• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  479
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  0

1 minute ago, Yowm said:

I basically agree but remember even ones like Mormons do good works but it doesn't mean a changed heart. Your formula seems to put the cart before the horse. It also seems like a subtle sleight of hand changing faith and replacing it with good works when Scripture clearly lays the emphasis on faith.

Works means your heart has changed and you have a desire to do God's will. If you don't do God's will, then you probably aren't saved. If you are saved, sinning is possible, but you hate the sin and repent immediately. 

You just repeated what I said in different words. My "formula", puts faith as number 1, in the relevant subject. So I don't understand how I put the cart before the horse. I'm not excluding God. I never said, without God's gift we can have salvation.

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.24
  • Days Won:  115

23 minutes ago, AscendedMasters333 said:

Works means your heart has changed and you have a desire to do God's will. If you don't do God's will, then you probably aren't saved. If you are saved, sinning is possible, but you hate the sin and repent immediately. 

You just repeated what I said in different words. My "formula", puts faith as number 1, in the relevant subject. So I don't understand how I put the cart before the horse. I'm not excluding God. I never said, without God's gift we can have salvation.

I agree that works means a change of heart, good works to a better heart, bad works to a worse heart.  Yet, the true question here is what or who is causing the change of heart?  As Yowm stated, there are many people who do good works, yet refuse Christ as their savior.  THese will never make it to heaven by their works alone.

You also discard the fact that each believer is at a different stage in their life, some just barely being changes, some who have been changed for most of their life, and everyone else who fall between the two.  We cannot judge the salvation of another by their works.

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,763
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

44 minutes ago, AscendedMasters333 said:

Works means your heart has changed 

and you have a desire to do God's will. If you don't do God's will, then you probably aren't saved. If you are saved, sinning is possible, but you hate the sin and repent immediately. 

Works means your heart has changed 

Atheist are often very good people..?

Acts 16:31

They said, "Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved, you and your household."

Verse Concepts

For since in the wisdom of God the world through its wisdom did not come to know God, God was well-pleased through the foolishness of the message preached to save those who believe.  1 Corinthians 1:21

through whom we have received grace and apostleship to bring about the obedience of faith among all the Gentiles for His name's sake, Romans

"He who has believed and has been baptized shall be saved, but he who has disbelieved shall be condemned.

Luke 7:50 

And He said to the woman, "Your faith has saved you; go in peace."

Romans 10:9

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  208
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

On ‎10‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 12:54 PM, warrior12 said:

Go to sermonaudio.com and search for that name.  You can hear or sample his sermons there ect.   Actually, i just checked  and he has 685 sermons listed there.  Paul Washer preachers in a way that is sometimes sentimental or emotional.  His messages, well let's say, you have to listen for yourself and make your call.  He is popular on youtube also.  Hope this helps you. 

:emot-heartbeat:

Amen~!

And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things! Romans 10:15

https://www.sermonaudio.com/search.asp?seriesOnly=true&currSection=sermonstopic&SourceID=pjparisis&keyworddesc=Paul+Washer&keyword=Paul+Washer

I Love Paul Washer....

:emot-heartbeat: