• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  893
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  1

Let me try again..

I am not saying that non-Christian religions are the same as Christianity..  because they are not..

I am not trying to compare or equate Christianity with any other religion..

I am just talking about linguistics or language used.. by fellow Christians.

In some non-english languages.. a certain word is used by fellow Christians in those languages.. 

I am guessing that especially in some english-speaking western countries .. perhaps a certain word is often automatically assumed to have just one meaning.. or to be a specific name of specific deity or something along that lines.....    

But what perhaps many english-speaking Christians in those countries might not realise is that in some non-english languages that word also has a Christian meaning when it is used in a Christian context by Christians in those languages.... For example.. when used in a Christian context by Christians in places such as Indonesia.. it is used to refer to the God of the Bible by those Christians.. i.e it is used by them as a general term/title for the Creator.. not as a 'specific name'.

If i may give a different example- perhaps one could consider how in countries such as the USA.. both english-speaking Christians and non-Christians such as Mormonism (a cult) use the same english word 'God'.... This does not automatically mean that Christians in the USA are trying to equate non-Christian beliefs with Christianity simply because they are using the same english word.... Instead in the USA ..both english-speaking Christians and mormons might use the same word .. simply because both groups happen to use the same language i.e the english language....  That does not mean Christianity is the same as mormonism or any other non-Christian religion or cult.... It is just that the same language happens to be used by both Christians and non-Christians in the USA.. 

In some other parts of the world ..both Christians and non-Christians might also sometimes use the same word in some non-english languages.. 

It is simply language that i was refering to in my earlier post.  Because i think some Christians around the world might not realise that their fellow Christians also use a certain word in some languages.. but in a Christian context..

Thanks.

Edited by just_abc