• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Seventh Day Adventist
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  281
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  0

Listen to the word of God & let the Spirit work on your heart, if you go to a church for the music you are there for the wrong reason.

Some music is a joke, the drums scientifically have been proven to effect the frontal lob of the brain & not being beneficial to your awareness to the word of God, get back to worship music not rock, there is a difference.  

Edited by Riccardo
  • Thumbs Up 1

• 3 weeks later...

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  22
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

I don't think that loud music is of God if it is causing damage to a person's hearing. God wouldn't want us to destroy our hearing while we're giving him praise. It doesn't make sense. I guess some of those churches haven't considered that.  I don't know.  The lights should be in moderation.  If it feels more like entertainment, then they should think that God is probably not the focal point.

Edited by Seven tree
Don't want to seem like I'm judging while giving an opinion.
  • Thumbs Up 3

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  146
  • Content Per Day:  0.06

The Bible mentions clanging cymbals and drums as a means to praise God, so in principle, there doesn't seem to be anything wrong with loud music.  It's how many people celebrate things they're passionate about.  More power to them, and I hope they continue their loud church services. 

As for me personally, I don't like loud anythings, and it's not MY style.  But I support others who wish to worship this way. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  422

17 hours ago, ejected said:

God has left the building. The void must be filled. Programs and loud music. 

Excellent point.

• Oy Vey! 1

• Group:  Seventh Day Adventist
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  281
  • Content Per Day:  0.10

5 hours ago, stillseeking said:

The Bible mentions clanging cymbals and drums as a means to praise God, so in principle, there doesn't seem to be anything wrong with loud music.  It's how many people celebrate things they're passionate about.  More power to them, and I hope they continue their loud church services.

Can I have a bible reference please

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  146

Can I have a bible reference please

Sure :)

Psalm 150:1-6

"1Praise God in his sanctuary!
    Praise God in his fortress, the sky!
Praise God in his mighty acts!
    Praise God as suits his incredible greatness!
Praise God with the blast of the ram’s horn!
    Praise God with lute and lyre!
Praise God with drum and dance!
    Praise God with strings and pipe!
Praise God with loud cymbals!
    Praise God with clashing cymbals!
Let every living thing praise the Lord!"

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  24
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,459
  • Content Per Day:  0.60
  • Days Won:  2

I Chronicles 15 describes bringing the ark of the covenant into Jerusalem.

16 David told the leaders of the Levites to appoint their fellow Levites as musiciansto make a joyful sound with musical instruments: lyres, harps and cymbals...28 So all Israel brought up the ark of the covenant of the Lord with shouts, with the sounding of rams’ hornsand trumpets, and of cymbals, and the playing of lyres and harps.  I Chron 15:16, 28

4 He appointed some of the Levites to minister before the ark of the Lord, to extol, thank, and praise the Lord, the God of Israel: 5 Asaph was the chief, and next to him in rank were Zechariah, then Jaaziel, Shemiramoth, Jehiel, Mattithiah, Eliab, Benaiah, Obed-Edom and Jeiel. They were to play the lyres and harps, Asaph was to sound the cymbals, 6 and Benaiah and Jahaziel the priests were to blow the trumpets regularly before the ark of the covenant of God.  I Chron 16:4-6

12 All the Levites who were musicians—Asaph, Heman, Jeduthun and their sons and relatives—stood on the east side of the altar, dressed in fine linen and playing cymbals, harps and lyres. They were accompanied by 120 priests sounding trumpets. 13 The trumpeters and musicians joined in unison to give praise and thanks to the Lord. Accompanied by trumpets, cymbals and other instruments, the singers raised their voices in praise to the Lord and sang: “He is good; his love endures forever.” Then the temple of the Lord was filled with the cloud, 14 and the priests could not perform their service because of the cloud, for the glory of the Lord filled the temple of God.  II Chron 5:12-14

10 When the builders laid the foundation of the temple of the Lord, the priests in their vestments and with trumpets, and the Levites (the sons of Asaph) with cymbals, took their places to praise the Lord, as prescribed by David king of Israel. 11 With praise and thanksgiving they sang to the Lord:“He is good;    his love toward Israel endures forever.”  And all the people gave a great shout of praise to the Lord, because the foundation of the house of the Lord was laid. 12 But many of the older priests and Levites and family heads, who had seen the former temple, wept aloud when they saw the foundation of this temple being laid, while many others shouted for joy.13 No one could distinguish the sound of the shouts of joy from the sound of weeping, because the people made so much noise. And the sound was heard far away.  Ezra 3:10-13

43 And on that day they offered great sacrifices, rejoicing because God had given them great joy. The women and children also rejoiced. The sound of rejoicing in Jerusalem could be heard far away.  Neh 12:43

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,224
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

When the music gets too loud, I sit unashamed with my fingers plugging my ears and hope that someone in the sound booth takes notice.

If there is one thing I hate it is music that drags.  There is nothing more spiritual about slow music.  In fact, my mind wanders when it is unduly slow.  Worship is not a dirge.  It is a joyous celebration.  

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  92
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,164
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Birthday:  11/10/1961

4 minutes ago, Willa said:

When the music gets too loud, I sit unashamed with my fingers plugging my ears and hope that someone in the sound booth takes notice.

If there is one thing I hate it is music that drags.  There is nothing more spiritual about slow music.  In fact, my mind wanders when it is unduly slow.  Worship is not a dirge.  It is a joyous celebration.  

Yes, it supposed to be worship, not a funeral. I hate slow drag-y music.

Anytime I visit an unfamiliar church I bring some of those disposable foam earplugs with me in case the music gets too loud. I don't understand why some places feel like turning the amp up to 11 is somehow more spiritual. Never will understand that.

• Thumbs Up 1