• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  505
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Days Won:  1

15 hours ago, Davida said:

Apostasy, false teachers, and heretical teachings are not new under the sun..as we read in the Bible. As this thread is about false doctrine increasing.

I agree.  

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  40,780
  • Content Per Day:  7.95
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

1 minute ago, When Is Jesus Coming? said:

I totally disagree with your 3rd statement. Apostasy, false teachers and heretical teachings have been rehashed ad-nauseum since time began. The Bible is full of these stories etc. Can't believe you've said that. 

I think you misread what was said...

14 hours ago, Yowm said:

The question is, is there an intended proper interpretation for each precept that the Holy Spirit has inspired and are we seeking to find out His intended meaning? Leaving Scripture open to anyone's interpretation is only asking for confusion and chaos.

I believe there is one correct answer to each verse and while some verses have more than one answer, only one of them is the most correct. If that makes sense? 

2 minutes ago, Cobalt1959 said:

You are both saying the same thing.

that's what I tried to get across :24: 

19 minutes ago, enoob57 said:

Subjectivity has no foundation to the Objective Word of God.... it is upon this Rock of Scripture that we find truth that resonates in the very fabric of Life! The promise fulfilled from here

John 8:31 (KJV)

[31] Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed;

[32] And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

I agree but I am pointing out that as subjective humans we can't know all truth because only God can because only He is Objective. Therefore we cannot know for sure what every verse in the Bible means; For sure.

26 minutes ago, enoob57 said:

I think you misread what was said...

Davida said: Apostasy, false teachers, and heretical teachings are not new under the sun..as we read in the Bible. As this thread is about false doctrine increasing.

I said: I totally disagree with your 3rd statement. Apostasy, false teachers and heretical teachings have been rehashed ad-nauseum since time began. The Bible is full of these stories etc. Can't believe you've said that. 

How am I misreading this?

5 minutes ago, When Is Jesus Coming? said:

I agree but I am pointing out that as subjective humans we can't know all truth because only God can because only He is Objective. Therefore we cannot know for sure what every verse in the Bible means; For sure.

There is a mark we cannot attain to while still in these unredeemed bodies... but we have God Himself in Spirit within and so the press toward because

Luke 12:48 (KJV)

[48] But he that knew not, and did commit things worthy of stripes, shall be beaten with few stripes. For unto whomsoever much is given, of him shall be much required: and to whom men have committed much, of him they will ask the more.

We've been given God within... so.... :) the press is pressing because of The Gift :thumbsup: and the promise

Jeremiah 29:12 (KJV)

[12] Then shall ye call upon me, and ye shall go and pray unto me, and I will hearken unto you.

[13] And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart.

[14] And I will be found of you, saith the LORD: and I will turn away your captivity, and I will gather you from all the nations, and from all the places whither I have driven you, saith the LORD; and I will bring you again into the place whence I caused you to be carried away captive.

I think this can be understood in searching for Him in His Word as well...

• Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, When Is Jesus Coming? said:

Davida said: Apostasy, false teachers, and heretical teachings are not new under the sun..as we read in the Bible. As this thread is about false doctrine increasing.

I said: I totally disagree with your 3rd statement. Apostasy, false teachers and heretical teachings have been rehashed ad-nauseum since time began. The Bible is full of these stories etc. Can't believe you've said that. 

How am I misreading this?

you both are saying that false teachers have been around for a long time

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  940
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,412
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

19 minutes ago, When Is Jesus Coming? said:

An isolated "verse" can have nearly as many meanings as there are individuals to read or hear it in isolation. The Books of the Bible are better  taken in as just that scrolls or books containing a full development of  a message from God via His appointed  and inspired human authors.

The versification of the Bible, though considered an aid, is also a bane on the word of God! For it makes it easy for  what I think of as bumper sticker theology. It is weak , very weak by comparison to the whole body of work recorded for each of us to read study think and pray over.

It is so very often misleading to take  a phrase, a verse, a sentence, or even a passage, and isolate it from it's historic setting as well as it's fullest develpopment of thought message and instruction, then plug that isolated phrase onto the back of one's own desired meaning. No matter how well meaning the goal might be, it is careless at best and perhaps even deceptive at worst and an error to do it.  It is the cherry picking approach to God's guidance as it short changes the hearer  of the fullest power of the word of God, often misguiding the hearer entirely. I ask and I suggest taking the time to present all  that is to be presented in a fuller context for the benefit of all that read a presentation of conclusion and or guidance from God via His word the Bible.

Edited by Neighbor
  • Thumbs Up 3

11 minutes ago, enoob57 said:

you both are saying that false teachers have been around for a long time

Oh yeah, my bad. It was the way it was worded. I will go back and amend my original quote. 

• Thumbs Up 1