reoccuring day dream

• Group:  Newbie
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

so i keep having this day dream of my hand reaching out from darkness grasping what i believe to be Jesus's hand, it comesand goes it use to be just my hand reaching but never grasping but it has changed, I'm having a bit of trouble interpreting this

Edited by tylern

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  86
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  6,851
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  11/10/1986

Dreams often don't have any deep meanings, and interpreting them is a tricky thing that can easily lead to misinformation and false teachings.

Jesus died for our sins, so that we might be saved by believing in Him. Have you committed your heart by faith to Him? Asked Him to cleanse you of your sins and to help you live for God's will alone? That's what matters. You can know if you're saved or not, without any dreams or special deeds or actions.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  9
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/21/1991

I strongly disagree with BK110 above that dreams don't have any deep meanings, and that interpreting them is a tricky thing , on the contrary, dreams have a significant importance in our day to day life, there are scriptures to prove this as well.

Some Biblical facts about dreams;

1. A recurring dream is a serious warning/communication from God;

As in the case of Pharaoh's two dreams ( Genesis 41), Joseph had two dreams talking about his destiny ( Genesis 37:5-10 ).

Why does God give us recurring dreams ? Because God always confirms what He says to you one way or another

2 Corinthians 13:1

This is the third time I am coming to you. In the mouth of two or three witnesses shall every word be established.

2. Dreams are often the first place the devil attacks a person  (non believers dream too);

Matthew 13:25

25 But while men slept, his enemy came and sowed tares among the wheat, and went his way.

3. Dreams were and still are used as communication by God to man in addition to visions, revelations, prophecies etc;

Job 33:14-18

14 For God speaketh once, yea twice, yet man perceiveth it not.

15 In a dream, in a vision of the night, when deep sleep falleth upon men, in slumberings upon the bed;

16 Then he openeth the ears of men, and sealeth their instruction,

17 That he may withdraw man from his purpose, and hide pride from man.

18 He keepeth back his soul from the pit, and his life from perishing by the sword.

4. Dreams can only be interpreted through the Holy Spirit, there is no guess work here, it is a gift;

So if you don't understand a dream, ask Him to give you the interpretation. Ask and you shall receive. It's in your best interest to know.

Genesis 41:15-16

15 And Pharaoh said unto Joseph, I have dreamed a dream, and there is none that can interpret it: and I have heard say of thee, that thou canst understand a dream to interpret it.

16 And Joseph answered Pharaoh, saying, It is not in me: God shall give Pharaoh an answer of peace.

Notable dreams in the Bible;

Jacobs dream of a ladder to heaven and Gods promise - Genesis 28:10-22

Pharaohs dream of 7 years of famine & plenty -Genesis 41

Nebuchadnezzar's dream  - Daniel 2 

Angel telling Joseph to marry Mary - Genesis 1:20

Joseph told to flee to Egypt -  Matthew 2:13

Wise men told to use a new route - Mathew 2:12

Joseph told to return to Israel - Mathew 2:10

Paul instructed to go to Macedonia - Acts 16:9-15

One hindrance to dream interpretation is when the dreamer doesn't expound as much details as possible, so tylern please tell us your dream with more detail, including things such as your emotional state in the dream, the whole ambience of the dream etc

God bless.

Edited by BloodofJesus