• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  22

little story here:

on another forum there was someone who had attended Bethel and when the subject of Bethel came up in that forum, they defended it and said they saw nothing wrong there

long story short: this same person pm'ed some people and apparently had some strange beliefs.  they also began to 'teach' on this other forum and it just got stranger

before you knew it, we were being told that the Lord's prayer was obsolete, and most of what Jesus taught was OT so don't bother with that either...too restricting

finally the mods had enough and banned that person

by that time, people were being called liars if they disagreed with the outlandish posts and the person's once suave demeanor was little more than a cloak because the real beliefs under it, were not biblical

judging a place by how it 'feels' or because there are sincere people there, is not the criteria of truth

• Brilliant! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,784
  • Content Per Day:  6.23
  • Days Won:  58

On 8/30/2018 at 12:25 PM, ayin jade said:

I looked to verify this, as my husband has known copts who do not believe that, and could not find anything to support your claim. That Jesus was only a prophet is islam not coptic. I would appreciate a source for your claim. 

@Fidei DefensorI would really like to know your source since I cant find anything to support your claim.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  43
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  650
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Days Won:  0

Thanks @shiloh357 for warning us about these doctrines.

If someone would believe Jesus' suggestions on prayer in Matthew 6, he/she wouldn' t be subject to these "Bethel"-like doctrines, NOR to other distortions of prayer.

If someone would reason on how Jesus saw miracles (John 4:48, several other verses), not as the goal of His message But as a tool to demonstrate He was the son of God, he wouldn' t be subject to " Bethel"-like doctrines.

If someone would reason on the blessed hope of Jesus Return to wipe away every tear, he wouldn' t be subject to "Bethel"-like doctrines.

There is an hidden link between bethel-style doctrines and preterism.

They both unconsciously spread the lie that the Kingdom is on this earth, here and now, and that we are the ones who will fix the world problems with the power of God.

This is wrong on so many levels, and this belief delays the Return of the Lord because people who believe it don' t desire it anymore, NOR pray for it. (They don' t fulfill at all Luke 18:1-8)

Jesus never said that We will fix all problems.

Instead He said:

At that time many will turn away from the faith and will betray and hate each other, 11 and many false prophets will appear and deceive many people. 12 Because of the increase of wickedness, the love of most will grow cold,13 but the one who stands firm to the end will be saved. 14 And this gospel of the kingdomwill be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come.

Edited by listener24

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  165
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  1.58
  • Days Won:  15

On 8/31/2018 at 7:25 AM, Sevenseas said:

well, ignorance is not the bliss it's rumored to be

well if you don't know much about Bethel, why semi contradict those who do and tell them 'oh let's not condemn them?'

that sounds an awful lot like religious 'crack' to me

as far as I am concerned, if the baby is a little devil...out it goes LOL!

we do not call people good and 'godly' because of ignorance

I find your post kind of double minded

Do you here yourself? Calling someone you do not know crack pot? How loving (John 13:34-35). 

I concede that there are others who know more about Bethel and their doctrines. I merely was calling for understanding that there are those who tune in sporadically to Bethel and they arnt yet aquatinted with any notion of error in that church shouldn’t be gaged the same as an acolyte of Bethel. 

39 minutes ago, Fidei Defensor said:

Do you here yourself? Calling someone you do not know crack pot? How loving (John 13:34-35). 

I concede that there are others who know more about Bethel and their doctrines. I merely was calling for understanding that there are those who tune in sporadically to Bethel and they arnt yet aquatinted with any notion of error in that church shouldn’t be gaged the same as an acolyte of Bethel. 

no.  what I 'hear' is you making things up

how do you get me calling someone a crack pot when I made reference to the erroneous teaching and not to an individual?

you do what you say you want others not to do

it seems you are locked out of understanding what is being discussed here

another time perhaps

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,102
  • Content Per Day:  0.49
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  11/07/1984

I love Bethel and have had the privilage with working with many students from the school. They are some of the most humble, onfire, passionate, and sold out for the Gospel servants I have met. I have also been on missions with believers from Bethel and they are making a huge impact in the world for the Gospel.  

Edited by Joshua-777
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  238
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  6,778
  • Content Per Day:  3.24
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

24 minutes ago, Joshua-777 said:

I love Bethel and have had the privilage with working with many students from the school. They are some of the most humble, onfire, passionate, and sold out for the Gospel servants I have met. I have also been on missions with believers from Bethel and they are making a huge impact in the world for the Gospel.  

This could be said of Mormons, JW's, Roman Catholics etc. Doctrine and practice...are they sound?

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,102
  • Content Per Day:  0.49
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  11/07/1984

7 hours ago, Michael37 said:

This could be said of Mormons, JW's, Roman Catholics etc. Doctrine and practice...are they sound?

They believe Jesus is the son of God, born of a virgin, lived a perfect life, died on a cross for all mans sins, and rose again. They believe that we are saved through faith in Jesus and repentance, (turning from sin to serve the living God). the believe in a literal heaven and hell, and that Jesus is coming again. Te believe in the authority of scripture. They also believe the continuation of spiritual gifts and the need to spread the Gospel of Jesus Christ to the ends of the earth,

They hold to the core doctrines of Christianity

1 Corinthians 12:3 Therefore I make known to you that no one speaking by the Spirit of God calls Jesus accursed, and no one can say that Jesus is Lord except by the Holy Spirit.
1 John 4:2 By this you know the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is of God,

They carry the fruit of the Spirit. I have ministered with many people from Bethel, and Some of my good friends have graduated Bethel's school. The fruit of the Spirit is abundant in their lives, they are humble, passionately in love with Jesus, bold to share the Gospel of Christ, and many of them are leading non-believers to the Lord on a daily basis.

Matthew 7:17 Even so, every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit. 18 A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, nor can a bad tree bear good fruit. 19 Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. 20 Therefore by their fruits you will know them.

I have asked many people who go to the school about "grave sucking" and other strange things heresy hunters like to accuse them of and each one of them think that is ridiculous and it it not taught, practiced, or encouraged at Bethel. Bill Johnson Himself did an interview with Dr. Brown addressing many of these issues. If someone has something against Bethel, let them get it from Bethel first hand and not some heresy hunter video or blog. People slant and twist their opinions and even straight up lie about it. The devil is the accuser of brethren, we should never act like him.

2 hours ago, Davida said:

It HAS been taught! The Devil is a LIAR and a deceiver . This is not a case of " he says she says".... there is a long catalog of evidence against Bethel and Johnson. It goes without saying those who are involved in the  charismatic false teachings are continuously either going to deny it, or be in denial and going to defend it. 

sadly that is true

Johnston was actually Pentecostal when he started out as was his father

no longer true though.  he has become a leading teacher of the New Apostolic Reformation

people may not want to be deceived but they are and there will be a day of understanding what is really happening at that church and others like it

I have done quite a bit of research into NAR and it is not just a passing phase, but is continuing to develop and becoming bolder in their advance of what the Bible actually calls witchcraft; manipulative, abusive, false prophecies and false 'signs and wonders' it is as if they have thrown away all understanding of biblical doctrine and are reinventing the gospel

people who say 'hold on a minute' are dismissed as 'religious' and waved off as not having the understanding they project...which is actually no more than being led by false spirits...doctrines of demons

it's very popular and those who have been burned by the precursor to it, as I was, understand full well the implications

Edited by Sevenseas
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  21
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

4 hours ago, Davida said:

It HAS been taught! The Devil is a LIAR and a deceiver . This is not a case of " he says she says".... there is a long catalog of evidence against Bethel and Johnson. It goes without saying those who are involved in the  charismatic false teachings are continuously either going to deny it, or be in denial and going to defend it. 

Lol