• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  151
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  3,146
  • Content Per Day:  1.06
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, angels4u said:

Where do you find churches these days who don't sing those songs?

at a said service lol!

4 hours ago, angels4u said:

Mabel, you might like to listen to the Psalm in song?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DkHqaBxPoAM&list=PLs-e_mJnYlwgPUmMnO2erKVXdlWSoRWLn

wow many thanks angels4u this is really really good

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,763
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

1 minute ago, existential mabel said:

wow many thanks angels4u this is really really good

I love it too Mabel !:)

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, angels4u said:

I love it too Mabel !:)

yeah i wanted to do another symbol thingie  as well as the thumbs up but it wouldnt let me :praise God:

8 minutes ago, existential mabel said:

yeah i wanted to do another symbol thingie  as well as the thumbs up but it wouldnt let me :praise God:

Amen Mabel ! 

Praise God indeed  :):emot-heartbeat:

• Thumbs Up 1

36 minutes ago, existential mabel said:

Another nice link is :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=En2kYcKcBr8

• Thumbs Up 2

• 8 months later...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  494
  • Content Per Day:  0.17

On 10/20/2017 at 10:22 AM, shiloh357 said:

Last week, a reporter at BuzzFeed posted an in-depth article after going undercover during prophecy week at the Bethel School of Supernatural Ministry. The school is one of the darling ministries of Bethel Church in Redding, CA, which also includes the music of Jesus Culture and their healing ministry Bethel Sozo. Any look into Bethel is bound to uncover some strange things, and the author certainly did. But despite an excellent exposé, she overlooked something crucial.

Molly Hensley-Clancy's revelation of the charismatic school -- nicknamed Christian Hogwarts by its own students -- presented more than the usual anecdotes of the weird. She also brought to light what Bethel is doing in their own city. They've given money to civic government, invested in the town's infrastructure, and even paid handsomely to save the jobs of four police officers. Bethel Church members have run for public office and started a secular public school (they get by with this saying the message of the "kingdom" is love, not religion).

All the kooky trickery that Bethel is known for was there, too: glory clouds, fire tunnels, grave sucking, dancing, chanting, healing, creepy laughter, and speaking in tongues. Oh, and false prophecy. Lots and lots of false prophecy. As one former student named Chris pointed out, what they call prophecy is no different than when a psychic does a cold reading. Only one out of every hundred prophecies are "true." We hear all about those, which they catalog along with their "miracles" like a baptist church does its baptisms. We never hear about the failures.

Hensley-Clancy also pulled back the veil on the dark side of Bethel's reckless charismaticism, from being a disruption in the community to the point that it has cost people their lives. Perhaps you've heard the story about a man who fell down a cliff and some students of Bethel attempted to heal him before they finally got help. There's another about a young man who died after an asthma attack. Neighborhood Bethelites wasted precious time trying to heal him instead of calling 911.

The coverage was thorough, sure to mention that Bethel is part of the New Apostolic Reformation, (though Hensley-Clancy called it New Apostolic Christianity) before shifting to the new name they wish to go by: the Independent Network Charismatic, or INC. Chris Rosebrough reported earlier that the NAR was attempting to shed the term coined by the late C. Peter Wagner and adopt this new moniker. That's a change we might have to get used to.

Read more at:

https://pastorgabehughes.blogspot.com/2017/10/bethel-church-believes-different-gospel.html?m=1

Great job of judging.  James 4:

10 Humble yourselves before the Lord, and he will lift you up.

11 Brothers and sisters, do not slander one another. Anyone who speaks against a brother or sister[a] or judges them speaks against the law and judges it. When you judge the law, you are not keeping it, but sitting in judgment on it. 12 There is only one Lawgiver and Judge, the one who is able to save and destroy. But you—who are you to judge your neighbor?

Acts 5:37-39 

37 After him, Judas the Galilean appeared in the days of the census and led a band of people in revolt. He too was killed, and all his followers were scattered. 38 Therefore, in the present case I advise you: Leave these men alone! Let them go! For if their purpose or activity is of human origin, it will fail. 39 But if it is from God, you will not be able to stop these men; you will only find yourselves fighting against God.”

The Really smart people of Jesus day said that He was casting out devils by the devil.  They were sure that He was demonic.  Were they correct?

Guest shiloh357
Just now, seeking the lost said:

Great job of judging.  James 4:

10 Humble yourselves before the Lord, and he will lift you up.

11 Brothers and sisters, do not slander one another. Anyone who speaks against a brother or sister[a] or judges them speaks against the law and judges it. When you judge the law, you are not keeping it, but sitting in judgment on it. 12 There is only one Lawgiver and Judge, the one who is able to save and destroy. But you—who are you to judge your neighbor?

Acts 5:37-39 

37 After him, Judas the Galilean appeared in the days of the census and led a band of people in revolt. He too was killed, and all his followers were scattered. 38 Therefore, in the present case I advise you: Leave these men alone! Let them go! For if their purpose or activity is of human origin, it will fail. 39 But if it is from God, you will not be able to stop these men; you will only find yourselves fighting against God.”

The Really smart people of Jesus day said that He was casting out devils by the devil.  They were sure that He was demonic.  Were they correct?

The truth is the truth.   Bethel Church is a mess and they are false teachers with a false gospel.   They are big into lying signs and wonders, as is most of the Charismatic movement.  

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  76
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,261
  • Content Per Day:  0.24

Perhaps some here who still side with this false pastor might consider this man's testimony on coming out from Bill Johnson's Bethel church in Redding CA.
I and a few others here can hope...

Over the years I've seen the same things in many of the Charismatic and Pentecostal churches not only in our area, but a few of our adjacent states as well.

In exposing this nonsense, we would often pray, asking God for folks to be delivered from these false signs and wonders churches that I knew to be operating in the demonic, and not in the Christ or the Holy Spirit of the Bible. Also asking for His protection as Satan does not care to have his ministers or envoys exposed.
In the few years I've been at Worthy, some of the members who continue to support this very nonsense I've been slightly surprised at as well.

The last "fire tunnel, portal" pastor I ran into, upon my expounding on the demonic involved in this kind of witchcraft pretty much flipped out on me in front of a number of other people. I simply told him "you sir need to repent!" letting folks in our hearing he was no "pastor."

15 hours ago, Yowm said:

Part of his testimony on coming out from Bill Johnson's cult:

"Even from my first visit, I would get myriad ”words of knowledge” spoken to me by many people EVERYDAY. I still have them written down. I think maybe ONE came true, but I know NOW that it was just a lucky guess..the rest em’?? UN-lucky guesses…lol.

So to make a long story short , I absorbed every thing Bethel offered I dove in seven days a week. I had my first ”fire tunnel” experience at a house…my first impression…OVERRATED!! While everyone else that went through it laughed and convulsed hysterically, I was unaffected EVEN in spite of the countless attempts of others to ”IMPART” (one of their buzz words) into me what they were feeling.

Also, I found it strange that I couldn’t even communicate with people even about simple matters like the weather or a basketball game without them jerking, shaking or convulsing…these convulsions were so profuse within the cult that for me it QUICKLY became overkill.

Another idiosyncrasy was the constant belting out of the phrase…”’WHOA” OR ”WOE This is heard constantly. Still seeing through rose colored glasses though, I overlooked the weird behavior and justified it by concluding that ”God loves it when his kids are having fun with Him” Gradually though, I started deducing that this wasn’t mere fun…it was borderline mockery, the shaking, the jerking, the laughing, the cackling, the convulsing….it just went on TOOOO MUCH!!! If it were done in moderation, it may have gone undetected by me, but this was INSANE!!!

Later, I started noticing a LOT of name dropping from the pulpit (mostly from Bill Johnson) of false prophets and wolves like Bob Jones, Patricia King, Todd Bentley, Heidi Baker, and a plethora of othersThis was constant, and when these names were mentioned, cheers went up with the fervor and magnitude of a Super Bowl touchdown reaction. During my entire time there, I NEVER ONCE heard Jesus get even a fraction of that type of praise,worship, or delightful frenzy. I might add that NEVER ONCE did I hear salvation, repentance, holiness, righteousness, judgment, or wrath preached, neither from the pulpit nor when I’d travel the streets with them. The whole business plan (because it’s NOT a ministry) is to focus on LYING signs and wonders….impotent magic tricks. I’ve always wondered why Bill would rave about all of these so-called and UNDOCUMENTED ”miracles” happening through Bethel around the world, YET, when it comes to home, we never get to see any of em’ manifested. For instance, Bill and his wife both wear prescription glasseswhere’s the healing?? Bill had a hernia surgically removedWHAT??? No miracle?? Bill’s son Eric is deaf and has a speech impedimentC’mon Bill…that’s your son..HEAL HIM!!!…Bill and his wife have gray hair (a sign of zinc deficiency)…but no ”supernatural” intervention has taken place, yet all of this GREAT stuff is happening EVERYWHERE ELSE EXCEPT HOME ON BETHEL’S TURF!!! Gimme a break!!!.

The real thing that got me though was the death of little J.C. the infant of two dear Korean friends of mine. He died from cancer at two years old. Prayers went out for him every second of the day. People jerked, shook, laughed, convulsed, spoke in (FAKE/DEMONIC) tongues over him…the works…and when he died, we were left with feeble excuses like ”God needed him more”

"...There was a class held every Sunday called ”Fire Starters” birthed out of the Toronto Blessing movement. This class was supposed to ..get this…”TEACH” PEOPLE HOW TO PROPHESY…LOL!!! Yes…I laughed too!! So anyway, every class people were randomly called to the front of the room, they were lined up, and asked to pick someone in the room and give them a word of knowledge…BUT THERE WERE RULES…WHAT EVER YOU SAID HAD TO BE SWEET, KIND, AND MAKE THE PERSON ”FEEL” GOOD…Those are the rules verbatim!!!"

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  21
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

I was at the church for a weekend, it was probably one of the most blessed and refreshing time I've had in a while. Met people who are so in love with Jesus and demonstrate His love, really kind and friendly people too.

• Praise God! 1