• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,039
  • Content Per Day:  7.97
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

On 10/18/2017 at 11:50 PM, Riccardo said:

Don't you think each person thinks they are right & if you don't agree with them you are the one practicing false doctrine. I can guarantee we don't agree on all points. So you are practicing  false doctrine, is that the way we are to think? 

There is a personal relatable objective truth that comes from God's Word alone and in this we, the children of God, know truth...

On 10/19/2017 at 12:20 AM, Davida said:

Some here actually fight against the ones giving truth & challenging false hoods of others. I believe it's a lost cause and sometimes feel like deleting all of my posts and leaving.

We'd find ya :D 

On 10/19/2017 at 5:34 AM, brakelite said:

I'll ignore the usual weak comeback, and ask you to defend Sunday observance from the scriptures....only...explaining why it should not be classified as one of the most widely accepted false doctrines in the church.

Your ignoring or acceptance has no bearing... it is God's Word alone that we stand and SDA is the more easily refuted from Scripture
Rom 14

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,824
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  3

5 hours ago, shiloh357 said:

That is not true.  It is cults like the SDA that promote the Sabbath as part of a works-based system of righteousness that leads many to Hell.

This is statement is incorrect, and cannot be supported by scripture. 

You may correctly believe that the imputed righteousness of Jesus Christ is by faith to anyone who believes, as they are and that includes the state of their mind and understanding, with all the pollution of anything that could possible be. 

If you have said; they believe Jesus died for the forgiveness of our sins, and raised from the dead, and many other things that you think they are biblically corrrect , but there is something not about keeping the Sabbath or not, but about that they put a significance to it, that it cannot be supported by the apostolic teachings. 

They are saved, and it is not the truth to judge them to Hell, this is not a Heavenly truth. 

Where it comes from I don't know, but it does not come from the Holly Spirit. 

Good bye. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Guest shiloh357
5 minutes ago, Your closest friendnt said:

This is statement is incorrect, and cannot be supported by scripture. 

I didn't make a statement what Scripture says. I made a statement about what the SDA teaches.  It is a works-based system of righteousness that includes the Sabbath as a requirement for salvation which is not supported by Scripture.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  41
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  726
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/30/1974

Just now, shiloh357 said:

I didn't make a statement what Scripture says. I made a statement about what the SDA teaches.  It is a works-based system of righteousness that includes the Sabbath as a requirement for salvation which is not supported by Scripture.

I think I would have to agree with you.  I have family members and have worked with folks that are members of SDA.  

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  20

2 minutes ago, brakelite said:

Where is the "thus sayeth the Lord" that directly and succinctly counters the 4th commandment?

In tradition, of course,  that counters Yahweh's Word on many many points.......   for those who trust tradition,   Yahweh says let their tradition save them on the day of Judgment (if they won't trust in Jesus ) ....

• Haha 1

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  616
  • Content Per Day:  0.25

13 hours ago, shiloh357 said:

That is not true.  It is cults like the SDA that promote the Sabbath as part of a works-based system of righteousness that leads many to Hell.

Why would you call the Seventh Day Adventist a cult?

Should we not worship God everyday? If God made everyday of the week, are not all days Holy? 

Just because a church chooses to make Saturday the Holy Day, does not make it right for another church or person to condemn then.

What is most important, keeping one day a week Holy, or none at all. Who cares that it isn't Sunday.  By condemning a church and all its people, over this. You will only incur God's anger on yourself.

What does it say in the New Testiment, Jesus own apostles, telling another not to preach. (He wasn't a member of thier own group). What did Jesus say. "If he's not against us he is for us". If Jesus is willing to accept outsiders not of thier group, how much more willing should we be?

Guest shiloh357
5 minutes ago, Pudgenik said:

Why would you call the Seventh Day Adventist a cult?

Because they are based on the teachings of Ellen White who was a self-proclaimed prophet and claimed to get special revelation in visions from God.   They pervert the atonement through their doctrine of "investigative judgement," wherein Jesus did not enter the heavenly holy of holies until 1844 AD (instead of returning to earth as they prophesied) and began reviewing the works of all saints who have ever lived up to that point. Those who have sins that they have not repented of or confessed are recorded and will stand against the believer in the day of judgment.  

According to that doctrine, Jesus' sacrifice on the cross is not sufficient for salvation and thus they teach a works-based system of righteousness, instead of salvation by grace alone through faith alone in Christ alone.

They teach that Sunday observance is the Mark of the Beast and that only through Sabbath observance can we avoid the Mark of the Beast.

They further teach that all 10 commandments and the dietary laws of Lev. 11 and Deut. 14 are required for salvation.  

That is why they are a cult.

Should we not worship God everyday? If God made everyday of the week, are not all days Holy? 

Just because a church chooses to make Saturday the Holy Day, does not make it right for another church or person to condemn then.

What is most important, keeping one day a week Holy, or none at all. Who cares that it isn't Sunday.  By condemning a church and all its people, over this. You will only incur God's anger on yourself.

I don't condemn over keeping the Sabbath.  I condemn their movement as a cult for perverting the doctrine of the atonement and thus preaching a false Gospel.

What does it say in the New Testiment, Jesus own apostles, telling another not to preach. (He wasn't a member of thier own group). What did Jesus say. "If he's not against us he is for us". If Jesus is willing to accept outsiders not of thier group, how much more willing should we be?

You clearly have no grasp on how to apply or exegete Scripture.  You don't understand the issue at hand or how to correctly apply the Scriptures to it.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.83
  • Days Won:  226

1 minute ago, shiloh357 said:

Because they are based on the teachings of Ellen White who was a self-proclaimed prophet and claimed to get special revelation in visions from God.   They pervert the atonement through their doctrine of "investigative judgement," wherein Jesus did not enter the heavenly holy of holies until 1844 AD (instead of returning to earth as they prophesied) and began reviewing the works of all saints who have ever lived up to that point. Those who have sins that they have not repented of or confessed are recorded and will stand against the believer in the day of judgment.  

According to that doctrine, Jesus' sacrifice on the cross is not sufficient for salvation and thus they teach a works-based system of righteousness, instead of salvation by grace alone through faith alone in Christ alone.

They teach that Sunday observance is the Mark of the Beast and that only through Sabbath observance can we avoid the Mark of the Beast.

They further teach that all 10 commandments and the dietary laws of Lev. 11 and Deut. 14 are required for salvation.  

That is why they are a cult.

I don't condemn over keeping the Sabbath.  I condemn their movement as a cult for perverting the doctrine of the atonement and thus preaching a false Gospel.

You clearly have no grasp on how to apply or exegete Scripture.  You don't understand the issue at hand or how to correctly apply the Scriptures to it.

From knowing and talking to some SDA not all of them turn to Ellen G White. But they do believe in soul sleep which a not biblical.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.83
  • Days Won:  226

1 minute ago, Cobalt1959 said:

I will point out that just because they may say they do not turn to Ellen G. White, that does not mean that they actually do not.  White's writings are held just as high, if not higher within the SDA as the Bible is.  So if these SDA's do not hold with her teachings, one would have to ask why they are even members of that denomination.  The same could be said for Jehovah's Witnesses, who rely on Charles Taze Russell, and Mormons who rely on Joseph Smith.  They know that others outside the denomination do not understand these outside prophets, and in some cases, ridicule them openly so many often hide or downplay their importance to the outside world.  But their reliance on them, over and above Jesus and the Bible is readily apparent when you get inside the system.  No cult openly talks about these things and their reliance on them to an outsider, when it comes to becoming a member until you have been indoctrinated long enough to already be trapped.

I really do put JW's and Mormons in a cult classification but not so much with the SDA. But I do look at their beliefs with caution.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  616
  • Content Per Day:  0.25

1 hour ago, Cobalt1959 said:

Because they rely on a special prophet.  They also base one's salvation on "keeping" the Sabbath even though "keeping" the Sabbath has been physically impossible for 1947 years.  So in actuality, even though SDA's say they are "keeping" the Sabbath, they are not "keeping" the Sabbath any more than anyone else is.  No one can keep the Sabbath in the way they say we should, as all of them who frequent this board have already demonstrated, time and time again.

I heard what you are saying.

• Thumbs Up 1