Waiting for the healing

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  15
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

My husband has ALS and we are praying daily for his healing. He is fighting with all his might and there  is a group of friends at our church who pray for him daily as well. We meet with them every 2 weeks to pray for his healing. I have a formula when I pray for him: Praise God!, Thank God for all he has done, Thank God for the healing, Pray for the healing. (At home, on my own and with my husband, when I pray I ask for his forgiveness for my sins and ask for the strength to keep on going too.) But my husband is getting worse so today we go to an appointment about getting a permanent feeding tube placed in his stomach and while I now believe he will be healed I don't know when, so this is hard to take in. His speech is worse and he's so tired he had to miss a ministry team meeting tonight (he runs it). He can't eat anything which isn't soft so fresh fruit and raw vegetables are banned along with favourites such as toast! I'm waiting for the healing, but with less patience because it's only been 4 months since his diagnosis and this disease is rapidly taking him from me piece by piece. Is being inpatient a bad thing? Should I continue to be serene and smile happily even though my instinct is question the timing? I'm trying so hard not to question God and to remember that His is the peace which passes all understanding. But when it's really life or death it's tough. Especially when he's only 49 and I have lots of jobs around the house he needs to do;)

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  86
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  6,828
  • Content Per Day:  2.43
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  11/10/1986

So sorry for your pain and sadness! Praying for you!

I know it might be hard, very very hard, but have you prayed for God's will to be done? As terrible as it is to think about, perhaps it is not God's will that your husband be healed from this. I'm certainly not suggesting that you shouldn't pray for healing, but we cannot know who God will and will not heal. Have you prepared your heart for all possibilities?

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  649
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Days Won:  0

4 hours ago, Jul said:

My husband has ALS and we are praying daily for his healing. He is fighting with all his might and there  is a group of friends at our church who pray for him daily as well. We meet with them every 2 weeks to pray for his healing. I have a formula when I pray for him: Praise God!, Thank God for all he has done, Thank God for the healing, Pray for the healing. (At home, on my own and with my husband, when I pray I ask for his forgiveness for my sins and ask for the strength to keep on going too.) But my husband is getting worse so today we go to an appointment about getting a permanent feeding tube placed in his stomach and while I now believe he will be healed I don't know when, so this is hard to take in. His speech is worse and he's so tired he had to miss a ministry team meeting tonight (he runs it). He can't eat anything which isn't soft so fresh fruit and raw vegetables are banned along with favourites such as toast! I'm waiting for the healing, but with less patience because it's only been 4 months since his diagnosis and this disease is rapidly taking him from me piece by piece. Is being inpatient a bad thing? Should I continue to be serene and smile happily even though my instinct is question the timing? I'm trying so hard not to question God and to remember that His is the peace which passes all understanding. But when it's really life or death it's tough. Especially when he's only 49 and I have lots of jobs around the house he needs to do;)

I will pray for your husband's healing and for your assurance as well .

Assurance that  whether or not the Lord provides physical healing the one thing we can always be sure of is that Jesus hears our cry .

And because He always hears the cry of His children we can be assured that no matter what the circumstance , He will provide His Holy Spirit to give us strength for the 

day .

To lift us up from the adversity of this  world and plant our feet upon the solid rock and put a new song in our mouths .

" I waited patiently for the Lord and He heard my cry . He set my feet upon a rock , and put a new song in my mouth "  ( Psalm 40 1-3)

Edited by Unfailing Presence