bornagain2011

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  82
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  602
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  0

What are some boundaries or hedges you have in place around your marriage? Do you chit chat with the opposite sex at church? What if you're drawn towards someone or attracted to them? Do you ignore them or act normal? 

Thanks!

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

Everyone is going to have different boundaries in their marriage since each couple is unique. I would not want to publicly post what the boundaries were in my marriage. Those are personal.

• Thanks 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  24
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,459
  • Content Per Day:  0.60
  • Days Won:  2

11 hours ago, bornagain2011 said:

What are some boundaries or hedges you have in place around your marriage? Do you chit chat with the opposite sex at church? What if you're drawn towards someone or attracted to them? Do you ignore them or act normal? 

Thanks!

In terms of interactions at church, both my wife and I are comfortable with talking to just about anyone whether we are together or apart.  Some people are friendlier than others and more enjoyable to be around, we all tend to gravitate toward such people who smile a lot and are more gregarious.  I just enjoy chatting with anyone who wants to hold an interesting conversation.  I also enjoy getting to know people so I'm comfortable discussing a range of topics to find out what they are interested in.  On occasion, if I get a very bad spiritual sense of something wrong, I'll avoid someone or cut a conversation short.

In terms of boundaries and hedges, we don't have any hard and fast rules.  The general principle I follow is that I will not develop a close friendship with another woman and I avoid discussions of intimate topics of any sort with a woman.  Those are things reserved for my wife.  My wife does the same thing.  I also use common sense and avoid being with women in physically isolated locations.

The real key in my mind is working at maintaining a strong marriage and avoiding inadvertently heading toward emotional affairs.  The biggest concerns I see are not occasional interactions for a few minutes here and there but long term consistent interactions like at a job or on a ministry team or any situation where I am interacting with a person a lot over a long period of time.  I make sure I keep a level of emotional separation from women in those situations.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  85
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

[for me anyway] as followers of the Lord Jesus Christ we should have already denied our own will (Matthew 16:24) beside abstaining from all appearance of evil (1 Thessalonians 5:22), and beside abstaining from fleshly lusts which war against the soul (1 Peter 2:11): and ought not to begin to say "but this" or "but that", for behold if we are truly "in Christ", if we truly belong to Christ we will have put to death the corrupt nature with its affections and lusts (Galatians 5:24).  

Notwithstanding sin does crop up upon us, yet again if it be so that we are truly born of God we will no longer commit [put our trust into the hands and power of] sin, because His seed remains in us, and we cannot put our trust in sin, because we are born of God. (1 John 3:9)

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  951
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,563
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

On 10/21/2017 at 12:42 AM, bornagain2011 said:

Thanks!

I don't chit chat with men at church less a homosexual should misunderstand-:mellow:  :o 

Really I do have serious hedges, but not so that I will be rude to a person that wants to chat. I will not be found in company of a woman alone anywhere, the reason is so that neither will become fodder for gossip. But as to hellos, how are you and yours doing? Of course I do talk with women and men anywhereincluding church.

Edited by Neighbor