IGNORED

Can demons possess someone from just watching a horror movie?

zorgblar

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  422
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0

13 hours ago, Willa said:

Some people don't realize that dabbling in Eastern religions in the forms of Tae kwon do, meditation, yoga etc, when the philosophy is taught with it, is spiritual adultery in God's eyes.  ...

Note while I agree some meditation and yoga may include religious teachings or practices, tae kwon do is a martial art.  It doesn't include any Eastern religion, nor any aspects of it.  Below is some of the history:

"Taekwondo was developed during the 1940s and 1950s by various martial artists who combined elements of karate and Chinese martial arts with traditional Korean martial arts traditions such as Taekkyeon, Subak, and Gwonbeop.[4][5] The oldest governing body for taekwondo is the Korea Taekwondo Association (KTA), formed in 1959 through a collaborative effort by representatives from the nine original kwans, or martial arts schools, in Korea. The main international organizational bodies for taekwondo today are the International Taekwon-Do Federation (ITF), founded by Choi Hong Hi in 1966, and the partnership of the Kukkiwon and World Taekwondo(WT, formerly WTF), founded in 1972 and 1973 respectively by the Korea Taekwondo Association. Gyeorugi ([kjʌɾuɡi]), a type of full-contact sparring, has been an Olympic event since 2000. The governing body for taekwondo in the Olympics and Paralympics is World Taekwondo."

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,224
  • Content Per Day:  3.34
  • Days Won:  30

Php 4:8  Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy—meditate on these things.

1 minute ago, bryan said:

, tae kwon do is a martial art.  It doesn't include any Eastern religion, nor any aspects of it.  Below is some of the history:

An elder in our church is Japanese and teaches tae kwon do without the Eastern philosophy;   He advertises it that way and says that some forms of it do teach Eastern thought.   He has a studio and  is very successful as this is his only source of income.  

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  422
  • Content Per Day:  0.06

1 hour ago, Willa said:

Php 4:8  Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy—meditate on these things.

An elder in our church is Japanese and teaches tae kwon do without the Eastern philosophy;   He advertises it that way and says that some forms of it do teach Eastern thought.   He has a studio and  is very successful as this is his only source of income.  

Including Eastern philosophy and thought about martial arts makes sense.  I've not seen any of those involving spiritual or religious items.  

Edited by bryan
Typo

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

If you're saved watching a horror movie won't get you possessed. But if you even enjoy watching horror movies You're probably a very lukewarm Christian, otherwise why do you even want to watch such garbage. But watching horror movies will get demons hanging around you. Nor should watch anything that has to do with the occult. There's also a psychological danger watching horror movies. They can make you develop an unhealthy interest in terrible things. They can effect your personality in bad ways. And if you're young, you might not realize the negative effect it had on you until you're much older. This also applies to that abominable TV series called "Lucifer". If you're a Christian you shouldn't watch it. I watched it once and never again. In it Lucifer is portrayed as a nice guy. On some Christian boards there's a whole lot of people who really believe this. IMO these people aren't even Christians, they just think they are. TV and movies are very dangerous. They effect us more than most people think. The proof is what has happened to our society in the last 60 - 70 years. All this applies to music too. Teens and young people listen to songs that advocate suicide and many older people then wonder why our young people think suicide is a good way out of their problems. It's in some of the music they listen to. Whether you're a Christian or not, you shouldn't listen to such songs nor watch horror movies. Also, very popular shows like Criminal Minds are bad too. These shows put ideas in weak minded people. The condition of our society is the proof of what I'm saying. 

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  503
  • Content Per Day:  0.21
  • Birthday:  08/20/1948

On 10/17/2017 at 2:21 PM, zorgblar said:

Can demons possess someone from just watching a horror movie?:unsure:  

That would depend on the someone.  How vulnerable is he/she?  I know one thing...God told me one time.  'There is nothing closer to hell than this kind of movie.'   How close to hell do you want to get?  When you stand unprotected in the devils territory what should you expect?  If not possession (a Christian cannot be possessed) then for sure you can and probably will be oppressed.   You step out of the light, into the darkness, and that's where the monsters are. 

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  503
  • Content Per Day:  0.21
  • Birthday:  08/20/1948

On 10/17/2017 at 3:33 PM, LadyKay said:

I'm not an expert on this. But I do not think that one can become demon posses just by watching a horror movie. At less it has never happen to me. From my understanding, you have to allow something evil to come into you. You have to be willing and invite it in. But like I said. I am no  expert on these things. 

Lady Kay   Ponder this.  You watch a horror movie.  It goes in your eyes, it goes in your ears. Did you not let it come into you?   Yes!  You did.  You opened yourself wide to a devilish attack.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  475
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,554
  • Content Per Day:  2.29
  • Days Won:  9

Why would anyone watch people getting murder ? Horror movies are like open perverted.

• Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  616
  • Content Per Day:  0.25

On 10/17/2017 at 3:49 PM, simplejeff said:

yes.  

< shrugs > possess, oppress, control, same results outwardly -  only different if sons of disobedience vs believer oppressed ....

Even if they only thinking of watching one, actually. 

Any fear, any doubting, anthing by the will granting authority, granting permission, willingly or not ..... knowingly or not (usually not known, usually not understood) ....

Absolutely correct

• Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  616
  • Content Per Day:  0.25

On 10/17/2017 at 3:21 PM, zorgblar said:

Can demons possess someone from just watching a horror movie?:unsure:  

When a person chooses to do something that is adverse to what is Holy, they are inviting all manner of trouble.

Examples of this including horror movies are going to a phycic, the Ouiji board, even reading your astrology charts