• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,098
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

7 hours ago, Riccardo said:

Acts 13:42 the gentiles converts wanted to hear more. Why did the disciples not say come tomorrow on the first day.?

If Jesus broke the law he is a sinner & not our savior.  He broke their traditions defiantly not Gods law.

I would suggest you go back and reread the commandments....   it says there is no work to be done......   NO WORK, and Jesus admitted he was working....    you can twist that into whatever you need to accept it but it is what it says.

they did not say come back tomorrow because it was not there tradition to be in groups on that day.    It was the tradition for Jews to be there and the gentiles were there also.   and they would be there the next week.....    but that does not mean that gentiles are commanded to observe any Sabbaths.   That burden was not given to us.     

But if you do want to observe the Sabbath there is nothing wrong with that, go for it.....     but don't burden us gentiles with unnecessary things that was not given us by the people who brought the gospel to us.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Seventh Day Adventist
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  281
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  0

are you saying that Gods Sabbath is a burden? I always thought it was suppose to be a blessing. Well I am learning

My bible says that Jesus never sinned, if he broke Gods commandment He is a sinner & not our savior 

Are you also telling me there was no Sunday worship at that stage,  seeing the disciples didn't ask them back for Sunday worship the following day but come back the following Sabbath. Interesting 

Edited by Riccardo
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Seventh Day Adventist
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  281
  • Content Per Day:  0.10

13 minutes ago, Cobalt1959 said:

10 All who rely on observing the law are under a curse, for it is written:

Your understanding of the verse is poor if you want to use that against a sabbath observer, what the verse is saying that if you want to observe the law as a means of salvation.

Go back & read Romans, Do we make void the law through grace, certainly not we uphold the law . parra phrasing.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,098
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

20 minutes ago, Riccardo said:

are you saying that Gods Sabbath is a burden? I always thought it was suppose to be a blessing. Well I am learning

My bible says that Jesus never sinned, if he broke Gods commandment He is a sinner & not our savior 

Are you also telling me there was no Sunday worship at that stage,  seeing the disciples didn't ask them back for Sunday worship the following day but come back the following Sabbath. Interesting 

Say what you will with your logic.....   but the fourth commandment says NO work and Jesus said he was working....    so are you willing to sacrifice our salvation to match your belief about the Sabbath commandment being still in effect?   That's the question you should be asking yourself.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,573
  • Content Per Day:  0.51

20 hours ago, simplejeff said:

They don't even start out seeking to dis-prove anything

Really....then how does one 'disprove' false doctrines to the newbies and uninitiated? Like explaining how we as Christians are not required to keep the Saturday Sabbath?

20 hours ago, simplejeff said:

Hmmm.......   mis-construed,  or misconstrued ?   

Nope. Not miscontrued

On 10/22/2017 at 12:59 AM, OneLight said:

Wish you would of let me know you started another thread as I just split off the SDA discussion from the False Doctrine thread into the thread called SDA and the Sabbath Keeping

I can merge this one with that thread so it is being discussed in one place.  Let me know.

Ok. didnt even know there was a separate SDA thread. Go ahead. Sowwy :P

On 10/21/2017 at 12:30 PM, Abdicate said:

This "Sunday" believe is the highest anti-Semitic attack ever.

Then are you saying the first Jewish churches are anti Semitic because they met on a SUNDAY, something which the bible makes very clear?? They were meeting on a sunday right from the very beginning. 

Guest shiloh357
33 minutes ago, other one said:

Say what you will with your logic.....   but the fourth commandment says NO work and Jesus said he was working....    so are you willing to sacrifice our salvation to match your belief about the Sabbath commandment being still in effect?   That's the question you should be asking yourself.

Actually, it was talking about servile work, or any work for purposes of enriching one's self.  The Rabbis concocted 39 categories of "work"  but those are not really binding from a biblical standpoint.  Nothing Jesus did violated the biblical Sabbath restrictions.   But He violated rabbinic restrictions several times in the Gospels.

On 10/21/2017 at 12:30 PM, Abdicate said:

Paul keeps talking about going into the Synagogues to preach "on the Sabbath" until this verse... why the change? Because he's meeting other Christians so they must keep up the lie which is again so translated in 1 Cor 16:2,

Because Paul here was still trying to reach out to unbelieving Jews.