brakelite

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  977
  • Content Per Day:  0.21
  • Days Won:  0

If the Bible was truly the basis of doctrine and practice, there wouldn't be a Sunday observer in Christendom.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Oy Vey! 1

Guest shiloh357
6 minutes ago, brakelite said:

If the Bible was truly the basis of doctrine and practice, there wouldn't be a Sunday observer in Christendom.

That is not true.  It is cults like the SDA that promote the Sabbath as part of a works-based system of righteousness that leads many to Hell.

I'll ignore the usual weak comeback, and ask you to defend Sunday observance from the scriptures....only...explaining why it should not be classified as one of the most widely accepted false doctrines in the church.

• Thumbs Up 3

Guest shiloh357
6 minutes ago, brakelite said:

I'll ignore the usual weak comeback, and ask you to defend Sunday observance from the scriptures....only...explaining why it should not be classified as one of the most widely accepted false doctrines in the church.

I don't need to defend anything.  The early church met every day of the week, not just on Saturday.   The sabbath day was only ever given to Israel, never to the Church (and the SDA is not part of the Church or the Kingdom of God.)   The SDA uses the Sabbath as a litmus test for salvation and that is what makes the SDA doctrine the invention of Satan.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,602
  • Content Per Day:  4.02
  • Days Won:  21

2 hours ago, brakelite said:

Agreed. Plus the real Passover sequence is Yeshua being raised towards the end of the weekly Sabbath.

This one anti-Semitic stance is profound in its repercussions and a veritable cascade of errors.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,573
  • Content Per Day:  0.52

4 hours ago, brakelite said:

Sunday observance can be clearly and easily proven in the bible

Mark 16:2

And very early in the morning the first day of the week, they came unto the sepulchre at the rising of the sun.

Secondly, Jesus rose again on the third day. The first being Friday, then Saturday, and Sunday being the third day.

Luke 13:31-35

31 At that time some Pharisees came to Jesus and said to him, "Leave this place and go somewhere else. Herod wants to kill you." 32 He replied, "Go tell that fox, 'I will drive out demons and heal people today and tomorrow, and on the third day I will reach my goal.' 33 In any case, I must keep going today and tomorrow and the next day—for surely no prophet can die outside Jerusalem! 34 "O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, you who kill the prophets and stone those sent to you, how often I have longed to gather your children together, as a hen gathers her chicks under her wings, but you were not willing! 35 Look, your house is left to you desolate. I tell you, you will not see me again until you say, 'Blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord.'"

Mark 16:1-2

And when the sabbath was past, Mary Magdalene, and Mary the mother of James, and Salome, had bought sweet spices, that they might come and anoint him.

2 And very early in the morning the first day of the week, they came unto the sepulchre at the rising of the sun.

Matthew 28:1

1 In the end of the sabbath, as it began to dawn toward the first day of the week, came Mary Magdalene and the other Mary to see the sepulchre.

Jesus rose during the fourth watch of the night which happens between 3 and 6 am. And the scripture is clear that He rose on the FIRST DAY OF THE WEEK, SUNDAY, when the sun was just beginning to show

I recommend you fond a book called NOTES ON THE BOOK OF GENESIS by Charles Henry Mackintosh. It talks about the Sabbath day and Sunday observance in one of the early chapters. It should explain it perfectly for you

Edited by TheMatrixHasU71

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,602
  • Content Per Day:  4.02
  • Days Won:  21

18 minutes ago, TheMatrixHasU71 said:

And very early in the morning the first day of the week, they came unto the sepulchre at the rising of the sun.

Secondly, Jesus rose again on the third day. The first being Friday, then Saturday, and Sunday being the third day.

31 At that time some Pharisees came to Jesus and said to him, "Leave this place and go somewhere else. Herod wants to kill you." 32 He replied, "Go tell that fox, 'I will drive out demons and heal people today and tomorrow, and on the third day I will reach my goal.' 33 In any case, I must keep going today and tomorrow and the next day—for surely no prophet can die outside Jerusalem! 34 "O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, you who kill the prophets and stone those sent to you, how often I have longed to gather your children together, as a hen gathers her chicks under her wings, but you were not willing! 35 Look, your house is left to you desolate. I tell you, you will not see me again until you say, 'Blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord.'"

And when the sabbath was past, Mary Magdalene, and Mary the mother of James, and Salome, had bought sweet spices, that they might come and anoint him.

2 And very early in the morning the first day of the week, they came unto the sepulchre at the rising of the sun.

1 In the end of the sabbath, as it began to dawn toward the first day of the week, came Mary Magdalene and the other Mary to see the sepulchre.

Jesus rose during the fourth watch of the night which happens between 3 and 6 am. And the scripture is clear that He rose on the FIRST DAY OF THE WEEK, SUNDAY, when the sun was just beginning to show

I think you are incorrect. If you look at the two Sabbaths of that week, during which 14th Nissan, the Passover, the unleavened bread feast, and the Jewish time-line you will find it different.

passover trimeline.jpg

6 hours ago, TheMatrixHasU71 said:

I recommend you fond a book called NOTES ON THE BOOK OF GENESIS by Charles Henry Mackintosh. It talks about the Sabbath day and Sunday observance in one of the early chapters. It should explain it perfectly for you

Where is the "thus sayeth the Lord" that directly and succinctly counters the 4th commandment?

22 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

Sunday observance is a tradition, not a doctrine.   And no I don't need to defend it.

Wrong.   The Bible does not equate Christians with Israel.   Israel is never spiritualized to refer to Christians in the New Testaments.   But the SDA is neither "Israel" nor are they Christians.  They are a cult of unregenerate, hell-bound sinners who are trusting in works, not Jesus for salvation.

Both.  Neither the organization or SDA adherents are part of the Kingdom of God.  They have no part in Christ or His Kingdom.

All of the above. Furthermore, they have other observances that they hold are necessary for salvation, namely the keeping of all 10 commandments and keeping the dietary laws.

What I have learned over the years in dealing with cults is that they have a public face and a private face.   The Mormons,for instance,  publicly deny that they teach that Satan and Jesus are brothers.  But they DO teach it.  They have doctrines that are only for private consumption.   Cults always operate that way.   They know how their core doctrines appear to the public, so they put up smokescreens so that the general public is unaware of what they truly teach.

Which only confirms my point about false doctrine.  Anyone who thinks that atheists will be in heaven is clearly operating from a flawed doctrinal position.

No, I simply understand the core doctrines of the SDA.  There might be some minor variance between congregations, but most of the core doctrines are the same.

Mmmm. So, according to you as per the above quote,  the tradition of Sunday observance is fine and appropriate because such tradition is more 'Christian' than keeping God's commandments. Matt 15:6?

Guest shiloh357
1 minute ago, brakelite said:

Mmmm. So, according to you as per the above quote,  the tradition of Sunday observance is fine and appropriate because such tradition is more 'Christian' than keeping God's commandments. Matt 15:6?

Jesus is our Sabbath.  He is what the Sabbath day was pointing to.   We rest in Christ, not in a day.   Sunday is not a Sabbath observance.  Sunday is the day that the Church has historically worshiped the Lord congregationally.   Worshiping on Sunday is not a replacement for the Sabbath.  Our Sabbath rest in Christ is 24/7 and not limited to a day.

And as usual, you are applying Matt. 15:6 out of context (Cults always do that).    Matt. 15:6 pertains to the way that the Pharisees had hypocritically applied a tradition to avoid a commandment, namely to honor their parents.  

The Sabbath day was never a commandment to the Church.  The Sabbath  of the Church is our salvation rest in Christ.   We enter into His rest through salvation.