• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/14/1990

Hi! I would like to read about getting trough depresion. Thak you!

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  35
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,734
  • Content Per Day:  2.78
  • Days Won:  21

Hi Francisca, 

Can I ask if you know Jesus as your Lord and Savior?

Knowing that would sort of help us to provide you with advice. I have suffered from depression for years, various seasons of it, and can say that the only thing that's pulled me through is my faith in Jesus and what He's done for me. I truly credit Him with my healing and deliverance from severe depression a few years ago. If you are saved, I would encourage you to dwell on His promises to you, spend time talking to Him, and don't be afraid to be very real with the Lord (He can take it). He alone is the solution and He can return joy back to your heart. 

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  395
  • Content Per Day:  0.12

Hello Francisca.

If your depression is not clinical, i.e., due to some chemical imbalance, such as a drop in serotonin levels. If your depression has been consistent for last few months, I would definitely see my doctor about it.

If the depression comes and goes then it is more likely to be the way one thinks. For example, if I start thinking about the things that have not going my way I will get depressed. Some things that have not gone my way include, broken relationships, unhappy in my job, stress, loneliness, etc. The main problem here is not accepting the fact that not all things have to go our way. Because this have not gone our way does not mean that something must be wrong with us on a personal level, What has gone wrong is that we have relied too heavily on things going our way for us to feel okay. As soon as they don't go our way (in the present) we get upset. If it seems it might not go our way (in the future), we get anxious. And if we think about the things that did not go our way (in the past) we get depressed.

In this regard, we need to realize that as a Christian it really is okay if things don't go our way. 

Read Philippians 4:11-13.

Here are some bible verses about depression

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  207
  • Content Per Day:  0.09

Like much of the advice already given use your despair to bond with Christ; use the devil's own momentum against him 

The afflictions of the righteous are many. One thing that makes the psalms so good is that it is very broken people writing them in their moment of need, Christ is our bandaid, he is our crutch. Read the psalms, remember them, use them, accompany them to uplifting music. 

My favorite psalm passage is "The Lord is near to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit".

If you're shattered remember that it's at that moment that your connection to the creator can become extremely powerful, but you must remember to speak to him when you are down.  

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  4
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

Hello Francisca! 

I am so sorry you are going through this. I'm no stranger to depression and suffer from Generalized Anxiety Disorder all I can say is please don't keep it to yourself. I tried that and all it did for me was make me feel helpless and on the verge of losing control. Don't carry those feelings inside. Write  them down one by one. Tell a close friend. A pastor. Write to God. You can't do this alone and that's completely ok. Let someone in. And remember the worst day you will ever have is only 24 hours.:) I also like making lists of everything I'm grateful for when things are bad. I'm here for you. 

• Loved it! 1

• Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,604
  • Content Per Day:  3.98
  • Days Won:  21

Welcome. You will get good advice here.

Feeling like this a terrible thing. It might even be an effort just to get up in the morning.

Personally, having been around a fair while, I have made too many mistakes to remember them all at one time. They just pop up from time to time and do not help.

One way that I have found that helps me is a fixed routine of doing something fairly inane that requires a change of scenery. Every day I drive to a MacDonald's and read a boring newspaper while drinking tea.

I may hit a store on the way back for a ready-meal. It aint much, but it is better than sitting staring at the wall. Keep hanging in there and try to read encouraging bible passages.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,672
  • Content Per Day:  0.47

Blessings Francisca...If You are a Christian hold onto hope..

The Lord bless and comfort you..Praise Jesus

• Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  266
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,182
  • Content Per Day:  3.50
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

On ‎18‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 6:37 AM, Francisca said:

Hi! I would like to read about getting trough depresion. Thak you!

Hi Francisca,

Pleased to meet you and hope to bear your burden together to the Lord. Remember -

`Yea, though I walk THROUGH THE VALLEY of the shadow of death,

I will fear NO EVIL, for YOU ARE WITH ME... `(Ps. 23: 4)

We all walk through many trials and difficulties, BUT we walk THROUGH them. The Lord is with you, and you will come THROUGH, for He is well able to keep you from falling. When you `feel` like it is all dark and no hope and pressing in on you, just lift your hands to the Lord and your heart and cry to Him, for He is waiting for you to stop struggling in your own strength and to give all the pain, all the lost years, all the brokenness to HIM.

Praying for you, Marilyn. 

• Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,763
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

On 10/18/2017 at 1:03 AM, Raven said:

Hello Francisca.

If your depression is not clinical, i.e., due to some chemical imbalance, such as a drop in serotonin levels. If your depression has been consistent for last few months, I would definitely see my doctor about it.

If the depression comes and goes then it is more likely to be the way one thinks. For example, if I start thinking about the things that have not going my way I will get depressed. Some things that have not gone my way include, broken relationships, unhappy in my job, stress, loneliness, etc. The main problem here is not accepting the fact that not all things have to go our way. Because this have not gone our way does not mean that something must be wrong with us on a personal level, What has gone wrong is that we have relied too heavily on things going our way for us to feel okay. As soon as they don't go our way (in the present) we get upset. If it seems it might not go our way (in the future), we get anxious. And if we think about the things that did not go our way (in the past) we get depressed.

In this regard, we need to realize that as a Christian it really is okay if things don't go our way. 

Read Philippians 4:11-13.

Here are some bible verses about depression

Amen Raven, those words are so true,we have to keep our eyes on the goal and that is Jesus!

The minute we do things are on our own and negative feelings set in ,we set ourself up for  depression and feeling down.

But then there is winter time coming and so many many people have a seasonal disorder, I know the same rules would count but they can be difficult for some people to keep, most people do so much better when it's a sunny day :)