• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  42
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  138
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/09/1965

Well interview went well chap rang today to say enjoyed meeting me bla bla and at this time you have not been successful however you can re apply in 6 months job went to a younger guy 

The joys 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  940
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,412
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

4 hours ago, Sinbad said:

Well interview went well chap rang today to say enjoyed meeting me bla bla and at this time you have not been successful however you can re apply in 6 months job went to a younger guy 

The joys 

Sorry! May God use you mightily  in His good purposes for all of us. I just now realized that if I go to a job interview and lose out, it almost has to be to a younger person by default for I am certain to be the oldest one seeking the job.

But yes it is real age prejudice for perhaps a couple reasons, one we command a higher rate of pay for our greater knowledge; and two, there is fear of us, that we will move up the corporate ladder jump right over the boss that approves us, or that we already know more than the boss will know. It is a rare company that has  human resources department  that can get past that reality, as they have to answer to the department heads and  corporate officers too. They look out for themselves first.

May the light of opportunity shine on the perfect path to the right service in our Lord's will for you very very soon. Amen

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  42
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  138
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/09/1965

Thank you neighbour 

Jane a I have been discussing this I actually thought I had the job there wasn't a question or sinario I couldn't solve I've trained sales people and managers im a people per person however sadly age is a negative the two guys that interviewed me were at the most 25 years old ? 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.26
  • Days Won:  115

3 hours ago, Sinbad said:

Thank you neighbour 

Jane a I have been discussing this I actually thought I had the job there wasn't a question or sinario I couldn't solve I've trained sales people and managers im a people per person however sadly age is a negative the two guys that interviewed me were at the most 25 years old ? 

Well, I can truly understand your situation.  I had to compete with many younger then myself for the position I now have.  I was 60 at the time, but for this one position they needed experience, not youth.  Perhaps you will be as blessed soon with such a position.  DOn't give up!  God has a place for you!!

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,763
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

5 hours ago, Sinbad said:

Thank you neighbour 

Hi Sinbad,it is difficult to compete with the younger people for a job,but there are lots of people who want more mature people working for them , because young people often care only for the money,trust God as He has your best interest in mind, don't give up ,have all your expectations from Him only,He will work everything out for good for them who love the Lord :) He will place you where He wants you !

Praying for you , Angels

• Thumbs Up 1