• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  22

'destiny' is one of the buzzwords for this movement

when you hear people speaking of 'destiny' as in 'moving forward' or 'breakthrough' they are either involved or on the fringes

either way, it's a word that identifies this group

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.92
  • Days Won:  5

Could you elaborate on this “ Christian fortune telling?”........... Sounds like an easy way to make a quick buck.....my horoscope said that I was about to come into some money! .......lol

• Haha 1

Just now, Davida said:

Good points, true the arrogance is staggering.

it's the deceived leading the deceived

and since so much mutual admiration and complimentary 'prophecy' goes on, they have a bond that is hard to break

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  40,770
  • Content Per Day:  7.95
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

Because they have not made God's Word their foundation but their own inner feelings they are drifting toward what was prophesied of them

Proverbs 17:15
15 He that justifieth the wicked, and he that condemneth the just, even they both are abomination to the LORD.
KJV

Malachi 2:17
17 Ye have wearied the LORD with your words. Yet ye say, Wherein have we wearied him? When ye say, Every one that doeth evil is good in the sight of the LORD, and he delighteth in them; or, Where is the God of judgment?
KJV

Malachi 3:15
15 And now we call the proud happy; yea, they that work wickedness are set up; yea, they that tempt God are even delivered.
KJV

Matthew 6:23
23 But if thine eye be evil, thy whole body shall be full of darkness. If therefore the light that is in thee be darkness, how great is that darkness!

Luke 11:35
35 Take heed therefore that the light which is in thee be not darkness.
KJV

Luke 16:15
15 And he said unto them, Ye are they which justify yourselves before men; but God knoweth your hearts: for that which is highly esteemed among men is abomination in the sight of God.
KJV

2 Timothy 3:1-5
3 This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.
2 For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,
3 Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,
4 Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;
5 Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.
KJV

2 Peter 2:1
2 But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction.
KJV

2 Peter 2:18-19
18 For when they speak great swelling words of vanity, they allure through the lusts of the flesh, through much wantonness, those that were clean escaped from them who live in error.
19 While they promise them liberty, they themselves are the servants of corruption: for of whom a man is overcome, of the same is he brought in bondage.
KJV

Edited by enoob57
  • This is Worthy 1
  • Brilliant! 1

here's a link to what is called 'the Charismatic Day of Infamy'

Wagner, part of the 500 (prob more now) 'recognized Apostles'...meaning they back and self congratulate and recognize each other', and the comissionig of Bentley just before the Lakeland fiasco in which Bentley punched a man with cancer in the stomach and declared him healed (man later died, not of the punch bu it did cause plenty of extra pain) and where the truth about his adultery came out

some of the words said over Bentley BEFORE the adultery and other abusive practices were exposed and remember, that all these so called prophets were prophesing over Bentley when they said the following words.  why did no prophets expose his adultery?

well that would be because they are the false prophets of the OT saying peace peace when there is no peace.  words 'prophesied':

"I take the apostolic authority that God has given me and I decree to you Todd Bentley:

• Your power will increase.
  • Your authority will increase.
  • Your favor will increase.
  • Your influence will increase.
  • I also decree that a new supernatural strength will flow through this ministry.
  • A new life-force will penetrate this move of God.
  • Government will be established to set things in their proper order.
  • God will pour out a higher level of discernment to distinguish truth from error.
  • New relationships will surface to open the gates for the future!" 

there is also info about the infamous Bentley angel 'Emma' on this site that we no longer hear about but was all the rage back in the day 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,102
  • Content Per Day:  0.49
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  11/07/1984

I'm going to step out of this topic. I have too many other things going on right now and it's easy for me to get one track minded.

For me these people are more than just a Church out there but some of my best friends and family. I have had over eight years of experience of working with them and some powerful encounters with the Lord through their ministry and can say with confidence that many things they are accused of are simply not true, or misunderstood or twisted.

Davida, God bless you bro. Sorry for dropping the hate word when I don't know your heart. I have just been seeing people praise God for the fires in Redding and declaring it's God's judgement against bethel, as well as many other things that would drop in the hate category.

I personally believe that on the grounds of who Jesus is, and what He did for us, we can always find unity regardless what denominational life we fall in. I also believe the Church can have a greater impact on the world when one hand is not trying to chop the other hand off. I also will say that to Charasmatics who cut people off as well, we need eachother. The Charasmatic movement is strong in faith, prayer, and worshiping the Lord, but needs people to challenge it with sound doctrine and keep it grounded in the foundation of the Word.

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,784
  • Content Per Day:  6.23
  • Days Won:  58

4 hours ago, Sevenseas said:

there is also info about the infamous Bentley angel 'Emma' on this site that we no longer hear about but was all the rage back in the day 

Oh wow I remember emma. I read bentleys own words where he said you must believe in emma and linked it to salvation (forget how that was linked). If I hadnt already known he was off the rails, that alone would have told me he violated scripture by preaching another gospel.

• Thumbs Up 2

42 minutes ago, Cobalt1959 said:

Bentley is still fixated with angels, and he is still talking about them.  He has now put a financial spin on them so that your special financial angel can bring you prosperity!, (hint, hint. . .)

Someone else here called Bentley a "broken vessel," as if he was orthodox at the beginning  but just slowly went off the rails.  He was a train wreck from the beginning and Hyper Charismatics get off on this so-called "spiritual" stuff more than anything else.  So when Lakeland ask Bentley to come and preach for one night and he wowed them with a show, they gave him a permanent gig.  That just encouraged him to turn it up to 11 every time he went on stage.  He says, in his own words, that God told him not to talk about Jesus, but talk about, "the angel."

Nobody critically examines these kinds of statements?  The people who invited him to Lakeland didn't see his fetish with angels as a problem?  God is not going to tell anyone not to talk about Jesus.  The angel thing should have been the major indicator that Bentley's doctrine was severely messed up.  But heh, it's all about the numbers.  Bentley is packing them in and he has turned Signs & Wonders up to an AC/DC level, so it couldn't be wrong.

Right?

Then C. Peter Wagner and 12 of his pals from the ICA, including Bill Johnson go down to Lakeland and give Bentley an "Apostolic alignement," and give all kinds of grandiose prophecies over him.  Less than 2 months later Bentley is a flash in the pan because he is caught having an affair with someone who isn't his wife.  Wagner later goes on to try and minimize his role in the entire debacle, saying he had no way out of it and it was actually Che Ann's fault.  What a class act.  The entire Hyper Charismatic movement is like this.  Rush in to endorse the latest rising star and then drop them like they are hot when they crash.  As long as there is lots of Signs & Wonders going on to validate the activity as "spiritual," collateral damage is ignored.

oh is he?  I haven't kept up with his latest trends...I left off where the angel angle was getting the low key treatment.  thx for keeping us up to speed

does a woman have to become a prostitute to share the gospel with them?  in the same regard, does a person have to look like a member of Hell's Angels in order to be relevant? they will point to Paul and say Paul said he would be what he needed to be in order to witness of Christ.  does anyone suppose that means he sinned like no tomorrow to sinners?

we know what scripture says about angel worship and if even an angel should bring another gospel...the devil must laugh himself sick at people doing the opposite of what scripture says and everyone going oooo and aaaaaaah. and then the excuse is the church doesn't believe in the supernatural

that is the equivalent of introducing a stage 3 rocket to a child and telling them to drive it.  what is really going on (and you sound like you can figure it out and prob have) is introducing people who are ignorant, do not use discernment and think they do not have to because they are in a 'church'; in other words they are defenseless to what is about to hit them and go home with them, to a world they have 0 knowledge of and without caution they enter into it...lifting their hands, swaying, emptying their minds of common sense and accepting all the feelings washing over them

what a setup

right

the trip to Lakeland by the fake Apostles was writing on the wall for anyone with ears and eyes to see the entire movement for what it is

if you didn't get it then, you sure 'nuff should have got it after

the worst part?  ignorance is no excuse.  we are warned over and over about deception.  we have the OT to see what happens physically when the spiritual is allowed to overcome those who should know better

God removes Himself.

when you are in this world, you almost cannot remove yourself without some kind of intervention. 

Edited by Sevenseas

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,784
  • Content Per Day:  6.23
  • Days Won:  58

48 minutes ago, Cobalt1959 said:

I was going to comment that this was Bentley engaged in the whole angel fetish until I remembered that Beni Johnson, Bill Johnson's wife is afflicted as well.  Below is a quote from her own personal blog:

In the very first paragraph of this blog she says it is time for the angels to be woke up because they have been "bored" for a long time.

I noticed two things, just in those two paragraphs above.  First of all, where they were heading in their Holy RV.  Sedona.  The Sedona/Redrock area is a real hot spot for New Agers.  This is where a bunch of people gathered for the Harmonic Convergence in 1987.  New Agers believe there is one of their special spiritual vortexes into another world here.

Second, the angels didn't have to do much in the above scenario.  Notice that Beni says that "God is up to something big."  So they stop, she blows the shofar (cliche), rings a bell and they wake up the angels!   She says that God was working with "energy and quickness."  Then they climb back on the RV and drive down the road laughing.  They disturbed the angels from their nap.  This is what amounts to the "spititual" at Bethel.  This was a breakthrough.  But virtually nothing at all happened.

If you keeping reading this same blog in the next paragraph Beni talks about an angel that helps someone at the church find their Bible.  I'm not kidding.  That angels purpose that day was to help someone who lost their Bible.  It is difficult for me to believe that she would write something like the above from the angle that it is this huge spiritual breakthrough for the Kingdom, when nothing actually happened.  I find it even harder to believe that the members of Bethel view it the exact same way and don't understand it's smoke and mirrors.  Parlor tricks.  Bread & Circuses.  

Sedona ...

Beautiful place. Been there a few times myself. But it is getting weirder every day with new age junk. From various b and bs to mystic retreats to shops and restaurants, new age infiltrates all of it. 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  1,261
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Days Won:  0

On 9/5/2018 at 3:53 AM, Sevenseas said:

...it's still in God's records though and they are going to reap a harvest they will not know what to do with

Yep.

Hebrews 10:31  It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.