one.opinion

• Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  3,396
  • Content Per Day:  0.90
  • Birthday:  12/26/1963

7 minutes ago, one.opinion said:

Still waiting for you to provide the statements from Professors Zeilinger and Shankar (whom I trust) saying that we cannot know the speed of light with any accuracy...

1.   They don't need to 'explicitly' say it, it's IMPLICIT in their comments about PHOTONS (Light).

2.  As noted with "Moreover" and "Furthermore" --- indicating 'additional' supporting evidence, the Main Points (that you WHOLESALE DODGED and continue to DODGE) were made before Professors Zeilinger and Shankar offered their testimony.  Shouldn't you refute the former before diving into the latter?

thus supporting your opinion.

It's not my 'opinion'... which you would have known if you hadn't WHOLESALE DODGED my evidence laden post.

I trust their opinions, your opinion is completely untrustworthy.

1.  Ad Hom Fallacy.

2.  It's not their 'opinions' either, it's their FACTS ...based on Literally Thousands of Experiments, without exception.

ps.  Since your "Appeal to Authority" 'Crashed and Burned' you then haphazardly careened to the next trainwreck, the Ipse Dixit Fallacy: "taking two quotes out of scientific context".  Are you gonna SUPPORT this at some point, or is this just another...in a LONG LIST of Baseless Stab in the Dark debacles for us to add to the Trash Heap?

regards

1 minute ago, Enoch2021 said:

ps.  Since your "Appeal to Authority" 'Crashed and Burned' you then haphazardly careened to the next trainwreck, the Ipse Dixit Fallacy: "taking two quotes out of scientific context".  Are you gonna SUPPORT this at some point, or is this just another...in a LONG LIST of Baseless Stab in the Dark debacles for us to add to the Trash Heap?

I'm just waiting on evidence that they are saying what you claim they are saying. Until that evidence is apparent, I will continue to assume that you are misusing their words. This is a classic appeal to authority fallacy. As I said, once you produce the evidence, I will genuinely apologize.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,604
  • Content Per Day:  3.98
  • Days Won:  21

Douay-Rheims Bible  Is: 42:5
Thus saith the Lord God that created the heavens, and stretched them out: that established the earth, and the things that spring out of it: that giveth breath to the people upon it, and spirit to them that tread thereon. 

• Group:  Seeker
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  423
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  0

23 hours ago, one.opinion said:

In October 2016, astronomers found a tremendously bright supernova (designated SMCN 2016-10a) in the Small Magellanic Cloud, a small, irregular galaxy about 200,000 light years from earth. The results were published about a week ago (https://arxiv.org/pdf/1710.03716.pdf). It is fascinating to learn about events like this and think about the size, scale, and energy involved in such events. It also makes me wonder how one would explain this from a young earth viewpoint. If the universe is only ~6,000 years old, then this supernova (and any other astronomical event more distant than 6,000 light years) never really happened and God "fabricated" an explosive interaction between two stars. Or is there a better explanation that I can't think of?

Did you see very recently... was in news in UK last few days 2 neutron stars colliding? Observed and the gravitational waves measured on earth...as per Einsteinian prediction. Observation as corroborated all over and the world's telescopes pointed to it.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.independent.co.uk/news/science/neutron-star-collision-gravitational-waves-gold-metal-precious-ligo-a8003146.html%3famp

Everything so far discovered seems to be obeying physical law... we're yet to prove God made stars collide or supernova. These massive events throwing out material can cause new stars to be born in stellar nursery from triggering the collapse of material...new solar systems... planets and maybe life. 

2 minutes ago, Kevinb said:

Everything so far discovered seems to be obeying physical law... we're yet to prove God made stars collide or supernova. These massive events throwing out material can cause new stars to be born in stellar nursery from triggering the collapse of material...new solar systems... planets and maybe life. 

I agree that physical laws do a great job of explaining natural phenomena. I just believe that there is an author of those physical laws. I don't see any reason to reject the existence of God because physical laws tell us so much about how nature works.

4 minutes ago, Kevinb said:

Did you see very recently... was in news in UK last few days 2 neutron stars colliding? Observed and the gravitational waves measured on earth...as per Einsteinian prediction. Observation as corroborated all over and the world's telescopes pointed to it.

I did see this, it was amazing! It wasn't huge news over here, though. Most of the news in the States lately has been related to either politics or the latest natural disaster :-(

1 hour ago, Justin Adams said:

Thus saith the Lord God that created the heavens, and stretched them out: that established the earth, and the things that spring out of it: that giveth breath to the people upon it, and spirit to them that tread thereon. 

Thanks, Justin, I agree with this completely! It is just my contention that our ability to view these events supports the concept of an ancient creation of the universe.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,604
  • Content Per Day:  3.98
  • Days Won:  21

1 minute ago, one.opinion said:

Thanks, Justin, I agree with this completely! It is just my contention that our ability to view these events supports the concept of an ancient creation of the universe.

Interesting. I tend towards young earth. That all may be seen to happen in roughly a 7,000 year period.

(Much longer and I tend to think the lord would get bored.)

It is not readily provable either way, but if the Genesis narrative is correct, and the Lord God walked with Adam, then perhaps the earth was the epicenter.

If that is the case, then stretching out the heavens from the locale of earth; like if you threw a fire-work away from you. The light trail is extant from the point of origin no matter how far you throw it.

• Group:  Seeker
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  423
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  0

5 minutes ago, one.opinion said:

I agree that physical laws do a great job of explaining natural phenomena. I just believe that there is an author of those physical laws. I don't see any reason to reject the existence of God because physical laws tell us so much about how nature works.

Maybe...i don't say there definitely isn't. How do we get to proving an author and linking causation to one? We can investigate the physical and natural but how do we leap to supernatural? I understand you don't see a reason to reject. My view is I don't see a reason to believe... the default position here being not to believe in an author till you can demonstrate one...however believing one on faith will get you there course but I need the evidence... one can believe anything on faith. That said I still see these events in our galaxy or others as amazing and completely fascinating.

6 minutes ago, Justin Adams said:

If that is the case, then stretching out the heavens from the locale of earth; like if you threw a fire-work away from you. The light trail is extant from the point of origin no matter how far you throw it.

Thanks for the explanation, I can see the point you are making now. Just my opinion again, but... If all matter of the universe originated at the earth and extended from there, the gravitational effects on the planet would be rather disastrous.

8 minutes ago, Justin Adams said:

(Much longer and I tend to think the lord would get bored.)

I'm going to guess boredom is limited to us humans. God is eternal, after all.