GodsGirl123

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  5
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

I got into an agrument with my bf and I said I didnt anything to do with the holy spirit, the holy spirit is evil...bc I wanted to hold onto my anger...my bf made a reference to I wasnt walking in the spirit such as being slow to anger etc...(and at the time I really dont like when he used God on me to shut me up bc I wanted to continue to talk on whatever we were arguing) that's what lead me to say those things. The funny thing about that is, I knew to be very careful about what I said about the holy spirit so I was kinda contemplating which word I said bc I didnt want it to be used against me..  and I made the mistake to choose the word "evil"....and after that, I was very worried and gain false security through the internet of what the unpardonable sin is really all about. Thoughts and advice? Am I doomed or is there still hope?

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,280
  • Content Per Day:  1.25
  • Days Won:  2

On 9/16/2019 at 7:30 PM, Nohope said:

I got into an agrument with my bf and I said I didnt anything to do with the holy spirit, the holy spirit is evil...bc I wanted to hold onto my anger...my bf made a reference to I wasnt walking in the spirit such as being slow to anger etc...(and at the time I really dont like when he used God on me to shut me up bc I wanted to continue to talk on whatever we were arguing) that's what lead me to say those things. The funny thing about that is, I knew to be very careful about what I said about the holy spirit so I was kinda contemplating which word I said bc I didnt want it to be used against me..  and I made the mistake to choose the word "evil"....and after that, I was very worried and gain false security through the internet of what the unpardonable sin is really all about. Thoughts and advice? Am I doomed or is there still hope?

If you didn't mean it, and God is still convicting you, I would think there is still hope, but I don't know for sure.  Pray.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

Blasphemy against the Holy Spirit is denying God. Anyone who denies God will not go to heaven. 

• Group:  Catholic
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  591
  • Content Per Day:  0.35

On ‎10‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 3:00 PM, Last Daze said:

It's not so much the words that are spoken as it is the underlying cause.

• The good man out of the good treasure of his heart brings forth what is good; and the evil man out of the evil treasure brings forth what is evil; for his mouth speaks from that which fills his heart.  Luke 6:45

great comment. The Catholic Church teaches that the only unforgivable sin is to not ask for forgiveness from Jesus Christ and to do so obstinately, until the very, very end. We humans on EArth do not know the exact time of the "end" for any given individual so we cannot say that the person went to heaven or hell just by what happens right at the time of death. And yet.. Well, this true story comes to mind.

There was this "priest" who founded an order in the Catholic Church not so long ago and he began abusing young boys, lying to people, making money in some nefarious way and etc... On his death bed, people tried to get him to go to confession. He adamantly refused. Someone came near him with.. I believe it was holy water and he screamed "NO!"

I think he was possessed. How could anyone who knows the Word as priests always do (they go to college and seminary for 8 years) do what he did and not be possessed? Heck, how can anyone, for that matter, but in any case, it looks to me that that guy.. well, the book about him said he despaired of forgiveness. I say he could have repented as his soul left his body, but also think that is HIGHLY unlikely..

anyway, can't recall the original point but I will leave it that 4 now

Edited by createdequal

• Group:  Catholic
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  591
  • Content Per Day:  0.35

On ‎9‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 4:30 PM, Nohope said:

If you accept Jesus and do all that He said to do, you should make it to Heaven.

the only problem is: that is easier said than done... Every one of us has some sin or weakness or another that always vexes us and... well, the devil knows us better than we know ourselves, I sometimes think.. and so he knows how to put certain thoughts in our heads, thoughts that conform with what is already there.. and he knows what is already there to some extent bc he has kept his eye on us all our lives..

speaking vile words does not send you to eternal perdition. Not repenting (and we have to repent every day bc we commit sins every day) does.

Edited by createdequal

• 2 months later...

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  112
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

On 10/18/2017 at 2:21 AM, Deborah_ said:

Sometimes called the “unforgivable sin”, blasphemy against the Holy Spirit has attained considerable notoriety - and caused no little confusion over what it actually means.

First of all, what is blasphemy? It’s more than ordinary insults or angry words; it’s a deliberate attempt to destroy God’s reputation through slander. Now people blaspheme against God and against Christ all the time, very often through blindness or ignorance. These sins are serious - but not unforgivable, as the case of Paul proves. “Even though I was once a blasphemer and a persecutor and a violent man, I was shown mercy because I acted in ignorance and unbelief.” (I Timothy 1:13)

So what is different about blasphemy against the Spirit? The Holy Spirit is God engaging with the world, the Person of the Trinity who works with unbelievers to convict them of sin (through their conscience), reveal Christ to them (through Scripture or the Church), and bring them to the point of repentance (see John 16:8-11). Those who set themselves against the Father or the Son are still open to the Spirit; but those who turn knowingly against the Spirit cut themselves off from the Father and the Son as well. The reason that Jesus warns the theological experts from the Jewish Sanhedrin so solemnly about the unforgivable sin is that they are in danger of committing it (note that He doesn’t actually say that they have committed it). They think that by attributing the Spirit’s work to Satan they can dismiss the claims of Jesus (Mark 3:22); but such deliberate and calculated defiance of God's revelation is the essence of blasphemy against the Spirit.

So ‘blasphemy against the Spirit' is a sin unlike all others. It's easier to say what it isn't than what it is.
It is NOT the same as ‘grieving the Spirit’ (Ephesians 4:30).
It is NOT a sin committed by a Christian who ‘should have known better’. David sinned like that when he committed adultery with Bathsheba and murdered her husband - but even he was forgiven (II Samuel 12:13)!
It is NOT the same as backsliding. Peter denied Jesus three times - but even he was forgiven (John 21:15-19)!

Someone who blasphemes against the Spirit has reached the point of no return. They have hardened their conscience irretrievably; they have no sense of sin and no fear of judgement. They cannot be forgiven because they cannot repent; they have put themselves forever outside the reach of God’s grace. 

And this is what I believe has happened to me.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  467
  • Content Per Day:  0.29

Acts 7:51 "You stiff-necked people! Your hearts and ears are still uncircumcised. You are just like your ancestors: You always resist the Holy Spirit!"
 (NIV)

To be "lost" one must "resist" the Spirit until one is "hardened" to a condition beyond which the LORD cannot soften the heart/mind, without overpowering the free will of the individual.   This HE will not do.    To reach this point, one must continually tell oneself that truth is false, and falsehood is true.  

It is not true that God will continue to forgive forever.   A day of reckoning will come. 

It is not true that God will eventually "save" every created being.  That is a falsehood that some comfort themselves with, and use as a reason to delay repentance. 

But is "resisting the Holy Spirit" the same as THE SIN which cannot be forgiven. 

To "blaspheme" is to speak falsehood.  To blaspheme against the Holy Spirit, would be to speak falsehood against God (Who "is spirit" John 4) .

Jesus was condemned for blasphemy.

John 10:33 The Jews answered Him, "For a good work we do not stone You, but for blasphemy; and because You, being a man, make Yourself out to be God." (NAS)

Stephen was stoned for preaching the same "blasphemy".  Every believer who  preached "the Gospel" of Jesus Christ was guilty of this same sin - "blasphemy" - according to the Jews. 

To preach that Jesus Christ was/is "the Son of God" - that God's Son had "come in the flesh" -  was the "blasphemy" (according to the Jews). 

But it was NOT blasphemy.  It was the truth.    To resist THIS TRUTH - is Antichrist. 

1 John 4:2-3 "By this you know the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesses Jesus as the Christ who has come in the flesh is from God, 3 but every spirit that does not confess Jesus is not from God, and this is the spirit of the antichrist, which you have heard is coming, and now is already in the world." (NET)

2 John 1:7 "For many deceivers have gone out into the world, those who do not acknowledge Jesus Christ as coming in the flesh. This is the deceiver and the antichrist." (NAS)

Spirit of God - Jesus is the Messiah, the Son of God who has come in the flesh

Spirit of Antichrist - Jesus is not the Messiah, was not from God, and did not come in the flesh

To continually say that Jesus was only a man (not God's Son who came "in human flesh") - IS BLASPHEMY AGAINST GOD, and is the message of Antichrist.

But remember.  There are hundreds of former unbelievers, worldwide, who have come to believe that GOD really did give "His only begotten Son".  They will be in His kingdom.  It is the continual resistance/hardening that results in the unpardonable nature of the sin.  Paul himself was against Christ, until he met Him. 

• 1 year later...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  1,265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.45
  • Content Count:  2,637
  • Content Per Day:  0.93
  • Birthday:  02/04/1972

What is Blasphemy against Holy Spirit?

It is to assign to Holy Spirit a work did by Ha-Satan (and vice-versa) for doesn't get pleasure in His goodness and mercy (Rom 2:4).

Edited by Leonardo Von

Guest AFlameOfFire

Mark 3:28 Verily I say unto you, All sins shall be forgiven unto the sons of men, and blasphemies wherewith soever they shall blaspheme:

Mark 3:29 But he that shall blaspheme against the Holy Ghost hath never forgiveness, but is in danger of eternal damnation:

Mark 3:30 Because they said, He hath an unclean spirit.

They were speaking against the Holy Spirit in Jesus by the which Jesus did his works (Acts 10:38)

Mat 12:31 Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men.

Speaking a word against the Son shall be forgiven him because he (Jesus) was to be a sign to be spoken against (See Luke 2:34) as Jesus said,

Mat 12:32 And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but whosoever speaketh against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the world to come.

Saul/Paul was a blasphemer and was forgiven 

1Ti 1:13 Who was before a blasphemer, and a persecutor, and injurious: but I obtained mercy, because I did it ignorantly in unbelief.

There are blasphemies (plural) against the Holy Ghost (the Spirit in Christ) was being touched (not so much Jesus, but even if he were that would be forgiven) but these references...

It shows putting the difference between the two

Mat 12:24 This fellow doth not cast out devils, but by Beelzebub the prince of the devils. (When he did so by the Spirit of God)

Blaspheme has to do with what is spoken against, and it shows it has to do with is said

Mark 3:30 Because they said, He (Jesus) hath an unclean spirit. The same "by which" he does his works

But a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  40,770
  • Content Per Day:  7.95
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

We must learn this from the context it is in...
Matt 12:13-33

13 Then saith he to the man, Stretch forth thine hand. And he stretched it forth; and it was restored whole, like as the other.
14 Then the Pharisees went out, and held a council against him, how they might destroy him.
15 But when Jesus knew it, he withdrew himself from thence: and great multitudes followed him, and he healed them all;
16 And charged them that they should not make him known:
17 That it might be fulfilled which was spoken by Esaias the prophet, saying,
18 Behold my servant, whom I have chosen; my beloved, in whom my soul is well pleased: I will put my spirit upon him, and he shall shew judgment to the Gentiles.
19 He shall not strive, nor cry; neither shall any man hear his voice in the streets.
20 A bruised reed shall he not break, and smoking flax shall he not quench, till he send forth judgment unto victory.
21 And in his name shall the Gentiles trust.
22 Then was brought unto him one possessed with a devil, blind, and dumb: and he healed him, insomuch that the blind and dumb both spake and saw.
23 And all the people were amazed, and said, Is not this the son of David?
24 But when the Pharisees heard it, they said, This fellow doth not cast out devils, but by Beelzebub the prince of the devils.
25 And Jesus knew their thoughts, and said unto them, Every kingdom divided against itself is brought to desolation; and every city or house divided against itself shall not stand:
26 And if Satan cast out Satan, he is divided against himself; how shall then his kingdom stand?
27 And if I by Beelzebub cast out devils, by whom do your children cast them out? therefore they shall be your judges.
28 But if I cast out devils by the Spirit of God, then the kingdom of God is come unto you.
29 Or else how can one enter into a strong man's house, and spoil his goods, except he first bind the strong man? and then he will spoil his house.
30 He that is not with me is against me; and he that gathereth not with me scattereth abroad.
31 Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men.
32 And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but whosoever speaketh against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the world to come.
KJV

The focus was upon the miracles that Jesus was performing and they were selfevident in their power for they occurred right before all the poeples as supernatural events: blind made to see, withered hands, leprosy removed immediately in the crowds presence, lame to walk, dead brought back from life ... etc.  Because the events could not be denied the pharisees said it was done by the power of the devil and this was the blasphemy against the Holy Spirit that was ocurring specific... 

As we do not see this type of miraculous events occurring today it would be impossible for us or mankind to reproduce this blasphemy... the reality of why it is unforgivable-> If God has done all He can do to show Himself God to His created image and it is rejected by said created image what remains is nothing to save or convince an individual...