• Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  41
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  726
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/30/1974

13 minutes ago, Davida said:

Nope, false doctrine is what contradicts the Word of God - period. 

Correct but it is also interpretations.  Just like people have been debating in this thread about emersion versus sprinkling for baptism.  You may see they have to be fully emerged and someone else may say they have to only be sprinkled.  Neither one is contradicting the word of God.  But people went point at the other one saying they are teaching false doctrine.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  41
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  726
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Birthday:  12/30/1974

1 minute ago, simplejeff said:

Rather,  often one of them does,  and what is taught with it shows further the departure from following Jesus - i.e. not just one thing that's wrong, but the heart , the soul,  the whole direction.

Agreed.  But there are many instances where they are not contradicting.  It's just a different interpretation.  Another example.  The church I go to now takes communion every Sunday.  The church I used to go to only did it once per month.  Is one of these churches teaching a false doctrine?

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  20

1 minute ago, da_man1974 said:

Agreed.  But there are many instances where they are not contradicting.  It's just a different interpretation.  Another example.  The church I go to now takes communion every Sunday.  The church I used to go to only did it once per month.  Is one of these churches teaching a false doctrine?

Almost certainly ......  but that's not for this thread....

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.83
  • Days Won:  226

I was sprinkled a long time ago. I don't think I am going to hell.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  903
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Birthday:  05/03/1952

I'd rather be shot in the head and go home to glory before I re-schackled myself to the Law. What a dark, miserable, hopeless way to "live."

To always wonder if I just broke an OT law (there are over 600, so the odds against me aren't good), to never have sure footing of my salvation, to forever tremble at the thought that this time I've blown it for real? Uh, no. Thank GOD for the cross, and the Blood that seals me forever!

Edited by John Robinson
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.24
  • Days Won:  115

I thought about staying out of this conversation as it is a circle game based in the post modern mindset - "What it true for you may not be true for me, and what is true for me may not be true for you."  - lacking the basic foundation from scripture by adding other documents to be seen as equal to scripture, promoting their truths as "the truth" to them, even if you don't agree.  How sad has His body become when there are no absolutes.

There are some who place a higher value on science than they do scripture, believing that science is the final word of what is fact and what is not.  They seem to come across in a way that science has reached a certain plateau of knowledge and they have to be taken as the final word without realizing, or at least, without admitting that science has proven itself wrong before and that knowledge keeps growing, so what is seen as a final word today can easily be proven incorrect tomorrow.   One example is believing that we know everything there is to know about DNA, that all DNA has been collected, so any other DNA not classified has to be alien in some way, which is a partial truth ... it is alien to that days scientific understanding of DNA.

Instead of people from the science group admitting that science is not perfect and that their modernistic mindset is also not perfect, they try to prove their findings with calculations, theories, equations, knowledge ... leaning on the understanding from man and not God.   Instead of those who come here with controversial theories based on science being willing to admit that not all the facts are known, claiming that one has to discard the "other side" of the debate in order to hold to their idea of what is true, they are considering anyone who disagrees with them as harassing and attacking them and not their theories, making it a personal fight. 

Then there are others who believe they are so better connected with the Holy Spirit that only they can be trusted with a specific vision or level of understanding.  These will come right out and admit that others are childlike in their understanding, placing themselves above everyone else.  Thing is, God is the same yesterday, today and tomorrow.  He does not change and neither does His truth.  I fail to see in scripture where the Holy Spirit will teach us anything outside of the truth that is already available, in other words, contradicting scripture itself with any new revelation.  I do see He is here to help us understand the words given to us in scripture.

So, with this in mind, what is false teaching and what is the measuring rod in determining that a teaching is false?  If you look beyond the 66 books of the Bible for truth, then you are looking elsewhere for your foundation for truth.  Even those who add the discarded book that once was in some Bibles must agree that the 66 book in the Bible are also in the Bibles that expand beyond the 66 books.  Is it so hard to accept that the 66 books are enough to find His truth, or is there a reason why these 66 books are not enough?

Do all people who come here with false teaching do so for monitory profit?  Absolutely not as that is a blanket statement and blanket statements usually are proven to be wrong themselves.  Some come here with their teaching because they believe they have superior understanding and want to share this understanding.  There is no profit in this for them besides believing they are honoring the very God of their foundation, even though they have strayed from the truth found in the 66 books of scripture.  Some come here claiming to have a vision or a prophecy and want to share their new understanding.  Some others come here after they believe they are being shown something special by the Holy Spirit, thinking that they also are given this new knowledge to share, which is their duty.  Then there are others who come here to make a profit, selling their ideas in books, dvd's and cd's that detail their false teaching ... those are truly false teachers, while some from the other groups can only be deceived ... the question if they are deceived is if they will accept correction.

False teachers do teach false doctrine and they do need to be corrected, but when does one determine if the person is indeed a true false teacher?  Is it as simple as if I don't agree with what you say you are a false teacher?  I hope not as we do not hold to perfect truth either and will have to consider ourselves a false teacher when we learn from our mistakes.  So, when can that title be established about another member?  I would say, and this is just me, that when one comes here with a mindset that if people do not agree with them, then they are in error and have to be corrected after they are shown by others that they are themselves in error.  In the past, that is known as an unteachable spirit.  The minute we are so steadfast in our ways that we cannot be corrected, that in itself should be considered as false teaching, and if we refuse correction from scripture, then we have become a false teacher.  Instead of people from steadfast beliefs in the denomination doctrine coming here to discuss and learn, they come here to correct and teach.  If we were to look at all of their denominational doctrine, instead of one or two specific doctrines, they would find more common ground to agree on than not.

Should our focus be on the false teacher or on the false teaching?  I would say the teaching, as once the teaching is proven to be in error, the later follows automatically.  Yet, when we focus on the person and not the teaching, we violate the Terms we agreed to when becoming a member.  When this happens, even if the person is correct in their evaluation, they will be removed from the conversation.  Why is that?  Simple, when someone is personally attacked, a wall goes up and it becomes a personal war to fight to prove they are right and you are wrong., removing any change in showing the other their error.  The TOS is not the final word in what is true; it is a guideline as to how this site is to operate from the top down.

So, yes, there will be false teaching, heresies, false prophecies, etc. that come here from the world as the world becomes more wicked every day it continues.  What are we to do with these?  Show them the truth, learning how to defend the truth in the face of a lie or misunderstanding as we ourselves search the 66 agreed to books of the Bible for truth.  You see, the bible does not contradict itself, we force a contradiction through our own understanding and theology, which is why we all need to listen twice as much as we speak.  God did give us two eyes, two ears and only one mouth. 

It was said to me that this ministry is here to help others grow in their walk in Christ, continuously searching the scriptures to learn, using what they learn to discuss what others come here to teach to see if what they are hearing is true or not ... yup, to be like the Barean. 

So, I suggest that when one comes here to share their understanding, they do so with a teachable spirit, realizing that not one of us has the final say on what is truth.  With this in mind, know the TOS and follow it.  By doing so, discussion can lead to correction.  Not following the TOS will more then likely get one removed from a discussion, loosing the chance to help another find the truth.  When it becomes apparent that this will not happen, report the thread instead of taking the step into personal attacks and name calling.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.22
  • Days Won:  58

9 hours ago, LadyKay said:

I don't come here to find what I believe or what I should believe. This site is not my church.  I see it has an exchange of ideals. 

It is a ministry however, one that attempts to bring the lost to Christ (dont get into a snit, Im not saying you are lost lol). So truth should be emphasized.

2 hours ago, inchrist said:

Again this is not scritptual, scripture gives a clear way of dealing with those who are simply mistaken Apollos is a clear cut case study for us as oppose to false teachers

God looks at the heart because thats were the motive lies.

But the LORD said to Samuel, "Do not consider his appearance or his height, for I have rejected him. The LORD does not look at the things people look at. People look at the outward appearance, but the LORD looks at the heart

False teachers are those who are motivated by greed who wish to exploit their hearers for their own gain.

You are confusing mistaken teachers from false teachers.

False teachers are those who intentionally exploit with evil motivation - that is the biblical definition.

Is Justin adams motive intentionally seeking to exploit for his own gain?

If not then he isnt someone to go to war with

Galatians 1

6 I marvel that you so soon are being moved away from Him who called you into the grace of Christ, to another gospel,
7 which is not another, but some are troubling you, and desiring to pervert the gospel of Christ.
8 But even if we or an angel from Heaven preach a gospel to you beside what we preached to you, let him be accursed.
9 As we said before, and now I say again, If anyone preaches a gospel to you beside what you have received, let him be accursed.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, da_man1974 said:

There are things that are grey areas, which is where how often to take communion lies. Disputable and not worth fighting over.

There are things that are clearcut black and white, things that are solidly defined in scripture. Those things should be firmly held on to. Not disputable and definitely worth defending against false doctrines.

1 hour ago, missmuffet said:

I was sprinkled a long time ago. I don't think I am going to hell.

The Patriot likes to throw folks in the pool in chat. I suppose he could immerse you that way lol. 

Its a joke people.