missmuffet

• Group:  Seventh Day Adventist
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  281
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  0

of cause you have to think thats why God gave you a brain,  you are right we cannot give Gods word our own meaning thats why we use our brain & base scripture upon scripture. why do you think there is so much confusion,

Have you got it all right? I,m not trying to be nasty sister, I just can't see were you are coming from or how you come to your conclusion.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.22
  • Days Won:  58

1 hour ago, Davida said:

Some here actually fight against the ones giving truth & challenging false hoods of others. I believe it's a lost cause and sometimes feel like deleting all of my posts and leaving.

We need a hugs reaction.

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.22
  • Days Won:  58

When something clearly contradicts the word of God, then its most definitely wrong doctrine.

• Thumbs Up 4

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  949
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,522
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

4 hours ago, missmuffet said:

When it comes to the Holy Bible you do not have to "think" you are right. The words are right there in front of you. You can not give God's words your own meaning or spiritualize the words. That is not what God intended.

Seems a false doctrine to me! Maybe you are right and there is an increase.

But: my God has never told me to park my brain in order to come to Him. No way has He done that. His word is a challenge to those of scholarly attributes far greater than most that post on Christian message boards, certainly  self included. Demanding all stop their thinking  on the word of God seems to me a  false doctrine in of itself, or at least very poor advice.  Why? Because almost every pastor,  priest, and prophet, that I have read of has had an awakening, a humbling moment of realization as they were thinking and praying upon the word of God they were reading, that some point some understanding, some doctrine even, that they have espoused is not correct. They have then come to a pulpit or have written of their long held conclusion being wrong.  

No! God's lessons do not stop at the end of each sentence of the Bible. God help the person that decides they have read his word, every one of which is perfectly clear to them, and they may proceed without thinking from there on. 

On a practical basis if no thinking were required there would be no commentaries, no Strong's Concordance,  no "Got Questions",  no reference material of any kind, and no pastors nor teachers, not even  a Bible man.

Of course anyone should pray on and think on their understanding of what they  read in the Bible!

To read without praying and thinking is presumption, to think without reading and praying is atheism-

Could we really have greater false doctrines being held today than did the very people of the Bible whose legacies have been recorded for us to pray  read and think upon? Anyone been melting down all the gold in the nation to make golden calves as idols to worship lately? More false doctrine today? Doubt it.

Edited by Neighbor
  • Thumbs Up 3

Guest shiloh357
4 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

Seems a false doctrine to me! Maybe you are right and there is an increase.

But: my God has never told me to park my brain in order to come to Him. No way has He done that. His word is a challenge to those of scholarly attributes far greater than most that post on Christian message boards, certainly  self included. Demanding all stop their thinking  on the word of God seems to me a  false doctrine in of itself, or at least very poor advice.  Why? Because almost every pastor,  priest, and prophet, that I have read of has had an awakening, a humbling moment of realization as they were thinking and praying upon the word of God they were reading, that some point some understanding, some doctrine even, that they have espoused is not correct. They have then come to a pulpit or have written of their long held conclusion being wrong.  

No! God's lessons do not stop at the end of each sentence of the Bible. God help the person that decides they have read his word, every one of which is perfectly clear to them, and they may proceed without thinking from there on. 

On a practical basis if no thinking were required there would be no commentaries, no Strong's Concordance,  no "Got Questions",  no reference material of any kind, and no pastors nor teachers, not even  a Bible man.

Of course anyone should pray on and think on their understanding of what they  read in the Bible!

To read without praying and thinking is presumption, to think without reading and praying is atheism-

Could we really have greater false doctrines being held today than did the very people of the Bible whose legacies have been recorded for us to pray  read and think upon? Anyone been melting down all the gold in the nation to make golden calves as idols to worship lately? More false doctrine today? Doubt it.

When we think of the false doctrines that are being spread on this board, it usually in the form of conspiracy theories, rejection of the deity of Jesus or the person-hood of the Holy Spirit, and promotion of Roman Catholicism.

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  949
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,522
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

57 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

When we think of the false doctrines that are being spread on this board, it usually in the form of conspiracy theories, rejection of the deity of Jesus or the person-hood of the Holy Spirit, and promotion of Roman Catholicism.

Hi,

Okay. Except "I" think  that there is no truly new topic to be found here, nor is it more prevalent today  that there are advocates of errors than there always have been. 

Also; I find I must reject the idea of "we think". There is no "we" think. You may pray read and think, and so may I. The Holy Spirit may enlighten each of us to the will of God for each of us individually, but neither of us thinks for the other. Unless this is to be a cult like experience where no one thinks at all. And, I know that is not the case.

The word "we" as in we think used to add credibility always bugs me- sorry for my rant against it. I just find it  to be a presumption without basis whenever and by whomever it is used. I catch myself doing it to my  own shame.

I personally  believe from my own reading, and my own thinking, and my own prayer, that there are no greater denials of Jesus today, than have been recorded for us within the Bible to think upon and pray over.

I agree that there may be spikes in interest in a subject as one poster excites another about one theory of faith or another; but that seems to me to be the ebb and flow of conversations generating yet more thought and prayer, which is a good thing! For it also provides yet another opportunity to read, think,  pray,  over the word of God,  to share the gospel of Jesus, along with the chance to armor up  too on the word having read, thought, and prayed  over it.  

Reading  by the saints in Christ Jesus with prayer and thinking brings about much good application, as well as the stronger armoring up that enlightens and works sanctification of the saints. Even an iron sharpening iron experience sometimes occurs to the gain of all in Christ Jesus.

Edited by Neighbor
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  649
  • Content Per Day:  0.25

False doctrines are not living water . 

They never satisfy , give rest , give joy , give peace . 

Instead they provide , disillusionment , disharmony , worry , weariness . 

In this they are always easily identifiable . 

Only the doctrines of Living water provide true rest unto the soul . 

In this they are also just as easily indentifiable .

" There remaineth therefore a rest to the people of God "    ( Hebrews 4 : 9 )  

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1

Guest shiloh357
4 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

Hi,

Okay. Except "I" think  that there is no truly new topic to be found here, nor is it more prevalent today  that there are advocates of errors then there always have been. 

I have  been here for  over 13 years.   I know what I am talking about.  There is stuff that is being allowed to surface here only because for a long time, there were more moderators than there are now. And there is stuff coming up now that we have not seen before, for that reason.

The word "we" as in we think used to add credibility always bugs me- sorry for my rant against it.

I really don't care if it bugs you or not.  

I just find it  to be a presumption without basis whenever and by whomever it is used. I catch myself doing it to my  own shame.

I am not being presumptuous.  I am simply operating from a lot more knowledge about the history of this board than you are.

I personally  believe from my own reading, and my own thinking, and my own prayer, that there are no greater denials of Jesus today, than have been recorded for us within the Bible to think upon and pray over.

Not greater, but newer forms of it.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  106
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

false doctrine is any thing out side the persons personal belief................................... correct  ?  

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Huh?  I don't get it. 1