• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,102
  • Content Per Day:  0.49
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  11/07/1984

9 minutes ago, Fidei Defensor said:

Another problem in Charismata Churches is they don’t test the prophecies, “29Two or three prophets should speak, and the others should weigh (test) carefully what is said,” (1 Corinthians 14:29) and “Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, for many false prophets have gone out into the world.“ (1 John 4:1). One must test the spirits and prophecy with Scripture, “All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness,“ (2 Timothy 3:16), and the discerning of spirits gift of the Holy Spirit, “to another distinguishing between spirits.”(1 Corinthians 12:10). 

I agree, this is a problem. We are supposed to judge prophetic words and be held accountable to what is said.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,763
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

1 hour ago, Joshua-777 said:

Hi Angel4U, I listened to part 1 and so far it goes against some foundational teachings of Bethel. They do not believe the glory of God left Jerusalem and came to Redding, they believe all believers carry the presence of God though the Holy Spirit. The "if you dont go God will make you sick" Is directly against a core teaching "that God doesn't give people sickness" The rest is the same heresy hunter warnings you see on youtube. Please go to the source. Find sermons by Bill Johnson or other leaders from Bethel and go to scripture and find what they say and where they error.

Also, I can't say I agree on everything they teach, but minor differences in theology is not a salvation issue. 

I don't think you're honest ,if this girl was your daughter,what would you do ? Do you really think these parents lied about what happened to their daughter? I'm glad they spoke up so other parents can see this as a warning,it is very unbiblical how the Bethel Church and Bill Johnsen operates,there is a spirit of religion but it's not the Spirit of God..

In the last days ,many people will be deceived and their so called Shepards will be held responsible....

Maybe I ask which part of the Bethel Church teaching you don't agree with?

• Group:  Royal Member

22 minutes ago, Davida said:

Hate to you is speaking out against someone you look up to and calling them ( Johnson) a wolf &  false teacher.  They forgot to test the teachings, forgot to the spirits , and forgot to test the prophets.   I got news, there is no hatred or malice,  to judge & warn  that's what we are supposed to do--judge by righteous judgment.  The victims /i.e the followers of NAR & johnson have been brainwashed, their ears have been tickled, they flop around the floor giggling - that is not the Holy Spirit that is being transferred.  Johnson is preaching a false gospel and a false Jesus.  The energy they transfer isn't an anointing by the Holy Spirit.  This stuff all goes back to Branham and it's spiritual deception and it's demonic.  

The malice would be is letting it go without speaking out about it.   

Warning is different. When you mix in name calling, mocking, and slander is where you really get in error. The devil is the accuser of brethren. When someone is a believer in Jesus and you are calling him satan, that's not wise, especially since we will be judged by the same standard we use to judge others. If he's deceived, then show what he teaches and show in scripture where he is in error. Now if you want him judged in his sin or delivered from it? You say its a different Gospel. prove it. What Jess are they preaching? quote the source, not mans opinion of whats going on.

1 hour ago, angels4u said:

I don't think you're honest ,if this girl was your daughter,what would you do ? Do you really think these parents lied about what happened to their daughter? I'm glad they spoke up so other parents can see this as a warning,it is very unbiblical how the Bethel Church and Bill Johnsen operates,there is a spirit of religion but it's not the Spirit of God..

In the last days ,many people will be deceived and their so called Shepards will be held responsible....

Maybe I ask which part of the Bethel Church teaching you don't agree with?

I think these parents had been fed a lot of fear and paranoia from heresy hunters and believed it.

with what I disagree with, 

I don’t so much agree with sozo, (prophetic inner healing) I’ve seen too many people get weird with it.

I have heard a range of eschatology out of bethel, many of them hold different beliefs from one another.

A few other things im still searching to see where they stand on,

Edited by Joshua-777

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  76
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,261
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Days Won:  0

In hopes some folks may come out from the deep deception that Bethel and others stuck in similar places like this. A number in our area are very similar, and it's not the Christ of the Bible.

People can trade one sinful vice for another supernatural sinful vice, and it still not be from God's kingdom.

The Swami Satchidananda who spoke at WoodStock festival in 69 mentioned to the mass of people in his hearing that they could trade their drugs in for a similar spiritual high through Eastern Meditation.
Fast forward 49 years, and this same type of meditation has made inroads in to many Church denominations, only they call it "meditation, centering prayer, mindfulness, the silence, be still, and it's many other various names that bring one into contact with religious spirits that are not from God's Kingdom.

When a man or woman has proven to be in falsehood, quit following that man, and continue to love and follow Christ as He has outlined Himself in His Word.

I am by no means doing any hating here, but loving enough to call to those involved for your repentance, and warning many folks in our day to "...Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins."

A good 16 page read:
Beware of Bethel: A Brief Summary of Bill Johnson’s Unbiblical Teachings

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  165
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  1.58
  • Days Won:  15

15 hours ago, Joshua-777 said:

I think these parents had been fed a lot of fear and paranoia from heresy hunters and believed it.

with what I disagree with, 

I don’t so much agree with sozo, (prophetic inner healing) I’ve seen too many people get weird with it.

I have heard a range of eschatology out of bethel, many of them hold different beliefs from one another.

A few other things im still searching to see where they stand on,

Sozo or the inner healing streams was corrected (reproved) in 70’s. It has New Age aspects and should be avoided. Jesus heals us in present, even if our pain is  from the past. Take for instance all the people He healed, he never once said go into your inner self or remeber back and  picture Jesus there; these are false teaching that have their origin in Agnes Sanford; she was corrected and rebuked by leaders in the faith. 

As he went along, he saw a man blind from birth. 2 His disciples asked him, “Rabbi, who sinned, this man or his parents, that he was born blind?” 3“Neither this man nor his parents sinned,”said Jesus, “but this happened so that the works of God might be displayed in him.4 As long as it is day, we must do the works of him who sent me. Night is coming, when no one can work. 5 While I am in the world, I am the light of the world.” 6 After saying this, he spit on the ground, made some mud with the saliva, and put it on the man’s eyes. 7 “Go,” he told him, “wash in the Pool of Siloam” (this word means “Sent”). So the man went and washed, and came home seeing.“ (John 9:1-7). 

Edited by Fidei Defensor
  • Thumbs Up 2

Guest shiloh357
10 hours ago, Joshua-777 said:

You have an issue with the Word of Faith denomination. Not the same thing.

Johnson is part of that movement.  And it is exactly what Charismatics do today.  They take events that happened in the Bible and they teach that we should expect those things to happen today.   And there is simply nothing in the Bible to support that teaching.

With the Glory of the Lord, we are the new temple, filled with His Presence through His Spirit, it's not the same thing, it's even better!!!

2 Corinthians3:9 For if the ministry of condemnation had glory, the ministry of righteousness exceeds much more in glory. 10 For even what was made glorious had no glory in this respect, because of the glory that excels.

That doesn't mean, nor does it teach that we can expect the same supernatural events to occur today.  God never promises anything like that.   

Also, glory clouds or gold dust don't come to those seeing it, no one was searching for gold dust or clouds when they showed up they were lost in worship and it happened. My friend Keven was at Bethel and he said that night, the church was in deep worship singing the Lords Prayer and then the glory cloud hit, the gold dust was coming up from the floor floating the the ceiling.

I don't know how many times I hear people use glory clouds and gold dust and other manifestations as selling point for this or that evangelist's meetings, trying to gin up attendance.   They do seek and search for those things.   And just because things happen, it doesn't mean it was God.   God doesn't do parlor tricks.  We don't see these kinds of silly manifestations happening in the New Testament.   When the glory filled the temple in the OT, it was a dreadful thing.  Any time the manifest presence of God came on the scene, it was a jumping up and down Charismatic service.   People were put on the ground in fear and dread.  Daniel, almost died from his experience of the power of God's presence.   

I responded earlier with much scripture, from the old testament, to the new about the manifest glory of the Lord, can you show me in scripture why that wouldn't happen or that God wouldn't do something like that ever again?

God can do what ever He wants.   My point is that God isn't doing those things.   When God performed miracles, they were signs.  They were meant in some cases to affirm the authority of His prophets and leaders.  He wasn't showing off or just doing something to give people their jollies at a worship service.   He didn't just do  manifestations.   In Scripture, miracles were used by God to show that the messenger and the message were from  Him.   

Today, God speaks to us through His word.   We have the only words we will ever hear from God, in the Bible.   The Holy Spirit illumines the Word to us. 

Much of what is happening isn't from God.   Case in point: Heidi Baker...   You can go to YouTube and enter:  "Heidi Baker - Demonic impartation"  and there will be a video where she imparts an evil spirit into a young man.  This happens AT BETHEL and Bill Johnson is there.  You can see him in the video.  Once this young man receives that spirit, he is writhing in pain and torment.  It is pretty horrific.   Watch all the way to the end.    There is nothing about the Holy Spirit in what is happening to him.   That is demonic.

She lies about "resurrections"  occurring in her ministry.    It's all just a sham.   But to actually see this kid writhing about like his whole body is being tormented is really heart breaking.  Baker is a false prophet who as a lot to answer for when she stands before the throne.

Edited to Add>>>   This is the video I mentioned.   It was broadcasted on iBethel.TV   You can see Bill Johnson in beginning of video and you can see the young man I mentioned at about the 4:00 minute mark.   If the video hasn't been approved by the mods yet, go check it out on YouTube.

• Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,763
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

2 minutes ago, Cobalt1959 said:

Well, it took you a while but you finally succumbed to the Internet version of Godwin's Law and dropped the hate word.  It actually has no credence here, but that won't stop you from pulling it like a gun when all other efforts to defend Bethel fail.  That word has no effect on me, or several others here because it is not applicable.  No one hates Bill Johnson or Bethel and while you are tossing around words like "hatred" and "condemning," you are doing the exact thing in the above post that you are accusing others of.  The difference being, we are not engaged in hatred, but you are engaging in condemnation.  And you don't know any of us from a box of Post Toasties.

Pointing out false doctrine is not hatred.  We are commanded, as believers to do so.  Bethel's false teachings do not become acceptable doctrine because you refuse to examine them biblically and exercise discernment outside of Bethel's influence.  The fact that they engage in grave soaking, New Age tripe like crystals, contemplative prayer, what borders on angel worship and a great many other questionable practices is not done away with simply because you say they do not or fail to believe that they actually do.  Proof of what they teach and practice is all over the Internet in the form of videos and their own words.  They testify against themselves.  If you want to continue to operate in a fairly misguided "church," that is your prerogative, but you are way out of line when accusing us of lies and hatred, and you have no right to tell people they should not warn others about dangerous false teachers.

This "spirit" they operate in is not of God.  You hate hearing that, but it is none-the-less true.  There are only two sources of spiritual power in this world.  One is from God.  The other is from God's worst enemy, so any kind of spiritual "power" that does not come from God only comes from one other place.  There are no other available options.  That should prompt you to some sober thought, research and prayer, but you continually deny that the possibility exists.

Joshua , Cobalts is right in all he said , did you ever looked into all the things people mentioned about bill Johnson and the Bethel Church ,why are you defending them so much ? Don't you think the enemy is glorified in all of that stuff which is going on in that church? He's happy if he can get people's attention off the Bible ,people are looking for good feelings,it's like taking drugs,the Bible wants us to be sober and to be in control, are all those people who are shouting and shaking in control? I believe the enemy got really serieus with deceiving people around that time of the Toronto blessing,he was always a deceiver but from that time on ,he was (and is ) really after the people who are looking for truth and giving them a form of religion which cannot save, I'm not saying there are no born again Christians in that group but many are deceived, I am older then you and seen many things changing in this world and this is a big one ,for you own sake and your families pray and search the Bible of what is of God and what is of the God of this world. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  40,770
  • Content Per Day:  7.95
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

On ‎8‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 6:44 PM, Fidei Defensor said:

That is like LDS, Coptic, JW, and others.

When a denomination confesses Jesus Christ as Son of God and the Savior who is One with the Father and Holy Spirit, they arnt a deception or false christ. 

When satan claims to be of God is it truth or lie? So when his children do the same is it truth or lie? We are to discern the s /  Spirits whether they are of God or not... what is said can be potentially truth or lie it is by their fruit we shall know them! Is their focus upon here and now with the desire of things here and now  -or- with God where He 'IS' here and now…. 

Edited by enoob57
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  40,770
  • Content Per Day:  7.95
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

2 hours ago, Yowm said:

And is their focus on the miraculous or God’s Word?...

2 Thessalonians 2:9-11 NKJV
[9] The coming of the lawless one is according to the working of Satan, with all power, signs, and lying wonders, [10] and with all unrighteous deception among those who perish, because they did not receive the love of the truth, that they might be saved. [11] And for this reason God will send them strong delusion, that they should believe the lie,

It is a key to how the elect will not be deceived by … they do not need a sign as they have God's Word as sufficiency!