IGNORED

Saturday or Sunday?

enoob57

Guest shiloh357
4 minutes ago, Ana said:
Sabbath is more than a commandment. Sabbath is another undeserved gift God graciously gave us because we do need it. The Sabbath is a celebration of God's creation. Adam and Eve celebrated it. Now we can't be in person with God, we can't be in the same space physically, but God built a temple in time, a space in time, a weekly invitation to culminate our daily devotion, where we can all meet with Him. God didn't ban us from His Holy day, this is another beautiful gesture from a God of tenderness, a God who wants to be remembered by us.

The Sabbath is a picture of Jesus and based on your post, there is nothing about the glory of Christ in the Sabbath.   The Sabbath is not about day.  It is about honoring Christ who is our Sabbath rest.

Even if you think the Sunday is the right day, even if you think God doesn't expect anything from you, it's wrong to attack the Sabbath. When I see people in Fatima walking on their knees in pain to fulfill a promise they made, I feel compassion and pray that such faith can be directed to keep searching God's truth. I don't pray for them to find my truth.

They are idolaters and by your testimony, you would let them go to hell.  They are not searching for, much less finding God's truth.   I would pray that they would find the truth I have found in the Person of the Lord Jesus Christ.  I find it disappointing that you would let those people simply march straight into Hell without telling them the truth that their idols can do nothing for them, but that they need Jesus and His finished work on the cross.

No one here is pushing the Sabbath on anyone. We are not responsible for each-other's choices, but under no circumstance I want to be someone who points anyone in the wrong direction. You people who are against Sabbath believers keeping their Sabbath, what if you are wrong, do you want to risk to be before God after pointing someone in the wrong direction?

Pointing people to Jesus is NEVER pointing anyone in the wrong direction.   And yes, people are here pushing the Sabbath as a requirement for Christians, even to the point of saying that the Sabbath is required for salvation.   You apparently, have not read the entire thread.

We should just be glad that we still have a place where we can meet people who look for God, no matter their stage of spiritual growth. There are much we can enjoy here with each other, without pointing out their religious faults. This world would put us all in the same bag. We would fight together for the rights of unborn babies, we would fight together for family values, we all represent God's righteousness and love in this rotten world. We see us go in different directions; all we can do is pray for each-other and our sincerity, our humbleness and willingness to seek for the truth, so we could all, no matter what, one day meet in a place where at last no one is a prey. We all know each-other's arguments, we've been hearing them since ever; it's like the weekly new atheist telling us God isn't omnipotent because He can't create a rock he can't lift.
Let God be our judge and live the freedom this gives to us. Discussing interpretations can be very positive, but to direct arguments to a personal level isn't right. Non-believers, before they are open to know God, look for us to see His reflection. Above all, we must represent Him properly to those who search Him and end up in forums seeing how we interact with each other.
That is simply a false accusation.  We oppose the cultic teachings of the SDA that are occuring on this board.  This is not about interpretation, but countering false doctrine and false teachers who would like to put people into spiritual bondage. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,604
  • Content Per Day:  3.98
  • Days Won:  21

Also, here is another caveat. The days (except Sabbath) were at that time following the Roman tradition of 6am to 6am. So it becomes more confusing. The real truth is that Yeshua was put in the tomb sometime between 3pm and 6pm on Nisan 14. For three whole days and nights he was there. Then (in my reckoning) he rose just before the end of that weekly Sabbath. It makes such perfect sense that The Lord of The Sabbath should be thus resurrected. THIS REALLY ANNOYS THE ADVERSARY. So is it any wonder that such lies and confusion have been perpetuated on all followers of the Christian belief system? It has been so polluted and meddled with, even the translators and scholars were befuddled, persecuted and often put to death.

It is a blood soaked history this Sabbath denial.

5 hours ago, Giller said:

Here is something from Barnabas, historical wise, it is said:

(Barnabas 15:9)

(Wherefore also we keep the eighth day for rejoicing, in the which
also Jesus rose from the dead, and having been manifested ascended
into the heavens.)

This is misquoted from the Church Fathers concept: 8th day is a colloquial allusion to 'the circumcised new life'. It has little to do with any other meaning. If it did, Jews would call it the first day of the week. 

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  50
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

-

Edited by Ana
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1

5 hours ago, Giller said:

Jer 31:33
(33)  But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.

Now this is talking no doubt to Israel, but in the new testament it attaches this to the new covenant.

Heb 8:10-13
(10)  For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:
(11)  And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest.
(12)  For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more.
(13)  In that he saith, A new covenant, he hath made the first old. Now that which decayeth and waxeth old is ready to vanish away.

This is actually what happens at the born again experience, which Israel as a nation will be born again at Christ's second coming which begins the millennial reign.

But these laws which were in Jeremiah's time and of course before that has been written in the churches hearts'.

2Co 3:2-3
(2)  Ye are our epistle written in our hearts, known and read of all men:
(3)  Forasmuch as ye are manifestly declared to be the epistle of Christ ministered by us, written not with ink, but with the Spirit of the living God; not in tables of stone, but in fleshy tables of the heart.

It is the moral law that has been written in man's hearts, and notice Jeremiah, Corinthians, nor Hebrews puts an exception to what laws are included or excluded, so then why should we?

Are we not suppose to believe all the word without adding or taking away from it?

Does a complete spiritual, physical and mental rest remain for the people of God?

Yes the old sabbath days have been done away, but does that mean that having a sabbath day now has completely been done away?

When no scriptures truly show this?

Yes Colossians mentions things, but we have to be careful in reading it closely, for it was not covering the fact of if we should have a day of rest or not, but rather it was covering the fact of that the days they held them under the old covenant was done away.

Not one jot or tittle shall pass.. I think you misunderstand. God is not so dumb that one day He awakens and thinks, OH I better supercede all the stuff I said before; because it is no longer valid - silly me!
Berean Study Bible
For I tell you truly, until heaven and earth pass away, not a single jot, not a stroke of a pen, will disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished.

4 minutes ago, inchrist said:

Essentially this is what is emerging, dispensationalism versus the sabbath day.

Sorry but you showing a complete limited understanding how this works

The importance of the sabbath points to all of Gods holy convocations which are called rehearsals . The sabbath is on of Gods Holy rehearsals

If the bride is  rehearsing for her future Marriage to the Lamb, then every Sabbath day is important for this rehearsal as she prepares herself.

Romans 6:5 says that we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, and that we shall also be planted together in the likeness of his resurrection. ...Which was on the sabbath.

Since Christ came to fulfill laws 

Leviticus 23:11: ...And he shall wave the sheaf before YHWH, to be accepted for you: on the morrow after the Sabbath the priest shall wave it.

The high priests were commanded to wave the first-fruits of the barley harvest before God

Christ now acting as the High Priest after the order of Melchizedek is commanded by God to wave the sheaf before God

This sheaf's are called firstfurits

Corinthians 15:20 But now is Messiah risen from the dead, and become the firstfruits of them that slept.

His resurrection on the seventh day of the week points us to the Sabbath Millennium when he will also resurrect his bride at the last day! 

No, im practicing my wedding to Christ.

Berean Study Bible
For I tell you truly, until heaven and earth pass away, not a single jot, not a stroke of a pen, will disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished.
first_fruit.png

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,058
  • Content Per Day:  7.97
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

God's Word clearly and without equivocation 'Christ fulfilled the law'...
https://www.gotquestions.org/abolish-fulfill-law.html

• Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,763
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

7 hours ago, missmuffet said:

Traditionally it is Sunday. But a lot of times a Church have services during the week. Does it really matter? I worship God seven days a week 350 days of the year.

Every day should be a Sabbath day,  as some Christians forget that God wants to be glorified and worshipped and He tells them to get together to worship Him.

s, "Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as is the manner of some, but exhorting one another, and so much the more as you see the day approaching. For if we sin willfully after we have received the knowledge of the truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins, but a certain fearful expectation of judgment, and fiery indignation.Hebr.10:25-27

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  977
  • Content Per Day:  0.21
  • Days Won:  0

4 hours ago, shiloh357 said:

This is very bad theology and sloppy exegesis.  

First of all, "Sabbaths"  is not qualified to exclude the weekly Sabbath. To the original audience, the weekly Sabbath is intuitively included in along with new moons, and holy days.  The weekly Sabbath is included as a holy day in Scripture.  And like it or not, it is included by Paul as a shadow of Christ.

Secondly, when it comes to types and shadows, the Sabbath, Festivals and their accompanying High Sabbaths, look back and forward at the same time.   Memorials in the Scriptures have the unique feature that they memorialize what God has done and what will do.   The very root word in Hebrew for "remember"  or "memorial"  is "zikhron"  and it is a word that points forward and backward at the same time.     The Lord's Supper (communion) looks back at Jesus finished work on the cross AND according to Scripture, "shows forth his death until He comes."   So it points back to what happened 2000 years ago and at the same time reminds us to that He is going to return.

The Sabbath day is a memorial of creation, AND it is a memorial of Israel's exodus from Egypt (Deut. 5:14-15).  The Sabbath is theologically connected to the picture of redemption in the Exodus of Egypt.  The Exodus is the OT archetype of redemption and the Sabbath was given to Israel in the context of a redemptive relationship AFTER Israel was saved.  The Sabbath was given as a result of Israel's redemption.  

Jesus is the fulfillment of the picture that God painted with the Sabbath day.   The Sabbath is a picture of Christ in whom we rest.  Just as Adam entered into God's rest on the seventh day after God's labors, so we enter into the Lord's rest AFTER the finished work of Christ on the cross.  He is our Sabbath.

The SDA theology around the Sabbath day turns the Sabbath into an idol.   They have taken what is a picture of Christ and have turned it into a necessary ingredient for salvation.  The SDA, the finished work of Jesus on the cross is insufficient for salvation.  The SDA peddles a false Gospel and Paul would call that  "anathema."  (cursed of God).

I will remind you that this conversation began from a simple request on my part for anyone to Biblically defend Sunday observance. The answer I have since received is a clear support of Sunday as a tradition, and a condemnation of those who would choose to observe Sabbath. That is bad enough, that you would condemn as heretics anyone who seeks to obey a commandment. But what is worse is that you are doing so without any knowledge whatsoever of these people's motives. That is abomination. You are placing yourself upon Gods throne. You do not know me. You do not know my friends. And despite your self glorying self righteous "you know it all" attitude regarding Adventist teaching, I will repeat, you may think you know, but you understand nothing. 

As for your so called exegesis aboveb it is a flat denial of not only Paul's words but also his testimony. As ,inChrist, pointed out Jewish and Gentile Christians observed Sabbath in Actsb and there is historical testimony that Sabbath observance continued long after the apostolic era. Interestingly it was the orthodox Sunday keepers who persecuted the Sabbath keepers ...nothing new under the sun. 

• Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,058
  • Content Per Day:  7.97
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

The gathering of the local body of believers pleases God in that He says don't forsake it ... God sees us doing unto Him as His Love returning to Him~ so why would anyone forsake the assembly? It's not rocket science we 'the born of God' do want God to be Loved for what He has done in The Son ....   Love, Steven

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1