• Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  41
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  726
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/30/1974

5 minutes ago, ayin jade said:

There are things that are grey areas, which is where how often to take communion lies. Disputable and not worth fighting over.

There are things that are clearcut black and white, things that are solidly defined in scripture. Those things should be firmly held on to. Not disputable and definitely worth defending against false doctrines.

agreed

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

44 minutes ago, ayin jade said:

It is a ministry however, one that attempts to bring the lost to Christ (dont get into a snit, Im not saying you are lost lol). So truth should be emphasized.

I think the issue comes about when people confuse doctrine with personal believes. Like when I get into debates about women wearing pants and or how long men's hair should be. Or even the one that is going on now on rather or not we should worship on Sundays. 

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.84
  • Days Won:  226

24 minutes ago, ayin jade said:

The Patriot likes to throw folks in the pool in chat. I suppose he could immerse you that way lol. 

Its a joke people.

Works for me :)

46 minutes ago, ayin jade said:

It is a ministry however, one that attempts to bring the lost to Christ (dont get into a snit, Im not saying you are lost lol). So truth should be emphasized.

One has to have excellent discernment to know the counterfeit from what is the true Word of God on Worthy. The problem is that those who are new to Christianity are exposed to some false doctrine. It takes a person who is very grounded in the Word to distinguish what is counterfeit and what it not. So going to Scripture and finding the truth for themselves is a good idea.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  20

Mostly (the posts and threads) are just about non-essential matters/ leaves on the trees,  both false ones and true ones,

but getting to salvation is basically frowned on/ not permitted,  so no one "feels" offended - so their "salvation" is never verified .....

when what someone says is only (and usually) "the surface",  what is out in the open,  concealing hidden life or death, truth or false doctrines,

those things are and can be discussed ad nauseum with no change in anyone, with no benefit.

If deeper investigation was permitted, people might be helped,  and saved from deception,  but

a lot fewer visitors would stick around then,   (being made subject to God's Word, tested by God's Word),

and higher numbers is what most all the forums are after and the politically correct rules are usually set up to promote this (numbers)....

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  616
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Days Won:  0

20 hours ago, missmuffet said:

I sure am seeing a lot more false doctrine on Worthy lately. Some really strange stuff. Is it just me?

falsedoctrinewhite.jpg

This is a great topic. Something we can all discuss.

What constitutes as a false doctrine. Generally, would be a teaching that is not of scripture, or at the very least, is not recognizing the core principles. That Jesus is God. That Jesus died for our sins. That Jesus rose from the dead, and in so doing, "tore open the vail", that we may recieve everlasting life.

Any church that teaches other than these basic truths, is definitely a false Christian church.

13 minutes ago, Pudgenik said:

This is a great topic. Something we can all discuss.

What constitutes as a false doctrine. Generally, would be a teaching that is not of scripture, or at the very least, is not recognizing the core principles. That Jesus is God. That Jesus died for our sins. That Jesus rose from the dead, and in so doing, "tore open the vail", that we may recieve everlasting life.

Any church that teaches other than these basic truths, is definitely a false Christian church.

The Trinity is considered a core principle.

2 minutes ago, Cobalt1959 said:

Yes, and no.  A new Christian, yes, their discernment has to be cultivated.  A seasoned Christian should be able to tell pretty quickly what is true, and what is false.  One of the best rules of thumb is, "What does this doctrine/theology point to?"  Does it point to Jesus?  Or something else.  Pointing to Jesus does not automatically validate it, but pointing to anything else outside of, or instead of Jesus is an immediate problem.  If the doctrine points to a special book outside the Bible, or a special person, or a special Prophet, or something that brings salvation instead of Jesus' shed blood, like works or baptism, or points to observance of Mosaic Law like The Sabbath or Passover, or predestination, these are reg flags that you are dealing with a false doctrine, because everything should lead directly to Christ.  Most, if not all of the above things do not lead to a reliance solely on Jesus' sacrifice, they lead to something else. 

Yes. I do think that I saw on Worthy that you are a Pastor. May I ask if you are associated with a particular religion? So far what I have seen you would be a solid person that a new Christian should look at. I think that a new Christian should only focus on the basics. There is so much other stuff on Worthy that has nothing to do with the essential doctrine.

Just now, Cobalt1959 said:

I was ordained in an Assemblies of God church, but I no longer operate within that denomination.  I would not call myself a cessationist but I would no longer identify as a Pentecostal either.

Yes, many threads discuss non-essentials, but for a new convert, even these non-essentials can easily lead one down the wrong path.

What are your feelings about tongues and slain in the spirit?

Just now, Cobalt1959 said:

I'd rather not discuss that on an open board because I would like to keep my head.

Ok just trying to verify what your beliefs are as a Pastor.