• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,605
  • Content Per Day:  3.98
  • Days Won:  21

7 hours ago, missmuffet said:

Traditionally it is Sunday. But a lot of times a Church have services during the week. Does it really matter? I worship God seven days a week 350 days of the year.

Probably a funny typo - but what do you do on the the other 15 days? Sleep maybe?

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,142
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

7 minutes ago, brakelite said:

I will remind you that this conversation began from a simple request on my part for anyone to Biblically defend Sunday observance. The answer I have since received is a clear support of Sunday as a tradition, and a condemnation of those who would choose to observe Sabbath. That is bad enough, that you would condemn as heretics anyone who seeks to obey a commandment. But what is worse is that you are doing so without any knowledge whatsoever of these people's motives. That is abomination. You are placing yourself upon Gods throne. You do not know me. You do not know my friends. And despite your self glorying self righteous "you know it all" attitude regarding Adventist teaching, I will repeat, you may think you know, but you understand nothing. 

As for your so called exegesis aboveb it is a flat denial of not only Paul's words but also his testimony. As ,inChrist, pointed out Jewish and Gentile Christians observed Sabbath in Actsb and there is historical testimony that Sabbath observance continued long after the apostolic era. Interestingly it was the orthodox Sunday keepers who persecuted the Sabbath keepers ...nothing new under the sun. 

It is really simple and has been pointed out in many many ways Christ is our Sabbath rest
https://www.gotquestions.org/Jesus-Sabbath.html    

We the born of God hate what your trying to do here- trying to get the hearts to rely on the dead letter of the law

Romans 2:27 (KJV)

[27] And shall not uncircumcision which is by nature, if it fulfil the law, judge thee, who by the letter and circumcision dost transgress the law?

[28] For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision, which is outward in the flesh:

[29] But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.

instead of The Lord Jesus

John 14:6 (KJV)

[6] Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Acts 4:12 (KJV)

[12] Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

Clearly you are rebuked by The Word of God for doing so...
Love, Steven

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  977
  • Content Per Day:  0.21
  • Days Won:  0

What all are forgetting is that at creation, Jesus created a day and sanctified it, and made it holy. Nowhere in scripture are we advised that He has made it unholy.At that time there was not a Jew...not an Israelite nation...not even a sinner. It was a day in which Jesus and Adam shared a day of fellowship together ...Adam hasn't even worked yetb he hadn't earned his rst, it was a gracious gift granted him by his Creator. 

Later, Jesus declared that it was for man's sake the Sabbath was made and that He, Jesus, was the Lord of it. Which makes the Lord's day the 7th day Sabbath, not Sunday.

As for Jesus' resurrection, yes He rose on Sunday. But the new covenant began the moment He shed His blood two day previously. and guess what He did in between On the Sabbath? He rested!! His own observance of Sabbath in death was His first act under the new covenant.

Edited by brakelite
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,064
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

44 minutes ago, brakelite said:

I will remind you that this conversation began from a simple request on my part for anyone to Biblically defend Sunday observance. The answer I have since received is a clear support of Sunday as a tradition, and a condemnation of those who would choose to observe Sabbath.

Luke 4:16-17

16 And He came to Nazareth, where He had been brought up; and as was His custom, He entered the synagogue on the Sabbath, and stood up to read.
NASB

if you want to speak to many Jewish men the best place to do so would be where they gather.....    It is true the Jewish population still observed the Sabbath, but those spreading the gospel were going to where the people were gathered

add to that the concept that Jesus broke the Sabbath laws of working on the Sabbath would put is in a not so good position.

John 5:15-18
 16 And for this reason the Jews were persecuting Jesus, because He was doing these things on the Sabbath. 17 But He answered them, "My Father is working until now, and I Myself am working."  18 For this cause therefore the Jews were seeking all the more to kill Him, because He not only was breaking the Sabbath, but also was calling God His own Father, making Himself equal with God.
NASB

Make a note that they were accusing him of breaking the law and he did not correct them, simply said that not only was he working, but the Father had been working also.

But let me edit this to add that there is nothing wrong if you want to keep a weekly Sabbath....   but it is wrong for you to force it on others, and surely wrong to make it a necessary part of salvation as some other than yourself does.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  977
  • Content Per Day:  0.21
  • Days Won:  0

20 minutes ago, enoob57 said:

It is really simple and has been pointed out in many many ways Christ is our Sabbath rest
https://www.gotquestions.org/Jesus-Sabbath.html    

We the born of God hate what your trying to do here- trying to get the hearts to rely on the dead letter of the law

Romans 2:27 (KJV)

[27] And shall not uncircumcision which is by nature, if it fulfil the law, judge thee, who by the letter and circumcision dost transgress the law?

[28] For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision, which is outward in the flesh:

[29] But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.

instead of The Lord Jesus

John 14:6 (KJV)

[6] Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Acts 4:12 (KJV)

[12] Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

Clearly you are rebuked by The Word of God for doing so...
Love, Steven

We do rest in Christ. Absolutelyb I have never denied that. Does resting in Christ however necessarily mean the annulment of a commandment? Nowhere in scripture...I say again nowhere does scripture suggest any annulment or change or removal of any of God's ten commandments. That is presumption. You folk need to stop viewing obedience to a commandment as a burden and take Isaiahs advice and treat it as a delight. Then not only do you rest spiritually in Christ but you also honor the very day he set aside as a gift for you to rest your bodyb thus keeping it holy and not profaning it.

Edited by brakelite
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,142
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

2 minutes ago, brakelite said:

We do rest in Christ. Absolutelyb I have never denied that. Does resting in Christ however necessarily mean the annulment of a commandment? Nowhere in scripture...I say again nowhere does scripture suggest any annulment or change or removal of any of God's ten commandments. That is presumption. You folk need to stop viewing obedience to a commandment as a burden and take Isaiahs advice and treat it as a delight. Then not only do you rest spiritually in Christ but you also honor the very day he set aside as a gift for you to rest your bodyb thus keeping it holy and not profaning it.

No where in the NT is this found and as to the body-it is not redeemed but to be considered dead ... it will be in s/Spirit I will stand before my Lord! 

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  951
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,559
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

Okay; What if on the year our Lord brought the grace and mercy of his Father to us, conquering death, there was not one Sabbath, not two Sabbaths, but even  a third Sabbath each back to back to back? Why we would have a full three days and nights not some short counting mechanism.

Plus  if Jesus arose on the third day was that not as early as evening instead of at sunrise?

The Sabbath no matter how long nor how many days in a row, would have ended with the sound of the trump at the wallof the city  at sunset would it not? And would the eager Mary Magdeline then wait  another whole night until the next morning's  sun to go to the tomb or did she hightail it while it was still dark? (I'm having a little early morning specultion for my own entertainment.)

"Now on the first day of the week Mary Magdalene came to the tomb early, while it was still dark"

Edited by Neighbor

Y'all seem allergic to any hint of THE LAW. What is this, 'we are not under the law' thing I keep hearing?

Whenever someone mentions something we do not like, we say that they are either Pharisaical, legalistic, or other such unworthy comments. NOT UNDER THE LAW OF SIN AND DEATH. That is what it means.

Did Yeshua NOT say that the Sabbath was made for man? Why? because He died and was resurrected on the Sabbath. That is why traditions of men attempt to rob God of His Sabbath, freely given to save all mankind. Nothing has changed from the account we have in the garden and His Creative Genius. God has His Redemptive Purposes and is continually working them out for us. Meanwhile, some of us are dealing with the devil and pretending we are doing God a favor.

The law of the SCORPION

As I drove back today, I saw fresh ploughed fields. I looked at some dirt. Amazing! So much dirt on our planet. Momentarily my mid was boggled. Then in the distance, a castle. Incredible location right by a river on a rise of ground. Wondering of the people that had gone before. Then saw some sheep; just standing looking at each other. So many sheep on our planet. Why so many?

Then I remembered the anecdote about the frog and the scorpion. And I wondered at it. The frog is still a frog today. The scorpion is still stinging frogs. So then it came to my mind about humans, and the adversary. I realized that little, if anything, had changed. The frogs might have computers and the sheep fancy cars; the humans their social media.
But the scorpion is still the scorpion; still bringing death to the unwary or those that wish to do a deal with him by twisting God's intentions.

• Thumbs Up 1

25 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

Okay; What if on the year our Lord brought the grace and mercy of his Father to us, conquering death, there was not one Sabbath, not two Sabbaths, but even  a third Sabbath each back to back to back? Why we would have a full three days and nights not some short counting mechanism.

Plus  if Jesus arose on the third day was that not as early as evening instead of at sunrise?

The Sabbath no matter how long nor how many days in a row, would have ended with the sound of the trump at the wallof the city  at sunset would it not? And would the eager Mary Magdeline then wait  another whole night until the next morning's  sun to go to the tomb or did she hightail it while it was still dark? (I'm having a little early morning specultion for my own entertainment.)

"Now on the first day of the week Mary Magdalene came to the tomb early, while it was still dark"

Interesting. Nisan 14 to 17 inclusive would have been toward the end of the three days and three nights. Just the correct amount of time. Nisan 17th is the Sabbath. Then the 18th begins and the ladies start their trek to the tomb arriving while still dark. the 18th is the Wave Offering Time at day-break for the people. Now no one is at the tomb except a couple of angels.

I calculated this for over two years, then found this chart which is fairly close to what I understand.

passover trimeline.jpg

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  951
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,559
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

8 minutes ago, Justin Adams said:

Interesting. Nisan 14 to 17 inclusive would have been toward the end of the three days and three nights. Just the correct amount of time. Nisan 17th is the Sabbath. Then the 18th begins and the ladies start their trek to the tomb arriving while still dark. the 18th is the Wave Offering Time at day-break for the people. Now no one is at the tomb except a couple of angels.

I calculated this for over two years, then found this chart which is fairly close to what I understand.

passover trimeline.jpg

I used to enjoy the rants of God's angry man Pastor Eugene Scott, especially when he did his resurrection message  at Christmas. He also did birth of Christ at Passover. I, being a bit of a contrarian, had a fondness for him, though he seemed to go quite whacky crazy toward the end of his life. He was briliant in his presentations,  whether accurate or not I don't know. But he presented the three consecutive Sabbaths and that they occurred together but once in history. I no longer have ready access to the resources for that one. May not be so, but it is an interesting memory anyway.

Good charting by someone! 

Edited by Neighbor
  • Thumbs Up 1